Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    What if the dark below references the darkness that is growing inside our souls.
    Wasn't that kinda the whole point of MoP? Conquer the darkness within us?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    When I saw "The Dark Below" I immediately thought of Azjol'Nerub as well! Don't see it as an expansion though. I would get sick of the spider theme.

Would be much better than either The Legion or underwater stuff. Sadly, it most definitely isn't referring to Azjol Nerub, it just seems too obvious to be the underwater stuff. I wish they'd throw us a curveball again like with Mists instead of making predictable stuff, but that's really just because I don't fancy either the Legion or Naz'jatar stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Wasn't that kinda the whole point of MoP? Conquer the darkness within us?
    yeah i guess. good point.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Sensui06 View Post
    It wouldn't make much sense to go there lore wise. The Scourge part of it would be mostly kept under control by the new Lich King or taken over by whats left of the living bugs. But then again there are not many of them left even tho they can reproduce fast they had been kept in check by the scourge til just a few years ago. Add to that their Old God boss yogg has been re-imprisoned and to top it off would need a lot of time to regenerate his body anyway. The Old Gods other troops were wiped out in Northrend during the Siege on Wyrmrest. So i cant imagine there would be a major reason to go back seeing as nothing down there would be a threat at least not in the near term

- - - Updated - - -

That's a big assumption that we would be taking out Sargeras in the next legion based expansion.
    What!? Someone made an assumption on an internet forum on a thread based on assumptions? Say it aint so!

Deleted
    that could be kool

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Would be much better than either The Legion or underwater stuff. Sadly, it most definitely isn't referring to Azjol Nerub, it just seems too obvious to be the underwater stuff. I wish they'd throw us a curveball again like with Mists instead of making predictable stuff, but that's really just because I don't fancy either the Legion or Naz'jatar stuff.
    Think anyone could argue a good case for either Azshara or Azjol-Nerub. For eg, the ra-den quote referring to a yawning chasm of darkness beneath us sounds much more like referring to some kind of underground empire literally beneath us, than some kind of sunken city location far away in the ocean somewhere in Azeroth.

On the other hand, the puzzle and Ozumats box referring to how the 'fish know the secrets' etc - could be argued it has to be underwater. But then again, theres no reason Azjol-nerub needs to be devoid of water. It could easily be an underground empire that is partially sunken as well. Ozumat could be fiend of the dark below and still serve as reference to both Azjol-nerub and Azshara quite easily.

Ozumat was summoned in a ritual along with the other faceless ones, who are snnymous with underground places more like Azjol than Azshara (Think Wc3). I think of it as the Kraken in Pirates of the Carribean. Even if the expansion is Azjol-Nerub and mostly ground, the bosses there could still use Ozumat as their servant to go forth and wreak destruction on the seas of Azeroth for them.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2013-08-19 at 06:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    An underground themed expansion was the first thing that flicked through my head when I say the 'Dark Below' trademark.

Then I was like "...n-nah. More likely underwater."

Still, Blizzard went to the trouble of adding quests in Cataclysm indicating that the nerubians were rebuilding, so clearly they haven't forgotten the nerubians.

I like it's likely we'll see them and the bug races acting as replacement for the trolls in future, once the last of the Zandalari are dealt with. Then the Aqir come back and the nerubians, qiraji, and mantid rally around them as a new major threat.

Deleted
    Nerubians owo I want. I want I want I want I want.
    Please :3

Deleted
    I had the same thought, but came to the same conclusion that there just might not be enough for an entire expansion. I'd love to see more Azjol-Nerub, you could quite easily bring the Klaxxi into that as then you get exalted with the Klaxxi, you're told they are related to the Nerubians.

I'd love it to be spider themed, but alas, I dont think it will be.

Spider Kingdom could be shoe horned in as a raid teir patch in a future expansion. I could see that, never it's own expansion, because it's too shallow. However, if we ever go to some Dark realm, or shadow realm to kill the true bodies of all the old gods, I could see us going to the spider kingdom for some reason. I dunno, what's left there?! Haven't we killed enough big spider people?

I doubt we will get that at all, even if it would be freaking awesome! Nerubian deserve a real raid atleast. Anub'arak was one of my favorite characters from WC3, and fightning him in Wotlk, but was sad at the fact, he was only a dungeon boss... Well he did become a final boss! ... In a raid that had nothing to do at all with Nerubian... So yeah.. More Nerubian love please!

I dont know, I gotta be honest with myself when it comes to more old gods lore. Two expansions already have been about them, granted they have been only in the background. Im still not ruling out that this could be a D3 expansion, since they need one too. But if it is about the naga and etc, I'll need a strong selling point to get through this lore wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I would love the Spider Kingdom but I think they missed their chance. Old Kingdom was an amazing looking zone and designed for a raid but they made it a 5man dungeon instead.
    Old Kingdom was incredible, I absolutely love that place still, just so utterly beautiful. Even if it's not an Azjol-Nerub expansion (which I think is unlikely) I'd love them to finally develop that raid somehow.

I'm still hoping 'the dark below' will involve finding out what's under Tirisfal.

Deleted
    I already thought so, yes. I really loved Azjol Nerub and AhnKahet, and the stuff below ICC and TOC, and I hope we get to see more. The way I see it, TDB (if legit) is generally old god themed, with final boss being N'Zoth, who is chilling in NyAlotha, but im hoping we see some Ancient Nerubian zones and cavernous zones like Deepholm too, not just underwater zones. And since the Nerubians have worked with the Faceless before...

Hopefully.

When I heard of the title, my first few thoughts went among the lines of "I'd like it to be Azjol-Nerub. I'd live with it being some naga stuff too though. Hell, I'd love it if it's more Vashj'ir-esque stuff! But it's probably gonna be something for Diablo." But then I started to think. Does anyone remember the C'thun quests in Silithus from Cataclysm's beta? They were scrapped at some point, and we pretty much just went with it. I can see them being used in the new expansion. Definitely would be up for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    The way I envision it:

- tier 17: Azshara begins an assault on the surface world, bringing her minions, monsters from the deep and Old God powers to bear, suffers a setback as the surface races strike back (perhaps in her own city of Nazjatar), then flees/is recalled by her master
    - tier 18: Nerubians call for aid, offering ancient knowledge in exchange - knowledge necessary to fight N'Zoth and successfuly defeat him; Horde and Alliance soldiers fight in A-N to free the city from Faceless Ones, scourge remnants, undead Nerubians and whatever else crawls out from the darkness
    - tier 19: we bring the fight to N'Zoth's domain, descending through the Emerald Dream into Nya'lotha, facing his minions, Azshara and finally the Old God itself; lore unearthed from A-N is used to defeat/subdue/permanently banish N'Zoth

Azshara, before going down for the second, and final, time, mocks the attacking raiders about their fate being sealed anyway, as her first master is coming. Ding, 6.x ends, 7.0 begins, Legion says hello.
    That sounds awesome!

No I hadn't and I think it's unlikely but god

GOD

I fucking hope it is

Nearly all the talk about the name has been Legion or Azshara related.

But the name really makes as much (or more) sense referring to an Azjol-Nerub themed expansion. Remember Azjol-Nerub? The (originally planned) raid/zone was cancelled in WOTLK (since admitted by Blizz and Ghostcrawler) and just a short instance was left in its place instead. Fans wondered why, and many of us hoped the real reason was because they figured the concept had so much potential that one day itd be better served as an entire expansion.

How would you feel about an Azjol-Nerub themed expansion? Perhaps quite similar to the Spider Kingdom fan concept that's been floating around for a while.

Reason for this thread is it seems 99% of the talk is Legion or Azshara related - so stop to consider how youd feel about Azjol-Nerub instead!
    First you have to convince us that 'The Dark Below' isn't some random TM application some dolt filled out to dupe all these people into thinking it's actually the name of the next expansion.