Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    dungeons is a stretch, they are counting the temp stuff in that
    I see. Okay then. Though I think the term dungeon in the context tof the existing GW2 dungeons is more than a little dishonest.

    /shrug

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Please read my edit, that's a fuckin nonsense argument and has nothing to do with the point. Why don't you check your psuedo-elitism at the door, since clearly your only point is that you're pro because you happen to have more playtime than others.
    Please re-read my point instead of ignoring it and not be an ass hole for no apparent reason.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Again, look at the graph YOU FUCKING LINKED. It has 3 lines for WoW: West, East, and Global. You're trying to compare the WoW global (6M) with GW2 West (3M+), rather than WoW West (2M).

    - - - Updated - - -


    True, but the link the OP provided didn't, and then someone had to go out of their way to find one that did to bring up that comparison
    You are right.

    http://wowpedia.org/Timeline_(World_of_Warcraft)

    2004-
    November 23 - World of Warcraft launches in North America, Australia and New Zealand.

    2005-
    February 11 - World of Warcraft launches in Europe

    April 26 - World of Warcraft launches in China under licensee The9
    by Aurust :
    Although i havent played it, there is I believe enough info to form a valid opinion.
    To give my opinion on the new WOW xpac..... Ive played enough wow to know MOP is a complete disaster..... I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I see. Okay then. Though I think the term dungeon in the context tof the existing GW2 dungeons is more than a little dishonest.

    /shrug
    well it was a fan who made that info graph, not ArenaNet themselves

  5. #65
    Alright, settle down. Getting slightly too hostile toward each other here.

    Cool it or take it elsewhere.

    -- Fencers

  6. #66
    Scarab Lord UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,156
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    True, but the link the OP provided didn't, and then someone had to go out of their way to find one that did to bring up that comparison
    I'll assume this is aimed at me since I linked the Eurogamer article. I just happened to be reading the article when I swapped to MMO-C and saw this thread. I certainly didn't "go out of my way" lol I was simply pointing out that the comparison was a complete joke.

    In all seriousness, good luck to ANet and GW2. Competition is good for any market really.

    Sometimes updated...

  7. #67
    Elemental Lord Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    8,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Not surprised. I have rarely seen an MMO with as lively as GW2. The game seems extremely popular.
    Lively? What? I tried to play it a few days ago and a majority of the zones are completely empty of people.

    I found that GW2 really didn't interest me, it didn't hook me. Everything felt so pointless, inconsequential and unpersonal. And that "no grind" promise was quite hillariously broken.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You ignoring the point doesn't make it not exist.
    What the fuck is your point, you don't seem to have one. I on the other hand have a legitimate concern that no one seems to have a response to other than "lol play more"

    Mod edit: Be respect.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-08-16 at 06:23 PM.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    What the fuck is your point, you don't seem to have one. I on the other hand have a legitimate concern that no one seems to have a response to other than "lol play more"
    My point is you not having time to play FREE stuff is not Anet problem. They give everyone ample time to do everything 2-4 weeks, they made everything besides gated achievements (which are usually just complete X as a daily so they don't matter) to be completed in less than 24 hours.

    You are complaining that you don't have time to play and that Anet should cater to you.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    My point is you not having time to play FREE stuff is not Anet problem. They give everyone ample time to do everything 2-4 weeks, they made everything besides gated achievements (which are usually just complete X as a daily so they don't matter) to be completed in less than 24 hours.

    You are complaining that you don't have time to play and that Anet should cater to you.
    Yea why can't they just give us a way to Look For Raids and get all the content and loots from facerolling? Who wants to play games we spend money on amirite?

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Biweekly updates isn't enough content for you?
    Not when said updated contain fuck all.

    Oh wait, they added culling. yeah, that was totally worth it.

  12. #72
    Really don´t understand why you would compare it to WOW. Comparing it to Diablo or COD would be more accurate if you are talking about bragging rights on box sales. Every person who bought WOW vanilla did so with the understanding they would also have to pay $15 per month.

    If GW2 had a subscription, it would sell less boxes
    If WOW had no subscription, it would sell more boxes.

    They really shouldn´t compare it to a game with a subscription, but more to games that are BtP

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Lively? What? I tried to play it a few days ago and a majority of the zones are completely empty of people.

    I found that GW2 really didn't interest me, it didn't hook me. Everything felt so pointless, inconsequential and unpersonal. And that "no grind" promise was quite hillariously broken.
    ssshhhht, you're not allowed to criticize GW2. it is the best game ever.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Not when said updated contain fuck all.

    Oh wait, they added culling. yeah, that was totally worth it.
    And 1 raid update every 4 months is better and doesn't segregate community into one type of content how?

    There have been updates that were lacking, but the alternative is what exactly?

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Really don´t understand why you would compare it to WOW. Comparing it to Diablo or COD would be more accurate if you are talking about bragging rights on box sales. Every person who bought WOW vanilla did so with the understanding they would also have to pay $15 per month.

    If GW2 had a subscription, it would sell less boxes
    If WOW had no subscription, it would sell more boxes.

    They really shouldn´t compare it to a game with a subscription, but more to games that are BtP
    Again, it's not the GW2 fans who are comparing it to anything other than "MMOs" - of which there are a large number of, WoW only being one of them. WoW fans just tend to get upset if they see anything that might "threaten" it, so turn a positive into something negative.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  16. #76
    Closing.

    A debate about World of Warcraft is not useful to this forum. That is what this thread has shamefully turned into now. It's over.

    Take up all grievances with the market analysts of the article.

    -- Fencers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •