Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Red face

I hear SOE has a new game Everquest Next coming out soon. I bet they could use a kick ass person like you to help herd cats... I mean manage the community. We can all be your reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar-Trion View Post
    Hey all,

I won't be long - but wanted to say it has been the utmost pleasure getting to spend each day with all of you who make up the RIFT Community. You will be missed & I will fondly remember the time we had together.

Not sure what my future holds at this point, but I'm excited for the possibilities - gaming or beyond! I hold no ill will towards Trion or the folks still working hard to succeed today. The RIFT development team is full of kick-ass individuals who very much share the same passion for the game that I shared with you.

While I've never really used it, I'm going to try out managing my own Twitter account to better stay in touch with those who want to: www.twitter.com/GiantApproved

I'm also musing a Twitch channel, at least with my new-found free time, if I start anything up it would be at www.twitch.tv/elrar

Thanks again everyone & my best wishes to you all
    A higher paying position, I would imagine.

When you consider how many CMs end up being reviled for, real or imagined, slights... You clearly have a way with people. If Trion was the one who initiated this, judging by your wording they did, then they have lost one of their best assets. Just look at how many CM teams swtor went through in a year, replacing a good CM is no easy task.

Good luck (not that I think you will need it)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I'll definitely consider playing wherever Elrar happens to land at.

Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    I'll definitely consider playing wherever Elrar happens to land at.
    I second this :P

You will be missed elrar :/
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Quote Originally Posted by Mals View Post
    I hear SOE has a new game Everquest Next coming out soon. I bet they could use a kick ass person like you to help herd cats... I mean manage the community. We can all be your reference.
    Or Star Citizen. Though its a completely different genre, they seem to value the type of people Elrar is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey all,

I won't be long - but wanted to say it has been the utmost pleasure getting to spend each day with all of you who make up the RIFT Community. You will be missed & I will fondly remember the time we had together.

Not sure what my future holds at this point, but I'm excited for the possibilities - gaming or beyond! I hold no ill will towards Trion or the folks still working hard to succeed today. The RIFT development team is full of kick-ass individuals who very much share the same passion for the game that I shared with you.

While I've never really used it, I'm going to try out managing my own Twitter account to better stay in touch with those who want to: www.twitter.com/GiantApproved

I'm also musing a Twitch channel, at least with my new-found free time, if I start anything up it would be at www.twitch.tv/elrar

Elrar, Towels Livestream will miss you dearly. All those good times, you know what I mean. Thanks for everything

Deleted
    Normally Im just lurking this forums ( for decennia now... ). But made an account, just for posting some goodbye saying in this thread!

It was great to have you, Elrar, as a CM for Rift! Such an iconic person will be missed hard and most likely not be replaced. Hope you find other great opportunities in the future and that you continue to play Rift or ArcheAge!

Many cheers for you!

PS: You deserve to win a lottery or something for all your hard work on managing the community in such a way.

Hi Elrar,

I have a number of grievances with the way you've done things, and how the forum component is handled by the team running it, and I still stand by those. I certainly won't sugar coat that, but I will say that I think you got a pretty raw deal here, so I hope you rebound quickly and find something you enjoy doing.

Kyera

Elrar!

I was saddened to see you no longer with Trion and its been upsetting for a lot of players. You dealt with the community better than almost any community person Ive seen in any MMO Ive played going back to 1997 and its been a pleasure seeing you in game, in livestreams, and all over the forums. I wish I had to chance to see you and say hello when we were both at Gen Con a few years back. Good luck and hopefully another company realizes what you have to offer and appreciates your abilities more than Trion did.

Best wishes Elrar!!

This is sad I hope you do well wherever the winds of fate guide you. I always thought you were pretty funny and you did a hell of a job with the community. I always felt you and everyone went above and beyond during the Extra Life events and when things got bad and had fun with good times. You were a great representative for Rift and I hope you land another position that will appreciate your dedication soon!

Hey all,

Elrar, you won't say it but I will. Trion can go to hell for firing a person like you to save a few bucks. They lost all my respect. You were one of the best CMs in my 10+ years of playing MMOs and you will be missed. I hope a great company picks you up, because you would be a great asset to any team. Best of luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    Elrar is no longer with the company.
    Elrar is no longer
    Elrar
    *snip*

Elrar, wherever you go, wherever you are, wherever you rest your pretty head at night, I will be thinking of you, boo.

Please don't post memes. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-08-18 at 06:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Elrar, you won't say it but I will. Trion can go to hell for firing a person like you to save a few bucks. They lost all my respect. You were one of the best CMs in my 10+ years of playing MMOs and you will be missed. I hope a great company picks you up, because you would be a great asset to any team. Best of luck.
    oh ya Elrar was amazing even people that didn't play Rift loved & respected the guy & you could feel the possitive emotion that came off him & he gave out to everyone.

So Dahanese confirmed he left to become a Associate producer for another game. Not sure why saying that was so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    So Dahanese confirmed he left to become a Associate producer for another game. Not sure why saying that was so hard.
    Oh? Where did she confirm that? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh? Where did she confirm that? >.>
    I think he is mistaken. Myll_Erik, a CM of End of Nations, has moved to be an associate producer.

Sauce: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post4459665

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    I think he is mistaken. Myll_Erik, a CM of End of Nations, has moved to be an associate producer.

Sauce: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post4459665
    Ah, that makes sense. Because Elrar's posts here and on Twitter etc. indicated that he didn't have a new gig lined up yet, so I was super confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Ah, that makes sense. Because Elrar's posts here and on Twitter etc. indicated that he didn't have a new gig lined up yet, so I was super confused.
    Yeah, he has nothing lined up at moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I come here and learn Hartsman is back but Elrar is gone.....WTF?

Deleted
    Hi there, I just made an account here to say my goodbyes.
    I have been playing since the beta, and recently took a break. However I second what everyone said in this thread.
    You are probably the best CM I have ever come across. And I have played almost every MMO out there since Ultima Online.
    Thank you for being who you are You are a gift to any community who is lucky enough to have your working for and with them

I wish you the best in your future

<3 From Denmark