Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SoO 3 Heal/2 Heal Fights

Hey guys was just wondering out of all the bosses does anyone know how many fights you "think" will be 2 healed and how many you think will be 3 healed if you know the answer can you list them down below that would be really helpful!

All can be 2healed and all can be 3 healed.

so just depends on the skill of your healers you think?

PTR tuning has never accurately represented live tuning, so any suggestions you get here are inherently flawed.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on your raid group and skill level. Most likely 2 heals.

always use as little healers and tanks as posible

Quote Originally Posted by Leouch View Post
    always use as little healers and tanks as posible
    dumb statement. ToT for example had VERY forgiving enrage timers. a lot of the fights were simply much easier to learn with 3 healers. sure, you could progress on stuff like jinrokh, council of elders, magaera or iron qon with 2 healers. but three healing them is simply easier. your dps had to be very, very terrible for enrages/soft enrages to come up.

Quote Originally Posted by kaib View Post
    dumb statement. ToT for example had VERY forgiving enrage timers. a lot of the fights were simply much easier to learn with 3 healers. sure, you could progress on stuff like jinrokh, council of elders, magaera or iron qon with 2 healers. but three healing them is simply easier. your dps had to be very, very terrible for enrages/soft enrages to come up.
    Lets see...:
    Jin'rokh the Breaker HC: 2 healers 2 tanks
    Horridon HC:2 healers 2 tanks
    Council of Elders HC:2healers 2tanks
    Tortos HC: 2HEALERS 1 TANK (we always fail when we try 3 heal or 2 tank that boss :<)
    Megaera HC:3healers 1 tank (we fail when we try 2 man tank it:<)
    Ji-Kun HC:2healers 2 tanks
    Durumu the Forgotten HC:2 healers 1 tank(sama as above, more tanks or healers = way harder)
    Primordius HC: 2healers 2 tanks (1 more healer and we can not make it)
    Dark Animus: 2healers 2 tanks... preety standard
    Iron Qon HC:3 healers 1 tank(i agree, 3rd healer help here but you can 2man heal it)
    Twin Consorts HC: 3healers 2 tanks(finaly fight where full setup of 3 tanks and 2 healers make that fight easier)

it really depends on your limitations tbh and the skill of your raid
    Jinrokh was easier to learn for heroic with 3 healers and 2 tanks. Now it can be 1 tanked 1 healed and killed in less than 2 minutes
    Horridon, was a tight dps check and front loaded damage many 2 healed 2 tanked...heroic 10 man raiders are likely 1 healing and 2 tanking it now
    Council, lots of raid damage when kazra is empowered, we 2 healed it for our first kill with 2 tanks, many 3 healed it. Now? 1 Heal 2 tanks
    Tortos HC was possible to 3 heal 1 tank, or usually 2 tank 2 heal, very easily 1 healed now and 1 or 2 tanks.
    Megaera first kill we used 3 healers and 2 tanks for heroic....now? we use 2 healers and 2 tanks ( keep in mind, dropping a healer for a dps creates less time between rampages where the true damage is)
    Jikun, very easily 3 or 2 healed with 2 tanks for a first kill...most people are zerging it now with 1-2 healers and 2 tanks possibly even 1 tank 1 heal, that tank probably has to be a paladin though if solo
    Durumu 2 healers 1 tank for first kill and 1 healer 1 tank now
    Primordius 3 healers 2 tanks for first kill.....most are 2 healing 2 tanking now, possibly solo healing
    Dark Animus is a bit tricky depending if you're zerging or not, 3 tanks 2 healers was standard for proper heroic kills. 2 Healers 1 tank or 2 healers 2 tanks for zerg method
    Iron Qon 1 tank 3 heals for the first kill, and 1 tank 2 heals for farm, could probably easily be 1 tank 1 healed now...not a lot of damage going out anymore
    Twin Consorts we 2 healed 2 tanked for our first heroic kill, killed it in 15 pulls....we still 2 heal 2 tank it, although it is likely solo tanked by many people
    Lei Shen have always 2 healed and 2 tanked this fight for every kill both heroic and normal
    Ra-den 2 heal 1 tank....can easily be 3 healed for safe measure

I'm referring to Heroic Kills for Throne of Thunder, not talking about Normal, unless I mentioned it. It depends on your raid and what you're trying to accomplish/if you care about efficiency and min/maxing etc.

If you plan on 3 healing and 2 tanking every fight though....You're probably going to find yourself hard pressed to full clear heroic for any tier of raiding as a progression guild. Some fights require more healing, some more dps, some tanking, each has its niche.

If you don't care about heroics at all, you'll be fine 3 healing and 2 tanking everything. You'll get the kills, Blizz has already stated and is going to be keeping enrages somewhat friendly for the normal crowd, which makes the 3 heal 2 tank 5 dps comp work all the time

First 10 boss in normal mode should be 2-healable during progression. You might want to 3-heal malkorok if your healing comp isn't suited for this fight and your dps allows you to do so.

Can't tell for the last 4.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leouch View Post
    Lets see...:
    Jin'rokh the Breaker HC: 2 healers 2 tanks
    Horridon HC:2 healers 2 tanks
    Council of Elders HC:2healers 2tanks
    Tortos HC: 2HEALERS 1 TANK (we always fail when we try 3 heal or 2 tank that boss :<)
    Megaera HC:3healers 1 tank (we fail when we try 2 man tank it:<)
    Ji-Kun HC:2healers 2 tanks
    Durumu the Forgotten HC:2 healers 1 tank(sama as above, more tanks or healers = way harder)
    Primordius HC: 2healers 2 tanks (1 more healer and we can not make it)
    Dark Animus: 2healers 2 tanks... preety standard
    Iron Qon HC:3 healers 1 tank(i agree, 3rd healer help here but you can 2man heal it)
    Twin Consorts HC: 3healers 2 tanks(finaly fight where full setup of 3 tanks and 2 healers make that fight easier)

Ok and that's your opinion from your guilds performance.

If your dps didn't suck, you could make the fight easier by 3 healing it and 2 or 3 tanking everything, it just depends where your rosters strengths are.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    Ok and that's your opinion from your guilds performance.

If your dps didn't suck, you could make the fight easier by 3 healing it and 2 or 3 tanking everything, it just depends where your rosters strengths are.
    when his guild 'progressed', they were already running around in ToT gear as they are very far behind the progression curve. so what he said above is pretty pointless. obviously everything is easily 2 healable if healers and tanks have ilvl 530+ instead of 510-515. how they got dps problems while outgearing everything beats me though.

If you can pick your perfect healing team for 5.4 what healer combo will you bring?

From ptr resto shaman and druid looks pretty good, but i think the cd's that disc priests and holy pala bring is to good not to take?

Since we have a good resto shaman, we can either choose a druid or priest and then a hpala...

Quote Originally Posted by Hygeia View Post
    If you can pick your perfect healing team for 5.4 what healer combo will you bring?

From ptr resto shaman and druid looks pretty good, but i think the cd's that disc priests and holy pala bring is to good not to take?

Since we have a good resto shaman, we can either choose a druid or priest and then a hpala...
    No mention of a mistweaver? I am offended sir or madame.

for 10 men, it's probably the same as all of MoP: first you want a disc priest. and after that it does not matter all that much. up to 5.4 you really did not want a shaman, but it sounds/looks like that's fixed now. I still can't imagine you'd want to skip on having a disc priest, if you have the choice.

I assume the guilds that are really min/maxing stuff for early kills will do the healing heavy heroic stuff with disc/disc/x again as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaib View Post
    for 10 men, it's probably the same as all of MoP: first you want a disc priest. and after that it does not matter all that much. up to 5.4 you really did not want a shaman, but it sounds/looks like that's fixed now. I still can't imagine you'd want to skip on having a disc priest, if you have the choice.

I assume the guilds that are really min/maxing stuff for early kills will do the healing heavy heroic stuff with disc/disc/x again as well.
    Yeah, even tho they nerfed disci pretty hard, they are failing to see that atonement and absorb are way better than direct healing during progression. The only fights where this is not the case are the ones with constant/not spiky/unpredictable damage, where disci struggles a bit.... Add fights with dps increase mechanics and you have the disco-mop-success

So you will rather have a disc plus resto shaman and then a holy pala? Even though they say druids are strong? Or replace the holy pala with a druid?

Well they aren't done with ptr testing yet. I don't see druids and especially shamans staying like this before release.

Resto Druids seem like they got some nice buffs on the PTR. My team's healing core (FWIW) has almost always been Disc Priest/Resto Druid/Holy Pally and the only issue tends to be if we want the Druid to go Balance (extra ranged) or have the Holy Pally go Ret (melee, boo) for the 2-heal fights.

Of course, that doesn't say much since we tended to struggle every time we tried to 2-heal, so we ended up 3-healing everything in ToT to not risk wipes.