Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carb View Post
    During the entire build I had all components sit on a wooden table and while I do not have one of those fancy braclet connections, I tied my wrist to a pie of rope connected to the case during the build.
    lol I really hope this was sarcasm...that wouldnt do a thing for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Carb View Post
    During the entire build I had all components sit on a wooden table and while I do not have one of those fancy braclet connections, I tied my wrist to a pie of rope connected to the case during the build.
    The rope would need to be conductive, such as a metal.

I've built various computers (Including the one I'm on) without any self grounds, while standing on carpet on with the pc on a wooden surface (my desk) and haven't had an issue. As long as you aren't shuffling around much you're fine.

I'd suggest starting by testing the PSU and slowly moving your way up from there and see what happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given that there isn't some obvious misconnection... it's likely either

1) Damage from not having the standoffs previously
    2) It's a Corsair CX430, which is known to have a surprisingly high defective rate from what I've seen
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Thanks for all the replies, everyone!

I eventually found out the problem. I had my PSU hooked up to the case fans, but I had done it incorrectly and it had made an incomplete circuit, so electricity would have never flown from the outlet. The computer works now.