Thread: Best top laner?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Properly played riven doesn't have a true counter, not after olaf nerfs atleast.
    Riven vs Olaf was always a skill-lane more than a true counter, if you dodged his axes and used your 3rd application of Q together with stun just as Olaf used W (his lifesteal-steroid)you would come out ahead in almost any trade, shielding E (true dmg nuke) was style-points!

OnT: If you are a strong Riven player you can win against pretty much anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    I would say that Zac is the best right now. In the current state of things there aren't many top laners that can out sustain him, and his damage/cc is very very for how tanky he is. Spirit Visage is a really powerful item for pretty much any laner, but it's particularly effective on Zac because of the way Zac's sustain works.

Shen and jarvan get honorable mentions, but in the current patch I think that Zac is the strongest top laner. That's not to say that he is OP or anything, though I am of the opinion that he is overtuned, but he has everything that a top laner wants, and then some.

My only problem with Zac top is that you are actually very weak until you have backed atleast once, against a bruiser reigning between levels 1-5 (Riven, Jax, Lee etc) you would be at a instant disadvantage. However, Zac brings alot of cc to teamfights and if you play your early-game accordingly it shouldnt be too bad afterall.

Fast edit: I don´t want to sound mean but isnt infact "overtuned" just another way of saying "OP" ?
    Last edited by mmoc6ff6dcef0c; 2013-08-17 at 11:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just tried a few games on Zac... yeah he's very fun and he makes FULL use of my current favourite item in league, Spirit Visage and one of my reigning favourites, Sunfire Cape (is there ANY champion that doesn't look better on fire ), epic sustain and great damage/CC, also, he gets bigger the more health he has..... 6 warmog's + Lulu Ulti = GODZILLA!!!! kinda

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbylabby View Post
    Fast edit: I don´t want to sound mean but isnt infact "overtuned" just another way of saying "OP" ?
    not really, overtuned is "generally okay, but a ttiinnyy bit stronger than the average" for instance Zac is a bit overtuned, due to have good sustain, damage and CC, but he's not broken, it's not like playing Zac toplane is instant win. Yi is Overpowered, due to.... being Yi .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbylabby View Post
    My only problem with Zac top is that you are actually very weak until you have backed atleast once, against a bruiser reigning between levels 1-5 (Riven, Jax, Lee etc) you would be at a instant disadvantage. However, Zac brings alot of cc to teamfights and if you play your early-game accordingly it shouldnt be too bad afterall.

Hmm, I feel like Zac can usually live easily against most aggressive bruisers and farm under his turret a bit, then after the first back take control of the lane. It is certainly hard to say that there is a best top laner as some do things better than others etc.

I would say there is a difference between overtuned and overpowered. To me, Zac is an example of overtuned right now, where release Xin, or beta TF is an example of overpowered. A more relevant example would be s2 deathfires grasp. It became almost a 100% buy on every AP mid, which would imply that it's overpowered rather overtuned. It went from being an item that was bought on pretty much only Veigar and Leblanc to almost a guaranteed buy on every mid laner.

Deleted
    Jax Best in Top Lane

Aatrox ^^

I have had all kinds of scores with him. From the godly 12/0 to the horrible 0/9 ( these are scores before 10th minute mark ). Yet I haven't ever lost top with him. All I do is farm, push, farm, dive, push. Getting turrets down before jungler even comes to the lane, getting double kills 1v2 when he finally arrives. Sometimes I get beaten hard ( Tryndamre Q_Q ) but there are barely any champions that can beat me in a 1v1 fight. It's lovely how most top players start with Cloth Armor when they see I'm top with Aatrox and my E which I max first usually deals magic damage which many people don't know. Even if my score is terrible I'm still more fed than anyone else in the game due to the big amount of CS and jungle mobs kills. I backdoor a lot and roam a lot. I counterjungle after I take first turret.

Aatrox FTW !!!

Best top atm are those:

Singed, Kennen, Jayce, Renekton, Tryndamere, Jax, Riven, Shen.

Some strong ones are

Wukong, Yorick, Rumble

Will be missed ~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    Aatrox ^^

I have had all kinds of scores with him. From the godly 12/0 to the horrible 0/9 ( these are scores before 10th minute mark ). Yet I haven't ever lost top with him. All I do is farm, push, farm, dive, push. Getting turrets down before jungler even comes to the lane, getting double kills 1v2 when he finally arrives. Sometimes I get beaten hard ( Tryndamre Q_Q ) but there are barely any champions that can beat me in a 1v1 fight. It's lovely how most top players start with Cloth Armor when they see I'm top with Aatrox and my E which I max first usually deals magic damage which many people don't know. Even if my score is terrible I'm still more fed than anyone else in the game due to the big amount of CS and jungle mobs kills. I backdoor a lot and roam a lot. I counterjungle after I take first turret.

Aatrox FTW !!!
    E is such a miniscule part of your damage, that the cloth armor is still worth though.

Deleted
    Kennen in terms of teamfight. Tryndamere for early stomp and splitpush. Shen for tankiness, splitpush and global presence. Zac for tanking, Disruption and engaging. Renekton for general early damage, late/mid game tankiness, and general carry annihilation. Irelia for 1v1 dominance. Elise for utility, and for countering other top laners. Rumble for his gamebreaking ult, and Malplhite for his disgusting engage.

To be honest there are tons of good top laners, it just depends on what you wan't to do with it. Splitpush? Tank? Engage? Kill stuff? AoE teamfights?
    If we are to listen to Korea, and the real experts, i think Kennen is at the top, and before the nerf Elise was definitely too, now she is a bit more meh. We still have the regulars like Shen, Riven etc, that can work in many cases.

Just think what you wan't to do in the game and pick after that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Zac, Shen, Tryndamere, Malphite, Rumble and Kennen

Those are really the only champions you should consider playing top right now (if being srs).
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2013-08-21 at 06:18 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.