[8/16 PTR Build] Frost Tweaks (Datamined)

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...TR-Build-17314

- Frostbolt nerfed from [1,728 + 166.1% SP] to [1,562 + 150% SP]
    - Frostbolt healing for a Water Elemental nerfed from/to the above amounts
    - Ice Lance nerfed from [388 + 37.2% SP] to [348 + 33.5% SP]
    - Mastery: Icicles buffed from 14% (1.75% per point) to 16% (2% per point)

Didn't want people to miss this just in case.

Thoughts? Nice to have Icicles being buffed further, but why the nerf to FB and IL? Was Frost really too strong in that regard?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    they run constant tests and check the numbers. they should know and we shall too with the begining of patch. frost might be very intersting for this tier

Build 17314 matches the most recently released offical PTR notes as far as I can tell, so the changes have been discussed extensively in the past few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Eonwenian View Post
    they run constant tests and check the numbers. they should know and we shall too with the begining of patch. frost might be very intersting for this tier
    I fear it'll be another case of "Good at start, sucks at end". They did nothing to address the Haste/Crit caps that we've already pushed. (Mastery change does nothing when it comes to affecting our stat weights)
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    you are 3 day late here. It's note datamined, the patchnote can be found here (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/101...t_14-8_14_2013).

Deleted
    Frostbolt (35000sp)
    ---------------------
    Pre nerf: 59863
    Post nerf: 54062

Ice Lance (35000sp)
    ---------------------
    Pre nerf: 13408
    Post nerf: 12073

I'm still very interested in Frost in 5.4.
    Either that or Arcane, I think I'll give up Fire.

Edit: On the subject of Frost, is this serious?
    Ice Lance damage has been increased by 43%.

Did Ice Lance get a nerf prior, or did they just att 43% damage to it ?
    Is it really a 43% damage increase from what it currently is on live servers?
    Last edited by mmoc1a4d5f9c10; 2013-08-17 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    you are 3 day late here. It's note datamined, the patchnote can be found here (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/101...t_14-8_14_2013).
    I mean, it says "Ice Lance has been increased" because it's talking about overall, plus this could be new on top of what we already know.

All I know is Chaud put it up LAST NIGHT. I'm just the guy who posted it here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzpify View Post
    Ice Lance (35000sp)
    ---------------------
    Pre nerf: 13408
    Post nerf: 12073

I'm still very interested in Frost in 5.4.
    Either that or Arcane, I think I'll give up Fire.
    I'm curious about how this turns into ~200k on live, or how it will turn out on the PTR.

Deleted
    Nearly tested all Bosses with Frost and Arcane on PTR. After the RPPM nerf, Frost lost a huuuuge margin compared to live, but Arcane looks pretty decent (because of it´s insane scaling and decent mastery). I understand this recent Frost changes as an another nerf in connection what I experienced on PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Nearly tested all Bosses with Frost and Arcane on PTR. After the RPPM nerf, Frost lost a huuuuge margin compared to live, but Arcane looks pretty decent (because of it´s insane scaling and decent mastery). I understand this recent Frost changes as an another nerf in connection what I experienced on PTR.
    *Sighs* Why are they nerfing a still-low spec then?

Are they this incompetent/oblivious?

Deleted
    I have no idea to be honest. Maybe they have some further plans for number changes. I think we have to wait for the next patch notes with number changes, to see what Blizzard thinks about current PTR Frost numbers.

There ist still a bug with T16 2p and glyphed Ice Veins and maybe RPPM compensation will be on of the last steps - I hope.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzpify View Post
    Edit: On the subject of Frost, is this serious?
    Ice Lance damage has been increased by 43%.

Did Ice Lance get a nerf prior, or did they just att 43% damage to it ?
    Is it really a 43% damage increase from what it currently is on live servers?
    It's +43% from Live, down from +48%.

- - - Updated - - -

and also, Frostbolt did exactly the same damage than Fireball and Frostfirebolt

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    *Sighs* Why are they nerfing a still-low spec then?

Are they this incompetent/oblivious?
    pvp my friend

Deleted
    Those changes are still not on PTR! Hope to get a chance to test it in flex raids this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    pvp my friend
    They nerfed our Mastery for that reason, and casting Frostbolt in PvP SHOULD be rewarding despite the slow being dispelled almost immediately. Why in the hell is PvP still an issue? We can't burst down someone in a Deep anymore.

Deleted
    OK, great news, it seem that we skip in the last built some spec-bonus to rppm : http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=102246
    Yu'lon cloak [2.42 base rppm + haste] to [2.61] with 2/2 upgrade:
    Arcane - [3.02] [3.26]
    Fire - [2.90][3.13]
    Frost - [2.90] [3.13]

I don't now the reason behind this but I can see it's not to the point of Sinister meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    OK, great news, it seem that we skip in the last built some spec-bonus to rppm : http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=102246
    Yu'lon cloak [2.42 base rppm + haste] to [2.61] with 2/2 upgrade:
    Arcane - [3.02] [3.26]
    Fire - [2.90][3.13]
    Frost - [2.90] [3.13]

I don't now the reason behind this but I can see it's not to the point of Sinister meta.
    I mean... Thanks for the info, Nath, but this would probably fit better in another thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eonwenian View Post
    Doubt it. Weak aoe, weak cleave, bad single target dps. Weak mastery, haste and crit cap problems was not solved. If Blizzard still didnt notice Frost need huge buff, it wont happen - maybe some minor tweaks so Frost wont suck at all.
    I believe 5.4 - is Arcane mage patch.

Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    Doubt it. Weak aoe, weak cleave, bad single target dps. Weak mastery, haste and crit cap problems was not solved. If Blizzard still didnt notice Frost need huge buff, it wont happen - maybe some minor tweaks so Frost wont suck at all.
    Yeah, Arcane finally feels playable to me, especially with the tier bonus' constant arcane missile spam
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    It would be really nice if fucking ONCE in the history of WoW that we can have a single tier where all 3 specs will be competitive (Top and Bottom specs are within a 5% delta) so people can play what they want. Very rarely do we ever get 2 specs that are competitive, but never once all 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Note: "Today's" PTR build is exactly the same as the one chaud posted earlier, so we didn't get nerfed twice, lol.