Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Interrupt success weakaura

I was looking into making a weakaura that would annouce in raid warning whenever a player successfully interrupt a cast and then say who is next or something along those lines. I know there are addons for it, but would rather use weakauras as everyone in my raid group uses it. This really shouldn't be neccessary, but we have some people that tunnel and well yeah, it would be helpful.

I know how to make it say on successful interrupt, but I don't know how to make it say who interrupted, etc. Anyone care to help?

Do you need for Brackenspore mythic?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    I was looking into making a weakaura that would annouce in raid warning whenever a player successfully interrupt a cast and then say who is next or something along those lines. I know there are addons for it, but would rather use weakauras as everyone in my raid group uses it. This really shouldn't be neccessary, but we have some people that tunnel and well yeah, it would be helpful.

I know how to make it say on successful interrupt, but I don't know how to make it say who interrupted, etc. Anyone care to help?
    It's really easy to detect a successful interrupt, you just set custom event, and set the event to 'Interrupt'. One of the args is sourcename, which is retrievable to set as a custom text field. There may also be a %n value for it, but I can't check right now.

Detecting a failed interrupt is harder (they missed the interrupt). You need to actually know the name of the spell and check spell_cast_success events, which I think is called "Cast Success" in the weakaura event dropdown - this is a pain, and I don't think you can do it without writing either one-per-class (if you don't care about doubleups overwriting existing kicks - eg brack) or one-per-player if you do (margok).

Depending on the encounter, you may need either - eg I use 'successful cast' on margok m, because it doesn't matter if they screwed up, you need to know if you are kicking next or not, but on brack, we have me kicking one interrupt, and all the other melee kick the other one, so I only care that one of them got it, not that 3-5 of them were slow (although I kinda care when they start getting too lazy to kick at all).
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2015-01-27 at 01:41 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I knew it was spell_cast_success, just didn't know if there was an easy way to saying who got it. I honestly don't care who got it, just that it got interrupted, but I think it helps promote better play honestly.

Thanks for the post though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    Do you need for Brackenspore mythic?
    I do, if you have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    I do, if you have one.
    Yup, we spread 6 melee, 3 on group 1 and 3 on group 2. Group 1 interrupts Decay #1 #3 #5 #7, Group 2 interrupts #2 #4 #6 #8.
    This aura makes the guys on group 1 /say "G1 Interrupted" when they cut, and the same for group 2.

Code:
    diKRkaGivvgfe6uqKzHk3cPk7cHyyiuogcSmfsptvrmnvfPRPQqzBQkOgNQcvNtvrDpKYbHOwOQcXdrvAIkcxuHyJQkiFuHQtQqzLO4LQkKMjcPBQQk7ec(PQsnueelfvXtHQPIsUksfBvvb6RQkGZIuP5Iuv7vP(luAWYHvYIvvYJrPMScUmWMvj9zfPrJQ60i51iunBv52Qu7gKFdQHdflhsphrtxfxxrTDfrFxvvnEeuNxLy9iiTF6nbBwB87n(WgFyZAJFae(mJc24JbDaOxxSb0h5Hbyis6)balIJ8m6IK(ec8)auKNrxK)bgOw0h5z0fj9rEgD9jFSn(AyG6qbdTEypOutNcqj3S2Nno1WgFmOdafDgZbmSX)NA4WFJabB8dk10Pa0nRn(5cgWgN9m5b(EJZEM8aFJ9CbdyJdMeaD24SNjpW3y5tna24hQBWWgFygDDOGH24JUXbtcGoKBCE)(VpcYSWs0Vhh7iFWrqGfw6GWhAmIYAeEgzIno7zYd8ncRBWgNE0Bca71fBmOdafDgZXqHpRdfmK91f7JcUqIb8E0dzcfD9GHiYgN9m5b(EJFDgI9HcgYqelNHLZoWehaXzhQBaN9pFySKauQ1JZ(NpmwO1nGZ(Npm2RV1usodlNTEtcJLeGsTEC26njmwO1nGZwVjHXE9TMsYzy5msmG3JAGZiXaEpO1nGZiXaEVZfmaodq4d6chd49gBcodq4d6chd49qyDd4maHpOlC28HHFijJzMjJzM9GzVE2aG96cwsmG3dl1GrZi4dtmIrWNiJzMrp6zMzpy2RNnayVUGLed49Wsny0mc(0p(Nh9ZYyMzYyMzuxr8atCaKrJM9dNqgHOef7yiWAeE4HoecRF2cAWae(GUWXaEVXMWOrZgaSxxWsIb8EyPgqYo8bqYyMzMzMmMzMzM9GzVE29LXrHNXiJzMzMzpy2RNDFbH1nWOz0bI6GW6gyi(dZBDbG(djzmZmZm7kmQrz0mc4SrjMnalJzMzMzMz2dM96zqRBaNHUGioNro)1uu4zmC2dmj4XzSFlsso7k1dGW6gWzYyMzMzMzMrOWqaodg6rbb4mkYjaRbodf(b4mkY)iQrZghC4zrnWdm5bGog0vyePqsgZmZmZmZmzmZmZmZmZOUAiEFbH1nWOrZGw3aKSdFaKmMzMzMzMzMz29LXrHNXy0mY5VMIcpJrgZmZmZmZmZm7luWI4YyMzMzMzMbGgKXmZmZma0GmMzMzMjJzMzMzxHrnkJMraNnkXSbyzmZmZmZmZEWSxpdADd4m0feX5mY5VMIcpJHZEGjbpoJ9BrsYzxPEaew3aotgZmZmZmZmcfgcWzWqpkiaNrrobynWzOWpaNrr(hrnA24GdplQbEGjpa0XGUcJifsYyMzMzMzMjJzMzMzMzg1vdrO1nWOrZ(NpmwO1naj7WhajJzMzMzMzMzMrD1qKC(RPOWZymA0mcqYo8bqYyMzMzMzMzMzMzg1vdX7lJJcpJXOrZiaj7WhajJzMzMzMzMzMzMzMzgoaAGx(RZFasY1uGH4VXjW49BEy9nDSjgHxKP7pUF4it3FijJzMzMzMzMzMzMzaObzmZmZmZmZmZmZmtgZmZmZmZmZmd8ibuxnejN)Akk8mgJgnBuKSdFaKmMzMzMzMzMzMzMrD1q8(Y4OWZymA0SrrYo8bqYyMzMzMzMzMzMzMzMHdGg4L)68hGKCnfyi(B8rnE)MhwFthBIr4fz6(J7hoY09hsYyMzMzMzMzMzMzgaAqgZmZmZmZmZmZmZKXmZmZmZmZmZapsGmMzMzMzMzMzMzMHdGg4L)68hGKCnfyi(pFySqRBGreIy)mE)MhwFthBIr4fz6(J7hoY09hsYyMzMzMzMzMzaObzmZmZmZmZmZmzmZmZmZmZmZmuWzgfYoOZazmZmZmZmZmZmzmZmZmZmZaqdYyMzMzgaAqgZmdaniJzMjJzMjdaAyF24qZ3SqPMofGsUrGGnoFa1u(NnceSXFWRHnRnok8dSzTXVNFhQnR9zF24ZKaSqGjbO7V24N1daD2S243ZVd1M1(SpBC0fBWM1g)E(DO2S2N9zF24OGPuWqSUGbSXpacFMrb7ZgNCJpkrigr(mr(8gFYnce8PJsS9zVba

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like that Tercio, but it's just a generic G1 and G2, how would I make it say the actual person's name who interrupted decay? I'm the raid leader so would like to have it announced in raid warn who got it, etc.

I like that Tercio, but it's just a generic G1 and G2, how would I make it say the actual person's name who interrupted decay? I'm the raid leader so would like to have it announced in raid warn who got it, etc.
    Just announce on /rw is simple, the code is this:

Code:
    function (_, _, token, time, who_serial, who_name, who_flags, _, alvo_serial, alvo_name, alvo_flags, _, spellid, spellname, spelltype, extraSpellID, extraSpellName, extraSchool)
        local decay_spell_id = 160013
        if(token == "SPELL_INTERRUPT" and extraSpellID == decay_spell_id) then
            SendChatMessage ("Decay Interrupted by: " .. who_name, "RAID_WARNING")
        end
    end

If you want create an interrupt sequence, would be:

Code:
    function (_, _, token, time, who_serial, who_name, who_flags, _, alvo_serial, alvo_name, alvo_flags, _, spellid, spellname, spelltype, extraSpellID, extraSpellName, extraSchool)

local decay_spell_id = 160013

if(token == "SPELL_INTERRUPT" and extraSpellID == decay_spell_id) then

local next_player = "UNKNOWN"

if (who_name == "PlayerName1") then
                next_player = "PlayerName2"
            elseif (who_name == "PlayerName2") then
                next_player = "PlayerName3"
            elseif (who_name == "PlayerName3") then
                next_player = "PlayerName1"
            end

SendChatMessage ("Decay Interrupted by: " .. who_name .. " NEXT: " .. next_player, "RAID_WARNING")
        end
    end

Deleted
    very interesting thanks for this

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually nevermind, just using the group 1 and 2 interrupts.

For your aura though Terico, do the interrupters have to be in group 1 and 2 in raid frames or what?
    Last edited by Bryce; 2015-01-27 at 11:31 PM.

Actually nevermind, just using the group 1 and 2 interrupts.

For your aura though Terico, do the interrupters have to be in group 1 and 2 in raid frames or what?
    Yes, need to be in group 1 and 2 in the raid frame.

edit: the melees inside these groups are whom need to be using the aura.
    Last edited by Tercio; 2015-01-27 at 11:54 PM.

Deleted
    thanks alot !