Deleted

Dark souls need help (SPOILERS)

So I just rang the second bell and I was going to start New Londo Ruins but when I went to Fireshrine the firekeeper lady was dead! The fireplace there is the closest to the ruins, and after dying once I don't feel like walking all the way there from Blighttown all the time. Am I screwed? Do I just have to live with it until I'm done?

This is my first playthrough btw.

Deleted
    Do Anor Londo first to get the warp ability. You can warp to Firelink Shrine even if it doesn't work. If you killed Lautrec after you saved him you can save the firekeeper AND you get that ring from him.

You can get the Shrine's Firekeeper Soul back by finding and killing Lautrec.

You need to use a certain item that you picked up from the Firekeeper's corpse in a certain place.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Deleted
    Yeah it's the golden knight who kills her. Worst case scenario you could use the fireplace near the church bell/blacksmith and use the lift shortcut in the church, it's still an extra 30 seconds or so though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by timehascomeandsohaveI View Post
    Do Anor Londo first to get the warp ability. You can warp to Firelink Shrine even if it doesn't work. If you killed Lautrec after you saved him you can save the firekeeper AND you get that ring from him.
    Where is Anor Londo? Is it the big gate that opened outside the blacksmith guy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Yeah it's the golden knight who kills her. Worst case scenario you could use the fireplace near the church bell/blacksmith and use the lift shortcut in the church, it's still an extra 30 seconds or so though.
    That's a good idea actually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 2euphoric4me View Post
    That's the way to Anor Londo, yes. New Londo Ruins are too frustrating to do this early in the game anyway, and you can't do the zone boss unless you killed Sif already.

10+ Year Old Account
    After ringing the second bell Sen's Fortress opens up and you need to complete that place to get to Anor Londo. Then going through there you need to use the black eye orb to invade Lautrec and kill him to restore the Firelink keeper. To do this you need to get into the main hall of Anor Londo before the boss fight. You'll know when you get there because it'll alert you that your black eye orb can be used.

Use the Bonfire near Andre for now, go through Sen's Fortress (The place the giant opened) and clear Anor Londo.
    I won't spoil but you can get the Firekeepers Soul back by doing a cool quest.

Anor Londo's boss(es) are usually pretty difficult for newcomers but you can grind quite well on the Silver Knights before them if you want to do so.

Havel's Set is also obtainable in Anor Londo and it's a pretty huge help (or crutch if you wanna call it that) for players who have the strenght to use it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 2euphoric4me View Post
    that's the path, just be sure you picked up the item where the firekeeper was (crackled black eye or something, i cant remember)

Deleted
    Nice thanks guys, much appreciated!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanesca View Post
    After ringing the second bell Sen's Fortress opens up and you need to complete that place to get to Anor Londo. Then going through there you need to use the black eye orb to invade Lautrec and kill him to restore the Firelink keeper. To do this you need to get into the main hall of Anor Londo before the boss fight. You'll know when you get there because it'll alert you that your black eye orb can be used.
    I didn't know you could restore the keeper. I would just eat her soul to get that +1 for Estus Flask.

For future reference, please use the Megathread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1130467

If you're worried about spoilers, use [spoiler][/spoiler] tags.