Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    Crit damage pretty much also benefits fire mage / druid / ele the most.
    Ele doesn't gem and reforge crit, we do, and with the change to ele's mastery it's pretty safe to say it would be far better for balance than them. Best classes probably spriest, balance, and mage

Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    Ele doesn't gem and reforge crit, we do, and with the change to ele's mastery it's pretty safe to say it would be far better for balance than them. Best classes probably spriest, balance, and mage
    Ele and Fire mage have 50% more crit damage so thats why its equally as good if not slightly better for them, but pretty sure balance gains alot more out of the proc than say an ele.

Dps owl is better than an ele anyway, so bigger raid gain is probably an owl.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    Ele and Fire mage have 50% more crit damage so thats why its equally as good if not slightly better for them, but pretty sure balance gains alot more out of the proc than say an ele.
    No, only Elemental has that. Fire mage has increased crit chance, not damage.

Deleted
    How can you say you trust such an obviously stupid RL?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    We killed immerseus and 2 trinkets dropped (25m). Our raid leader/gm said he'd be giving it to warlocks and shadow priests first cause they use haste/mastery more so than boomkins. Sparkuggz did the math, and its not nearly as bis for them. Thats not the arguement though. Im wondering why boomkins would be last on the priority list simply cause of a few things: crit damage. Crit is one of our best stats. While the trinket doesnt increase crit, it increases crit damage, and it would make the value incredibly high. Mastery is also equal to crit in stat value. This goes up 8%. Haste is increased by 8%, thus lowering the amount of haste we need to hit the breakpoint. We also get 8% more spirit, lowering the amount of hit we need, allowing us to allocate stats into other ones, increasing their value.

Dont take this the wrong way. I trust my raid leaders judgement, and will stand by him. But i just dont see it as a good arguement. I dont want to bring this up and get shit on for it, i want to know if anyones done the math to see where the trinket sits for each class. I can tell the value for mine, but not anyone elses (except warlocks cause sparkuggz did a comparison.) Didnt know if this was the right place. But it seemed the most logical.
    All I can tell you is that the Amp trinket is about as strong as the multistrike trinket (as per this post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post22152247), but also the amplification part of the trinket is worth around the same as the int proc on it. It's strong, but I can't tell you its relative strength compared to what other classes get from it. We have great synergy with the crit damage amplification, and the spirit/haste amplification helps to give us a bit more crit and a lot more mastery.

Since the amp trinket isn't miles ahead of every other trinket in SoO, we can't claim that it's absolutely amazing for boomkins -- the fact is that it's strong, and about as strong as the multistrike one. With two trinkets being pretty much the same in DPS it's more likely that they're really good but not a deciding factor in our DPS, as compared to Warlocks and UVLS. So if another class were to claim the amp trinket is by far their BiS trinket without comparison, I'd say it's likely the trinket is better for them than us. But without those claims, I don't think your RL can make the assertion that Boomkins are last on the priority list.
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2013-09-24 at 12:58 PM.

If anything the Amp trinket should go to Ele Shamans first. It's worth about 40k DPS for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    If anything the Amp trinket should go to Ele Shamans first. It's worth about 40k DPS for them.
    Not to mention Ele Shamans also consider the healer Amp trinket one of their better choices as well. While the proc part of the trinket may be fairly even across multiple specs, the amplification part obviously isn't.

Deleted
    So I got the Frenzied Crystal of Rage tonight and I am thinking about what encounters it would be useful to use it on.

The Fallen Protectors springs to mind immediately.

Are there any others?

Galakras - it would definitely help on adds but be useless when boss lands. I guess since we spend most time killing adds, it'd be a dps increase overall

It would help with adds and breaking mind control during Garrosh but then there are also times where you face Garrosh alone or fight a single add so not sure whether it would be a dps increase overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutheru View Post
    So I got the Frenzied Crystal of Rage tonight and I am thinking about what encounters it would be useful to use it on.

The Fallen Protectors springs to mind immediately.

Are there any others?

Galakras - it would definitely help on adds but be useless when boss lands. I guess since we spend most time killing adds, it'd be a dps increase overall

It would help with adds and breaking mind control during Garrosh but then there are also times where you face Garrosh alone or fight a single add so not sure whether it would be a dps increase overall.
    Definitely Fallen Protectors, without question. Galakras would also be a good contender for the trinket -- there's more than 3 targets available for the majority of the fight, and I believe the break-even point is 2.5 targets on average. Spoils could also be good, but only if you get a lot of the Quilen boxes and your tanks clump multiple boxes together of other adds. Siegecrafter might be good on heroic too (mines). Klaxxi would be just as good as Fallen Protectors, but the additional DPS would just be bloat and not contributory. Garrosh is most likely no, but could be possible if your group doesn't have high AoE (adds last longer).

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it looks like SimCraft was updated and they partly fixed DoC modelling -- the buff is now applied, but not consumed upon entering an eclipse. So we still don't have SimCraft to help with DoC vs. HotW and such, unfortunately. Might have more of an answer in the next revision, but as time goes on this need for modelling becomes less and less important.

Deleted
    I got that trinket this week too. Thought I would give it a try since I have normal trinkets of ToT still after clearing weeks of heroic... (thanks blizz )
    Anyways I tried it out on Spoils, and well, it's pretty bad.. Did less damage than multistrike of the Flex Toxic totem 2/2. Maybe it was because adds where dieing too fast or not up long enough, will give it a try on protectors to see but not sure that trinket is usefull at all for anyone :/

Deleted
    With the Bindings trinket, do we have a new Haste breakpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    With the Bindings trinket, do we have a new Haste breakpoint?
    It's like asking if there is a new haste breakpoint if we use Breath of the Hydra. You actually get even more haste from Hydra than the amp trinket.

The 6-10% of the stat amp from the trinket doesn't really change anything regarding stats. So just continue doing what you've been doing already.

Coined my H WF Amp trinket. Bow down to your moonkin overlords.

Askmrrobot works with the amp trinket btw, so just set your breakpoint to 10289, manually lower mastery to around 3.1 and you'll be good to go.

And to add, there's not going to be a "new breakpoint". We're gcd capped. Haste goes significantly down from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fountaiin View Post
    Askmrrobot works with the amp trinket btw, so just set your breakpoint to 10296, manually lower mastery to around 3.1 and you'll be good to go.
    GCD breakpoint is 10296, not 10289.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    It's like asking if there is a new haste breakpoint if we use Breath of the Hydra. You actually get even more haste from Hydra than the amp trinket.

The 6-10% of the stat amp from the trinket doesn't really change anything regarding stats. So just continue doing what you've been doing already.
    What are you guys talking about? I like saying Moonkin Aura has no effect on the amount of haste we aim for.

If you have Normal 2/2 Bindings the 10296 cap becomes 9574 (2min in WC to find out). They are the SAME breakpoint/cap but it's lower haste you wanna aim for.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering if someone had made a set up with hit cap. Personally, I am not a fan of being under hit cap as balance even if on paper it looks like more dps. Missing that 1 cast before eclipse hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    What are you guys talking about? I like saying Moonkin Aura has no effect on the amount of haste we aim for.

If you have Normal 2/2 Bindings the 10296 cap becomes 9574 (2min in WC to find out). They are the SAME breakpoint/cap but it's lower haste you wanna aim for.
    How does it change anything if you need less rating from gear to achieve the same breakpoint, if a) your character sheet takes the amp in account already and b) reforge lite takes it in account already. You literally don't need to care about it at all. Hence my reference to Breath, which has a passive haste stat as you need to react to that just in the same way as you would to the amp trinket, regarding haste breakpoints.

quikbunny was obviously asking for the new value he should reforge to, not for the next above 10296. Maybe he does reforging on paper/head/desk/sand...who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    I was wondering if someone had made a set up with hit cap. Personally, I am not a fan of being under hit cap as balance even if on paper it looks like more dps. Missing that 1 cast before eclipse hurts.
    If you really wanted hit cap, it's easily attained by swapping a crit gem for crit/spr.

If you insist on manually entering a haste / hit breakpoint into reforgelite rather than using askmrrobot...

Cmode/Proving - 463 - 3.0267
    528- 5.5462 (LFR)
    536 - 5.9754 (LFR 2/2)
    540 - 6.2023 (Flex)
    548 - 6.6823 (Flex 2/2)
    553 - 7.0009 (Norm)
    561 - 7.5427 (Norm 2/2)
    559 - 7.4035 (Warforged)
    567 - 7.9764 (Warforged 2/2)
    566 - 7.9024 (Heroic)
    574 - 8.5140 (Heroic 2/2)
    572 - 8.3568 (H-WF)
    580 - 9.0035 (H-WF 2/2)

Select which Ilvl of the trinket and find the corresponding %, and subtract that % from 1. So for example, assuming you have the heroic warforged version you would do 1 - 0.090035 which gives you 0.909965. Then multiply that number by the haste or hit breakpoint you wish to hit. So once again us ing the H-WF version and searching for the 10296 gcd cap you would do 0.909965*10296 which gives you 9368.99964, or 9369. The number that you get from that should be the number you input on reforgelite. Hopefully my math is correct :P