Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviled View Post
    If you consider NV strongest at 3.00 kill time, surely it would also be stronger at 3.30. 3rd use stacking up with CDs + pot is very strong. Why would you think NV lose value if you add another 30 seconds of NV uptime? Seems odd.
    Who said NV was strongest at 3:00 kill time? It's strongest at ~2:30 because the second use lines up with Bindings + Potion. If you want to use it a 3rd time at 3:00 then you can't delay the 2nd use to use it with Bindings and as I said before the opening burst makes up a smaller portion of the kill time which effects the overall DPS a lot. NV is probably better than HotW at 3:30 but not by a large margin like it is at 2:30.

Another problem arises that if you take NV expecting a 3:30 kill then suddenly you kill it in 3:00 because of extra upgrades since previous week or whatever then you just lost damage. I'd really only take NV if I knew I was going to be getting those ~2:30 kill times.

Deleted
    "If you consider NV strongest talent at 3.00 kill time,"
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Deleted
    3:30 is a better duration for NV than 3:00 (unless you don't use INC and is insanely lucky with procs on pull, and unlucky on 2nd and 3rd NV). 2:30 is better than both (assuming you get the full benefit of both Binding procs before the fight ends).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's not that NV loses value, it's that the others gain it. NV is better at 3:30 than at 3:00, but the others are stronger than NV at that point.
    12% damage increase >>>> 6% intellect. Hotw does not gain more during those 30 seconds.
    I am not sure that NV is strongest talent at 3:00 kill time, but if it is, then it is definitely also stronger at 3:30.

3 minutes is a horrible fight length for any combination, 3:30 is better because of a second usage of Incarn/CA and 2:30 is best because it's A) Extremely Short, and B) You get a second usage of NV + Post pot tied with Bindings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviled View Post
    12% damage increase
    That assumes a constant amount of damage over the period, which is not the case for most rotations. Talent choices must be weighted with damage fluctuations over a fight in mind.

Note that I'm not advocating either talent, more the method of analysis for talents. Linearity is great for simplification, but often isn't accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Druidboii View Post
    3 minutes is a horrible fight length for any combination, 3:30 is better because of a second usage of Incarn/CA and 2:30 is best because it's A) Extremely Short, and B) You get a second usage of NV + Post pot tied with Bindings.
    The difference between 3:00 and 3:30 is minimal. The second use of CDs may lift your DPS up 2 or 3k because of how significant your opening burst is.

So, I have heroic Bindings + Toxic totem trinkets and I rolled a HCWF BBoY on Sunday, would it be better than KTT if I upgraded it 4/4 due to increased ilvl?

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Moomu/advanced

(Worst luck EU with Warforged as you can see..)
    Last edited by Brael; 2014-07-09 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    So, I have heroic Bindings + Toxic totem trinkets and I rolled a HCWF BBoY on Sunday, would it be better than KTT if I upgraded it 4/4 due to increased ilvl?

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Moomu/advanced

(Worst luck EU with Warforged as you can see..)
    It should be better than KTT on a stand still fight. However, you'd have to test them both to see. BBoY is only as good as you make it, if you utilize it's proc sub-optimally you'll do less DPS than you did with your KTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Druidboii View Post
    It should be better than KTT on a stand still fight. However, you'd have to test them both to see. BBoY is only as good as you make it, if you utilize it's proc sub-optimally you'll do less DPS than you did with your KTT.
    BBoY is a pretty bad trinket for Moonkins. 582 Toxic totem is much better than 588 BBoY. I also have no idea how you think it's better for low movement. If anything BBoY would have an increased value from movement due to the extra secondary stats it gives.

Alright well thanks for the replies, if I have the spare VP over the course of the next few weeks I'll upgrade it and test it out I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    BBoY is a pretty bad trinket for Moonkins. 582 Toxic totem is much better than 588 BBoY. I also have no idea how you think it's better for low movement. If anything BBoY would have an increased value from movement due to the extra secondary stats it gives.
    Results vary I guess, I've had similar success with both BBoY and KTT. It seems all it really comes down to is how many times they proc.

Deleted
    What's the BiS list for 5.4.8? If there is any, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakesh View Post
    What's the BiS list for 5.4.8? If there is any, that is.
    http://imgur.com/wN0euXT

^ Is what I'm using. You can trade out the Jug ring for the Malk one, and switch around some gems/reforges to squeeze out a bit more mastery at expense of a bit more crit. Or change the Spirit -> Crit on the Jug ring to Spirit -> Mastery. Depends on your preference.

15+ Year Old Account
    A little tip for 6.0. You want to grab some rings and necks without spirit. In beta it just goes gray and makes spirit necks and rings 1 secondary stat item. Spirit on other items is converted. Don't know about weapon as I have one with hit. Can't remember if they are supposed to have healer specific versions in WoD as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    A little tip for 6.0. You want to grab some rings and necks without spirit. In beta it just goes gray and makes spirit necks and rings 1 secondary stat item. Spirit on other items is converted. Don't know about weapon as I have one with hit. Can't remember if they are supposed to have healer specific versions in WoD as well.
    I have the hit/haste neck, and ring as they are the better stats for WOD. That being said leveling on beta with my copied char, I'm vary rarely hard casting so haste loses almost all of its value.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    I have the hit/haste neck, and ring as they are the better stats for WOD. That being said leveling on beta with my copied char, I'm vary rarely hard casting so haste loses almost all of its value.
    Haste loses alot of its value due to starfall being so good for leveling.

Personally I'm going with full mastery stack for leveling.

I've leveled with all three of my Boomkins on Beta (each one haste/mastery/crit stacking) and mastery seems to be the fastest. (Probably due to Starfall 2 shotting everything in 40 yrds)

Pretty much. While other classes in my guild slave away rerunning the same 3 dungeons to level cap I'll just lololol my way through the zones spamming starfall. Don't really see any classes outleveling us at launch assuming numbers don't change.

Yea.. as much as i hate starfall hitting non-combat mobs baseline, it's really amazing for leveling. Definitely something to keep on cooldown!