Poll: What raid system do you prefer?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What raid system do you prefer?

Raiders what raid system would you prefer?

POLL

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the 'other' option?

10+ Year Old Account
    I preferred Ulduar. One mode, one lockout with the ability to change the mehcanics of the fight if you so wished in order to increase difficulty as well as better loot.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I preferred Ulduar. One mode, one lockout with the ability to change the mehcanics of the fight if you so wished in order to increase difficulty as well as better loot.
    That.
    I never felt the desire to replay the same shit 4 times with different difficulties in any game.

Deleted
    I would have to say either Ulduar or ICC (without the buffs). Ulduar was simple, yet amazing, 10/25 man, one difficulty, with the option to do bosses in HM for better loot. ICC was great to have the easier 10 mans and harder 25 mans, it was fun gearing up alts, pugging, you met a lot of people, made a lot of friends etc.

I would have to say Ulduar model for the actual raid content, but ICC model for the overall, since the ICC model was better for the community and for alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    have to agree with this

OP: Almost your entire post history is filled with whining about casuals and LFR, and apparently you quit months ago. It's fairly obvious to see where this thread is going.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryopathy View Post
    OP: Almost your entire post history is filled with whining about casuals and LFR, and apparently you quit months ago. It's fairly obvious to see where this thread is going.
    It is a poll ^^ This thread is not going anywhere other then gathering multiple peoples opinion

None of the above? I'd prefer one difficulty with SOME fights having Ulduar-style "Do X differently to get a harder fight w/better loot", but not the current model of having heroic be a copy of normal with upped everything.

And I can't believe people actually voted for "Flex Only". The tuning and balancing to make flex challenging and fair to all group sizes would be impossible.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-08-18 at 12:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

The ICC Model. Able to run both difficulties, 10 being easier which allowed for more pugging (the best pugging has EVER been IMO). Made content still difficult in 25, and relatively difficult in 10's still but easier than 25. It also allowed the community to thrive through pugging and getting to know people. Was a good system even if it led to "burnout" of the people who felt forced to run both. As we've seen since ICC there will always be some content they feel compelled to do outside of their preferred raid mode, doesn't matter if it's extra 10 mans, extra dailies, grinding mobs, etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    So everyone that hates LFR is a douchebag? Thanks.

And I can't believe people actually voted for "Flex Only". The tuning and balancing to make flex challenging and fair to all group sizes would be impossible.
    No, that dude is just a bitter little man.

The way it is now, with LFR, is just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fine like it is.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

LFR is here to stay regardless of what the wannabe elitists thinks about it. Hint it doesnt take away any apps from your wannabe hardcore server first guild that is struggling to get to 3/13 HC it has ZERO impact on your lack of progression.

Going forward, probably the removal of LFR, normal & heroic, all of them supplanted with a flex mode system and activated hard modes like Ulduar had. I'm not sure why the boss related achievements (such as killing Horridon without killing any Dinomancers) cannot be the "hard mode." Hard mode would feature drops similar to Ulduar as well (special items with a slightly higher ilevel).

This would probably solve most of the current raid problems too (immersion, burn-out, lack of gear prestige because everything looks the same, return of a Wrath-style catch-up mechanism, JP having value again, et cetera). Seriously... screw LFR. It's not raiding. It's AFK-mode to your welfare epics and Blizzard sponsored coercion of normal raiders to babysit terribads through the content for minor upgrades because they always set the LFR ilevel ever-so-slightly above prior-tier normal.

One mode of raiding.
    Old raids still to be relevant so therefore have attunements of some sort.

i think the ICC way was the way to do it. instead of having ezmode LFR to "see content" aka get free gear solo instead of raiding with your guild...you had ICC, where you had to raid with your guild/friends every week, and over time buffs were added to insure you could see all the content.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    i miss the old system 10/25 different lockouts and loots it motivated more people to join 25's now no one does 25 mans anymore just 10 man raids.

I think having LFR is important. It opens the door for everyone to try raiding, even if it sucks as the normal/heroic raiders carry through for gear upgrades. That is their/our choice!

But I miss the ICC times of pugging the 10man on alts, meeting new people, and having the separate lockouts of 10 and 25man. It was a great time for my guild in particular, because we ran the 25man as a whole guild and then cut down into 10mans for harder progression, etc. These days its all or bust on 10man, because its our only choice, and we end up leaving people behind because there is an extra one or 2. Which is where I think Flexi raiding is excellent! I'm a bit sad that its been put on a similar tier as LFR with the invisible rolls, etc. But... its almost a step in the right direction.

As for hardmodes/heroic modes. Toggling a switch to make the bosses hit harder and get new abilities is boring, but being in a guild that has never had much chance at heroic modes potentially makes me a bit sour about it. I prefer the Ulduar hardmode type things - which we got to try a few of. But either way, I'm up for either.

Clearly I just want everything!
    Gotta get more of that hastery! And where's my morelock! - Some drunk guy