Poll: What raid system do you prefer?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I preferred Ulduar. One mode, one lockout with the ability to change the mehcanics of the fight if you so wished in order to increase difficulty as well as better loot.
    I love the "Mechanics make the hardmode" approach more than switching... Does it make much of an effective difference? No, boss still gets more health/abilities/damage...but it FEELS better.

As a side note, the most hated change in the game, for me, is 10 and 25 raids being locked together ;-;

LFR is nice to have though, for both people who are newer and want to see 'older' content, and for people who don't have time to sit down and raid consistantly.
    Last edited by seam; 2013-08-18 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I preferred Ulduar. One mode, one lockout with the ability to change the mehcanics of the fight if you so wished in order to increase difficulty as well as better loot.
    While I agree with this, I also agree with their reasons for not doing it after Ulduar (that the ways to offer hard modes would get to a contrived level, and after a while would get to be just as boring as changing the setting to heroic)

So, option 1 is for normal people. Option 2 is for douchebag elitists. Option 3 and option 5 don't even make sense. And option 4 is for douchebag scrubs.

I'm a little confused as to the point. If you vote option 2 or 4 you're just an asshole for wanting to remove completely optional tiers. Options 3 and 5 really don't make sense, option 5 seems exactly like option 2, and what is tiered? All the raids are tiered.

Deleted
    Interesting that people say what they like but suddenly someone jumps in to say something in line of "LFR IS HERE TO STAY FUCKING ELITIST RETARDS."

Yeeee.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    Interesting that people say what they like but suddenly someone jumps in to say something in line of "LFR IS HERE TO STAY FUCKING ELITIST RETARDS."

Yeeee.

Welcome to forums~ \o/

But yeah. Some people don't reeeally look at the discussion at hand.

OT; I wonder if it woulda been possible for them to do a mix of mechanic induced hardmodes with the switch hardmodes? I want to dream, but as I think about it it's like... It's be kinda intuitive I feel. Sadface.

I am suprised that the highest pick has been:

Current model of regular / heroic but no LFR

The LFR supporters make a lot of noise, well not noise I guess, more vocal on it. A majority would like to see it go. That surprised me and made me feel better about you *snip* at the same time.

Let's not be calling names. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-08-18 at 07:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was 32 votes to 27. I wouldn't really call that a majority by any means...

Poll options are a bit... well, they're not very good.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    It was 32 votes to 27. I wouldn't really call that a majority by any means...
    I would call that a majority, considering that all flex raiding and tiered raiding also means no LFR. That is 32% vs 68% currently.

68%>32%, which would make it a majority.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I would call that a majority, considering that all flex raiding and tiered raiding also means no LFR. That is 32% vs 68% currently.

68%>32%, which would make it a majority.
    ...of 91 votes.

That's such a small size that it can't really be recognized. You could leave for 30 minutes and it could massively swing the other way with that small of an amount.

Not to mention that all flex raiding doesn't mean no LFR, same with tiered... LFR could be adapted to them easily. Hell, LFR is already tiered. The way the answers are posted even leans toward it having LFR, since one option specifically states "No LFR", while the others don't.

So going by that logic 61.8%>36.9% for LFR?
    Last edited by seam; 2013-08-18 at 03:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    ...of 91 votes.

That's such a small size that it can't really be recognized. You could leave for 30 minutes and it could massively swing the other way with that small of an amount.

Not to mention that all flex raiding doesn't mean no LFR, same with tiered... LFR could be adapted to them easily. Hell, LFR is already tiered.
    Oh, I am not arguing that the sample size is low, just saying that your statement that it is "hardly a majority" is flawed.

all flex raiding means, all flex raiding. While tiered does not directly state no LFR, LFR would never work in a tiered system, for the same reason heroic would never work in a tiered system either. A tiered system is kinda built on one difficulty.

As you say, the sample is way to low, but clearly from the poll we have so far, a clear majority can be seen, as well as the most popular option.

Another is that the options are just way to few aswell.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-08-18 at 04:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raids with the attunement style of BC, Ulduar style hard modes, and the 10/25m system we have now with the same gear for both. LFR gear needs to be a little bit lower ilevel, with a negligible increase of ilevel from one tier's normal mode gear to the next tier's LFR gear. Maybe 2~5 ilevels? T14 normal gear should still be relevant during T15 if you have yet to progress through T15 normal, not replaced so readily by LFR gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I am suprised that the highest pick has been:

Current model of regular / heroic but no LFR

The LFR supporters make a lot of noise, well not noise I guess, more vocal on it. A majority would like to see it go. That surprised me and made me feel better about you rat bastards at the same time.
    This is a forum, so by definition is a more hardcore sampling of the playerbase than average. Most of the people who hate LFR are hardcore, and most of the people who are in favor of it are super casuals, thus don't even view forums.

I personally like LFR as an idea, it's just the players that make me dread doing it so much. Some of those people shouldn't even be allowed behind a keyboard, much less allowed into a raid situation to interact with other people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Oh, I am not arguing that the sample size is low, just saying that your statement that it is "hardly a majority" is flawed.

all flex raiding means, all flex raiding. While tiered does not directly state no LFR, LFR would never work in a tiered system, for the same reason heroic would never work in a tiered system either. A tiered system is kinda built on one difficulty.

As you say, the sample is way to low, but clearly from the poll we have so far, a clear majority can be seen, as well as the most popular option.
    It was perhaps flawed, you're right. I have troubles with wording sometimes :P

But flex raiding COULD be in LFR, say you're in a lfr group, but 5 people drop. It could rebalance itself for those people not being there, and thus it would still be flex raiding by technicality.

Where do you get your meaning of tiered, however? I always saw tiered being, as the best example, a BC type system. Doing T4 to do T5, T5 to do T6, etcetc. That's actually how LFR works, you have to do the previous part of a raid to move onto the next part(As a fresh 90 I learned this). Sure you 'can' skip T14 and go to T15 if your ilevel is high enough, but that's technically an ilevel tier.

Even normal/Heroic is kinda tiered, but it's like...a tier in a single bit of content. You need to do Normal to be able to do Heroic, meaning you have to do, say, T1 to do T1.5. It's not a fully tiered system(Can go T1 to T2), but it IS tiered.

So both could work with LFR, and due to them being able to, the (I assume)poor wording of the pool leans it to mean that there is, in fact, LFR in those modes.

Also as of right now the difference between the actual "No LFR" vs "How it is now" is only 3 votes. That's under 5% even with this small of a sample c:

Quote Originally Posted by vareck View Post
    Raids with the attunement style of BC.
    "Guys! BT night! Lets go!"
    "Skittys doesn't have the necklace yet..."
    "...damnit, back to SSC and TK again..."

Bad times, and needing to do them again for each new recruit...
    Last edited by seam; 2013-08-18 at 04:06 AM.

Tiered raid, but that's not going to come back. It's kind of stupid to release content nobody can see after all.

Then the Ulduar model was best... multiple difficulties on same boss, not all bosses had heroic, and only ONE PIECE OF EXTRA LOOT.

I mean, 3 levels of the same damned gear is really not fun.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

It's all good, I had predicted a clear choice for LFR as that seems to be a hot commodity for the users of this forum. Perhaps it is just a vocal minority while many believe it is not need or wanted in game. Maybe, just an observation. I have voiced before how much I dislike LFR but realize that is just like my opinion man.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with the current model. I don't really enjoy LFR, but the usefulness of being able get tier sets and gear upgrades that either refuse to drop in normal/heroic or drop from bosses your guild hasn't reached yet are too good to pass up. I've also found it useful for practicing some boss mechanics outside of raid time, like the Devastating Combo from Will of the Emperor.

I think all systems play a role within the game quite nicely, even with LFR being unpopular for various reasons it stills holds a purpose to some players therefore a worthy addition in game. I can see the niche role of LFR being undone somewhat by flex raiding as the players who want to raid, but do not have the time for normal raiding will probably steer towards flex once its release. Just my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    The second option is great. That's the douchebag's choice or what?
    I mean, I picked it because I like the system that doesn't hand AFK people loot.

LFR shouldn't even give loot; it should be just for fun. That way, Blizzard pushes people to do Flex and Normal instead.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.