Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    How well can the democrats do in 2016?

Very well if the GOP doesn't attempt a new approach soon.
    Unless the GOP turn liberal, by their very definition (conservative) they CAN'T try a new approach.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Do you honestly think Clinton campaigned so hard for Obama because he likes him, or because his display of party loyalty will help his wife in the 2016 primaries/election?

http://www.theblaze.com/contribution...-barack-obama/
    Personally, yes I do believe the Clintons like him, insofar as he beat Hilary out of her spot for the Presidency. But what I personally believe doesn't matter.

Going by your ridiculous facts and "cites", the only conclusion I can draw is that you don't know how to research a position.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Black people have been voting at 80% for Democrats ever since Bill Clinton. States like North Carolina doing some serious Jim Crow shit give black AMERICANS more then enough reason to go with Democrats when we try to expand voting rights and the social safety net.
    Clinton? More like since Johnson, or at least since Nixon.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Clinton? More like since Johnson, or at least since Nixon.
    i.e. since the transition of party platforms was complete and the drastic polarization began.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I love Camille Paglia. She has no bones about calling it like she sees it.

http://www.salon.com/2013/08/21/cami...s_best_chance/

As a registered Democrat, I am praying for a credible presidential candidate to emerge from the younger tier of politicians in their late 40s. A governor with executive experience would be ideal. It’s time to put my baby-boom generation out to pasture! We’ve had our day and managed to muck up a hell of a lot. It remains baffling how anyone would think that Hillary Clinton (born the same year as me) is our party’s best chance. She has more sooty baggage than a 90-car freight train. And what exactly has she ever accomplished — beyond bullishly covering for her philandering husband? She’s certainly busy, busy and ever on the move — with the tunnel-vision workaholism of someone trying to blot out uncomfortable private thoughts.

I for one think it was a very big deal that our ambassador was murdered in Benghazi. In saying “I take responsibility” for it as secretary of state, Hillary should have resigned immediately. The weak response by the Obama administration to that tragedy has given a huge opening to Republicans in the next presidential election. The impression has been amply given that Benghazi was treated as a public relations matter to massage rather than as the major and outrageous attack on the U.S. that it was.

Throughout history, ambassadors have always been symbolic incarnations of the sovereignty of their nations and the dignity of their leaders. It’s even a key motif in “King Lear.” As far as I’m concerned, Hillary disqualified herself for the presidency in that fist-pounding moment at a congressional hearing when she said, “What difference does it make what we knew and when we knew it, Senator?” Democrats have got to shake off the Clinton albatross and find new blood. The escalating instability not just in Egypt but throughout the Mideast is very ominous. There is a clash of cultures brewing in the world that may take a century or more to resolve — and there is no guarantee that the secular West will win.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Not a fan of Hillary myself, but this says more about how inept her potential opponents are than it does Hillary. Let's take everything this person says at face value and pretend she didn't do things like take the famous "what difference does it make" statement out of context. Even when doing that, it makes it more pathetic that the RNC is so terrified of her potential candidacy that they're worried about a documentary airing 2 years prior to the election.

The problem with bashing Hillary is that while some of it may be correct and warranted, it doesn't raise her opponent's profile. It just makes them look worse by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    The problem with bashing Hillary is that while some of it may be correct and warranted, it doesn't raise her opponent's profile. It just makes them look worse by comparison.
    They can't have nearly the profile. Hilary would be the first woman president. She's been a senator for 2 terms, secretary of state. Most importantly she knows where to get money for campaigns.

She's going to railroad through the primaries most likely, and that sense that it'll happen will be it's own bonus... who wants a bloody primary where the candidates blow up their war chests destroying the image of the person that has to run in the election when it can be avoided. Instead you can just join the pre-formed bandwagon. She's likely to start the primary trail with all her 2008 support (because most democracts don't really care how much fuax news hyped bengazi, unless they simply are anti-Hilary in the first place)... which was almost enough to win, plus some of the 2008 obama supporters will slide over.

The most important thing about Hilary... she's spent 20 years under the public spotlight. Take her biggest gaffes and rate them on a scale of 0 to 10, where 0 is "in context not at all a gaffe" and 10 is any of the half dozen 2012 republican rape-abortion comments made between Ryan's "Forced Rape (written in legislation)", Santorum's "Gifts from God", what's his names "Legitimate Rape". And put the 47% are takers on the scale while you are at it. And vaccines cause autism, a random lady outside told me. Hilary doesn't say much without thinking about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry, if Hillary runs the Benghazi story will have inflated to the point where she personally parachuted down there and killed Christopher Stevens. Remember, it is now legal to spend unlimited money on political advertisements in which you can flat out lie.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The problem with that is it is incredibly hypocritical of Paglia. The woman voted for Jill Stein in 2012 and now she criticizes Hillary for lack of accomplishment? The extent of Stein's political accomplishments was holding a Town Meeting seat in Lexington.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post

I think Obama won despite being black. Hard to really prove that though.
    Wait, are you suggesting that racism wasn't involved in Obama's victory in 2008, when he won 95% of the black vote? Another question, do you think it is okay to vote FOR someone due to the color of his skin, but not okay to vote AGAINST someone because of the color of his skin?

As for the OP, the democrats could probably nominate a corpse for president that would have a good chance against the current field of republicans. Until the republicans ditch these bible-thumping, anti-science idiots they will never have any chance of regaining control of the White House, and their support will continue to erode as the old-guard dies off and younger, more educated voters replace the jesus freaks.
    Last edited by Skarssen; 2013-08-22 at 07:59 PM.

Winning 300 electorate votes is narrow?!?!?!? Are you insane? That is the definition of a ass beating. Does this explain why Republicans are implementing Jim Crow laws in North Carolina?

Thanks I was wondering. Anyways once Hilary is the candidate she will not play this hope and change shit. She will treat the Republicans like the animals they are and put that party out of its misery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Wait, are you suggesting that racism wasn't involved in Obama's victory in 2008, when he won 95% of the black vote?
    You say that like black people voting against "Southern strategy" Republicans is a new thing.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    When can I get my:

'Fighting Joe Biden 2016... Bros before Hos!'

Bumper Sticker.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Wait, are you suggesting that racism wasn't involved in Obama's victory in 2008, when he won 95% of the black vote? Another question, do you think it is okay to vote FOR someone due to the color of his skin, but not okay to vote AGAINST someone because of the color of his skin?

As for the OP, the democrats could probably nominate a corpse for president that would have a good chance against the current field of republicans. Until the republicans ditch these bible-thumping, anti-science idiots they will never have any chance of regaining control of the White House, and their support will continue to erode as the old-guard dies off and younger, more educated voters replace the jesus freaks.
    88% of african americans voted for John Kerry in 2004. 95% is more significant but you are really only gaining ~0.5% of the voting electorate out of it.

*Hopes for Santorum/Ryan 2016 ticket* WTB more circus

Quote Originally Posted by Pitkanen View Post

Please PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEE.

I helped throw Santorum out in 2006. I was living in Pennsylvania for college at the time. The greatest thing I've ever heard about him in 2012 was from a Republican pollster who wrote that Santorum was doomed because Republicans aren't interested in losing 44 states.

I would LOVE Santorum to be nominated, and for him to destroy all the careers and beliefs of a hell of a lot of Republicans who need their careers destroyed and their beliefs marginalized, so REAL Republicans can take our party back from the Barry Goldwater / John Birch Society crazies that are defacing a proud heritage with their abject stupidity.

But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe when a crazy-conservative gets nominated and Republicans still lose, they'll find something else to blame, rather than, you know, the people and the ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitkanen View Post
    88% of african americans voted for John Kerry in 2004. 95% is more significant but you are really only gaining ~0.5% of the voting electorate out of it.

I'm just hoping one of their heroic "true conservatives" gets the nomination so he/she can get trounced and we can put to rest the idea that Republicans lose for being too moderate. I know it's just wishful thinking though, they'll just make themselves the victim like they always do.
    Last edited by NYC17; 2013-08-22 at 09:28 PM.