Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Depends on where the numbers land after the dust settles, but I could realistically see us using 2 or 3 specs in SoO depending on the encounter. Arcane brings multidot abuse and a boosted AE/Blizzard. Frost has no rampup, a 20% buffed CoC, Frozen Orb, and natural 2 target cleave. Fire has a mobile filler spell. The problem is spending 1k gold+ to change gems/reforges several times across an instance is both a time hindrance to the raid and the cost adds up. It's good epic gems don't exist at least, but reforge costs have been going up every tier, and rare raw gems could stand to be cheaper, but Ghost Iron Ore is expensive this expansion after the gathering nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Depends on where the numbers land after the dust settles, but I could realistically see us using 2 or 3 specs in SoO depending on the encounter. Arcane brings multidot abuse and a boosted AE/Blizzard. Frost has no rampup, a 20% buffed CoC, Frozen Orb, and natural 2 target cleave. Fire has a mobile filler spell. The problem is spending 1k gold+ to change gems/reforges several times across an instance is both a time hindrance to the raid and the cost adds up. It's good epic gems don't exist at least, but reforge costs have been going up every tier, and rare raw gems could stand to be cheaper, but Ghost Iron Ore is expensive this expansion after the gathering nerfs.
    Pretty much this, I am personally planning to gear up with arcane in mind, but switch out gems and switch to fire for any encounter that calls for it (I'm looking at you thok). While it isn't "optimal" to use reforge arcane gear for fire, we will be to the point where you can easily pass the crit threshold in non crit gear, we have enough secondaries to play with now that we can pretty well spec to whatever we want at the drop of a hat

I plan on completing the next tier with only one spec. Can't decide between fire or arcane. Maybe when I replace one piece of gear i will just switch its gems around for my OS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, shouldn't the garrosh helm be bis, and you have the t16 4 piece in the other slots? that leaves only 2 pieces without mastery. Well that is for me atleast considering I lack heroic t15.