Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    WTF. Did you make your account to troll?... warlocks, fire mage, MM hunter, WW monks and UH dk to name a few have a far higher skillcap than frost mages.
    That's not true at all, you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

In general Warlock, Rogue, and Mage tend to be all around strong PvP classes from season to season.

However you'll always get fotm classes every season that get overbuffed and nerfed the next season.

This thread has been highly informative. From what I've gathered Hunters, Mages, Rogues, Warlocks, Monks, Warriors, DKs, Druids, Shamans, Paladins and Priests are the classes with the most pvp advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    lol mages nerfed XD mages only struggle against hunters, who are, well.... also OP. Oh yeah and ferals.

- - - Updated - - -

WTF. Did you make your account to troll?... warlocks, fire mage, MM hunter, WW monks and UH dk to name a few have a far higher skillcap than frost mages.
    skill cap for f.mages is highest of anything you mentioned there. by cap he meant CAP.. like 2500+ using the class to fullest potential cap. fire mage.. ^^.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarock View Post
    This thread has been highly informative. From what I've gathered Hunters, Mages, Rogues, Warlocks, Monks, Warriors, DKs, Druids, Shamans, Paladins and Priests are the classes with the most pvp advantage.
    ..and thats why you don't make topics like these.

class dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Has everyone forgotten dispel, cyclone on its own dr, Lay on hands (NS), prowl stealth, ironbark/barksin, treeform, stuns/knockbacks/roots, druids instant everything, HOTW dps beating out actual dps, symbiosis, and immunity to slows/roots/polys, all from one class?? Seriously, whatever your definition of "pvp advantage" is, to me it means the most tools and ability to dps/heal/cc/utility-stuff and outskill people, which is druids. Ferals in particular, but even though disc is stupid strong in rated play, in terms of pvp advantage druids take the cake.

You way overestimate sw:d, unless you mind-read hunters scatter its really only useful against mages and pallys. If you are not playing one of those 3 its not worth the glyph slot. Seriously, thinking about it, how much cc really breaks on damage anymore. Poly, blind, scatter/trap, rept or blinding light, gouge, paralysis... so basically 4 out of 11 classes cc, and honestly wasting a glyph slot against a rogue team just to MAYBE get blind is hardly worth it imo. I wish they would make the glyph baseline again.
    Every healer has dispel. Priest has 2. Cyclone on its own DR? Gz, what happens when you get locked out? NS doesn't always bring you to full buddy, especially with an MS effect and low crit. Prowl is pretty much useful for only the opener. Ironbark/barkskin vs PS/Void Swap. Treeform, yeah it's pretty strong but runs you oom fast if you aren't smart with it. HOTW is risky, if you get locked on on wrath, your teammate can die in a hardswap with no hots. If you're in cat form, you're spending more time trying to get on your target than doing damage. Symbiosis shouldn't be in game, end of story, it's broken, yeah.

It's pretty simple to death a scatter. If you're behind a pillar (which is most of the game) and the hunter runs towards you, it's pretty obvious he's going to scatter. Same with ret. Easy to avoid hpala blind / rep. Same with rogue, if he's sprinting at you, he wants to blind.

Deleted
    Gameplay speaking, hunter has the most distinct advantage. All cc is instant and also has a wide variety of cc. All castable spells can be cast while running, can't be silenced (unless resummoning his pet), has the advantage of being ranged. Has one of the best openers in game. And has decent mobility.

One of the downsides is, you need to be able to predict damage pretty well because hunters are a common kill target.

Quote Originally Posted by Djbicepsirl View Post
    That's not true at all, you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.
    I have and always will hate mages.

But there is no denying that mages, especially frost, is right up there next to sub rogues as the highest skill cap class/spec in the game.

There's a reason that PMR ISN'T always heavily represented at the top yet there's still ALWAYS at least one PMR team going rank 1 even against the biggest fotms (yes, even against s5 dks and s9 warriors and s12 bm/warriors).

MM hunters I would say were pretty much the highest skill cap of any spec/class in the game ever in Cataclysm which is why there were barely any hunters above 2.2k yet we still saw rank 1 hunters and the class taking the cake at tournaments. But that all changed when the fire nation attacked...errr I mean with MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Every healer has dispel. Priest has 2. Cyclone on its own DR? Gz, what happens when you get locked out? NS doesn't always bring you to full buddy, especially with an MS effect and low crit. Prowl is pretty much useful for only the opener. Ironbark/barkskin vs PS/Void Swap. Treeform, yeah it's pretty strong but runs you oom fast if you aren't smart with it. HOTW is risky, if you get locked on on wrath, your teammate can die in a hardswap with no hots. If you're in cat form, you're spending more time trying to get on your target than doing damage. Symbiosis shouldn't be in game, end of story, it's broken, yeah.

It's pretty simple to death a scatter. If you're behind a pillar (which is most of the game) and the hunter runs towards you, it's pretty obvious he's going to scatter. Same with ret. Easy to avoid hpala blind / rep. Same with rogue, if he's sprinting at you, he wants to blind.
    I can counter everything you said about priests too... The only reason priests are better than druids is because they work too well with hunters and other melee cleaves and have 30% passive DR. Both are stupidly stronger than the other healers.

Im not sure which hunters your playing against if they broadcast what they do that much, and spending most of the game behind a pillar is great in theory but a feral/hunter nuking my mage is essentially equal to me spamming heals as fast as I possibly can lest he die from the 100k dps hes receiving. Chaining trap from HoJ or root (i dont run phantasm) is common too. Death is good against mages and pallys specced rept and against hunters if your lucky. Death is still a server lag thing, I have deathed the millisecond a poly goes off and not break out of it sometimes; its a sketchy ability. Its good, but sketchy and very limited in its uses, and if you guess wrong on instant stuff you waste globals.

Rogues / Feral Druids / Hunters

Deleted
    Skill is the strongest Class since the Burning Crusade

Class Advantages only take place if ure a top 10 Player on Ladder

And if sum1 doesnt believe me just look at the Ladder on Armory please

Merc Out

Quote Originally Posted by Aven Reddins View Post
    If this weren't MoP, I would say rogue, but for most of this expansion rogue damage has just been terrible and you will almost always die 100%-0 in the first stun you can't trinket. Currently I think feral druids and Ele shamans have a very obvious advantage over everything.
    /Signed! so sad that rogue is not that powerfull right now
    in fact it is very weak compared to almost every other class

Deleted
    It depends what kind of pvp you are talking about.

In 3v3:
    Ele Shaman + feral + healer is the winning combination.
    Spriest & BM Hunters are solid seconds
    Warlock is very strong in 3v3 with demonic gateway, fear & sustained dmg and make a good partner in many comps.
    DKs are amazing in 3v3 but the skillcap is very high.

2v2:
    Any 2x dps / 1 dps 1 healer combination of above mentioned classes with disc priests & mistweaver monks the best healers in my opinion.

World pvp / 1v1
    In my opinion back to basics with Rogues and mages the best contenders.
    In 5.4 Rogues could rule the world again with increased damage and be very very strong in arena too.

Rated BGs
    - DK DK DK DK. Grip & win
    - Balance druid AOE silence amazing.
    - Destro lock AOE super strong pre 5.4. In 5.4 destro will be utter crap if nothing changes since present ptr.

BM Hunters all of MoP, but fear not mortals because Blizz broke them as a class in PTR.
    So come 5.4 you won't have to worry much since Readiness is gone which means no double using ANYTHING to burst down your sad foe.
    A good MM hunter should do fairly well given its High skillcap and ok heals.

Deleted
    It has always been mage up until MoP when they lost some mobility but they still remain one of classes one a big advantage over most others.

Deleted
    How can you jus say Mages were the best PvP period untill mop

Please gimme sum Reasons and how did mage loose mobility

Or did u jus say mage because mages were wiping u the most in ure WoW career

Deleted
    retri paladin will be one of the best dps and utility in 5.4 in arena and rbg

15+ Year Old Account
    Rogue is crap today.

He is annoying yes. He cc you yes.

But he doesn't have enough burst to kill you.

Especially if you are a healer.

Hunter, Monk, Warlock, Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Quesium View Post
    There is not a single class spec combination without any counter. as it should be in a mmo tbh
    and I think you're sadly mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    has everyone forgotten about 2x dispel, sw:death, lay on hands, stealth, PS, aura mastery, offensive dispel, cast main ability while moving, all from one class??
    i dont usually meet spriests who know how to play

they usually try to dispersion tank, fear the universe and then fall over dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Mage has tons of counters in a 1v1 setting
    But it's a team game.

I want to say Shaman has a big advantage with all 3 of it's specs being pretty good right now, but the same could be said for Druid. Balance is really good atm, Feral is really good atm, Resto is really good atm.

Shaman or Druid.

Edit: A few BM comments here too. I think BM's strength is a mistake and in a matter of weeks they should be a bit more realistic.
    Last edited by mmoccd6c4f8015; 2013-08-24 at 04:26 AM.

Warlocks have never had a bad season ever, so that would be my pick.