Tackling the ToT gear Climb

I just started raiding for the first time since TBC and I am pretty blown away with all of the theorycrafting and changes. The game has definitely evolved in a good way from a pve standpoint. I remember popping onto Elitist Jerks and just looking at what our top dps spec was and that was that. It's definitely not that simple anymore. Pve looks very interesting now.

Let me get to the point,

I joined a raiding guild that's 10/12 heroic main group and 12/12 reg secondary group. I'm tryin my best to contribute with my current gear so I am ready for 5.4 launch. This site has fantastic guides for all three specs and I feel comfortable playing all three at a high level, but I have not seen a lot of information for which specs are the best prior to ToT trinkets or prior to and after 2pc/4pc set bonuses. I'm mainly used sites like noxxic.

To figure out which spec to play.

Can anyone give me some guildlines/recommendations/ or a resource to use to guide when I swap specs depending on tot trinket luck and 2pc/4pc bonuses? Also the legendary meta looks like it grossly favors afflic and it's terrible for destro.

I'm currently at 511 ilevel w/o ToT trinkets and no set bonus. Simcraft is showing destruction is clearly ahead but the parses that I've looked at show Demon as #1 and affliction very competitive. What types of gear or gear sets should I be looking for that make demonology and affliction jump way ahead?

My armory:
    Kittenslayer - Darkspear US horde

PS - My first post I can't post links/images

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardio32 View Post
    Can anyone give me some guildlines/recommendations/ or a resource to use to guide when I swap specs depending on tot trinket luck and 2pc/4pc bonuses? Also the legendary meta looks like it grossly favors afflic and it's terrible for destro.
    The stickies at the top of the forums are a useful resource of information. 4pc generally isn't really used, nor worthwhile. Heroic TF pieces will outshine the bonus. The meta is fine for all three specs, destruction included.

I'm currently at 511 ilevel w/o ToT trinkets and no set bonus. Simcraft is showing destruction is clearly ahead but the parses that I've looked at show Demon as #1 and affliction very competitive. What types of gear or gear sets should I be looking for that make demonology and affliction jump way ahead?
    <520/530ish ilvl = Destro, Have Meta gem = Aff, Have UVLS = Demo. That's pretty much it. =P

My armory:
    Kittenslayer - Darkspear US horde

PS - My first post I can't post links/images
    Don't wear spirit gear. You're a JC, so use the two Int epic gems. Enchant your cape. Read the Destro sticky. evrelia.com can tell you the rest, though if you're destro just stick to Mastery and don't bother with haste for the most part (though it's not a horrible stat vs. crit). Also, look at actual pve professions to help vs. say... mining.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    The stickies at the top of the forums are a useful resource of information. 4pc generally isn't really used, nor worthwhile. Heroic TF pieces will outshine the bonus. The meta is fine for all three specs, destruction included.
    Wow great to know thanks, I didn't know that 4pc was crappy. From a distant it looked good for demon but I haven't played it so don't know how much trouble it has generating demonic fury.

<520/530ish ilvl = Destro, Have Meta gem = Aff, Have UVLS = Demo. That's pretty much it. =P
    Yep that's the feeling I was getting thanks for confirming.

Don't wear spirit gear. You're a JC, so use the two Int epic gems. Enchant your cape. Read the Destro sticky. evrelia.com can tell you the rest, though if you're destro just stick to Mastery and don't bother with haste for the most part (though it's not a horrible stat vs. crit). Also, look at actual pve professions to help vs. say... mining.
    Beggers can't be choosers, the spirit is still a 522 ilevel weapon which is better than LFR 502 counterparts and tryannical weapon. Also only one piece has spirit, my weapon. Definitely need to swap for 2xint epic gems, I was just trying the haste for afflic. Got cape enchanted. I'm not that interested in max/min so I'm sticking with mining, I just want to be "regular" mode competent not heroic mode baller lol.

Good point with mastery. As long as I focus on mastery I can make a smooth transition from destro -> afflic -> demon depending on look I pick up. Reforging crit to haste when I get legendary meta for afflic. Thanks for the advice!

Just to piggyback off the,

"<520/530ish ilvl = Destro"

Do you think this will still apply after 5.4 hits? I've been trying to figure out the best spec for low ilvl locks after 5.4

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow great to know thanks, I didn't know that 4pc was crappy. From a distant it looked good for demon but I haven't played it so don't know how much trouble it has generating demonic fury.

Yep that's the feeling I was getting thanks for confirming.

Beggers can't be choosers, the spirit is still a 522 ilevel weapon which is better than LFR 502 counterparts and tryannical weapon. Also only one piece has spirit, my weapon. Definitely need to swap for 2xint epic gems, I was just trying the haste for afflic. Got cape enchanted. I'm not that interested in max/min so I'm sticking with mining, I just want to be "regular" mode competent not heroic mode baller lol.

Good point with mastery. As long as I focus on mastery I can make a smooth transition from destro -> afflic -> demon depending on look I pick up. Reforging crit to haste when I get legendary meta for afflic. Thanks for the advice!
    NM. didn't see u were playing destro.