Washington Post, CNN & Time Hacked by Alleged Pro-Assad Group.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23712007

Websites belonging to the Washington Post, CNN, and Time magazine have been attacked by supporters of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
    Mostly redirects but still.

Deleted
    Cool story. They will all be dead soon hopefully anyway, so won't be a nuisance for long.

Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    Cool story. They will all be dead soon hopefully anyway, so won't be a nuisance for long.
    Why hopefully?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Why hopefully?
    I was going to ask the same thing. Seems the Anti-Assad rebels are just as bad if not worse than the assad regime.

Better to have the devil you know than the devil you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I was going to ask the same thing. Seems the Anti-Assad rebels are just as bad if not worse than the assad regime.

It's a war, people are trying to kill the other side, sometimes things aren't perfect.
    Both sides make mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account

Why assist a devil against another devil? Either way, one devil is going to win and angels will die regardless of which side wins.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Why assist a devil against another devil? Either way, one devil is going to win and angels will die regardless of which side wins.
    No they wont, because devils and angels don't exist silly.

OT; The whole Syria situation is messed up, neither side can be trusted and the civilians get fucked over because of it.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a false flag.

Since were supporting the rebels and Alqueda over there nothing would surprise me.

It's a war, people are trying to kill the other side, sometimes things aren't perfect.
    Both sides make mistakes.
    Without a doubt, but look at the goals and associations that the rebels have...

I mean seriously, beheading a kid in front of his family because they "heard" he might have said something bad about Muhammad.

If it was up to me assads forces would win, but that's me.

Without a doubt, but look at the goals and associations that the rebels have...

I mean seriously, beheading a kid in front of his family because they "heard" he might have said something bad about Muhammad.

If it was up to me assads forces would win, but that's me.
    I agree but apparently the powers that be have a different agenda.
    I would say that it's possible those places are behind the times so to speak and it wasn't that long ago we were doing the same thing to our enemies.

Deleted
    Why hopefully?
    Woops, read that wrong. I thought it was the anti-assad terrorists doing it.

I agree but apparently the powers that be have a different agenda.
    I would say that it's possible those places are behind the times so to speak and it wasn't that long ago we were doing the same thing to our enemies.
    I would argue that the powers that be are being short sighted assholes, but it wouldn't be the first time would it *looking at you Egypt and Libya*

15+ Year Old Account
    At least there were no harm done other than a redirect.
    Maybe they should spend some money on security consultants that would argue using 3rd party firm to provide links might be a security risk keke.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-08-17 at 09:33 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I would argue that the powers that be are being short sighted assholes, but it wouldn't be the first time would it *looking at you Egypt and Libya*
    I’m not sure how machevillan this administration is but supplying the rebels with just enough weapons to bleed Syria, Iran, and Hezbollah but not enough to win seems like a valid geo-political tactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    If America gets more evolved then their the bad guys. If they dont do anything their the bad guys. Its a loose loose sitch hear

Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    If America gets more evolved then their the bad guys. If they dont do anything their the bad guys. Its a loose loose sitch hear
    America should worry about it's own people and problems instead of being the police of the world and overthrowing governments to install puppet leaders.

America should worry about it's own people and problems instead of being the police of the world and overthrowing governments to install puppet leaders.
    Well when Israel was bulldozing Arafat's compound in September of 2002, Europeans demanded intervention. They said we must stop Israel. European leaders held high priority meetings to discuss the situation and what to do. They were crying to the US to step in and stop it. Bush did nothing.

So what we learned there is that its not really true when we hear America should not police the world. What we REALLY mean is that Europe wants the US to intervene only when the Europe gives the OK. Europe wants to control the US military, and send it on attack only on their terms. And if that doesn't happen, well the US is clearly in the wrong.

Of course, it would be difficult for people to accept that on face value. So we resort to trickery, and claim the high ground when we don't like what the US military attacks by saying we disagree with intervention in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why hopefully?
    Because they are the Goebbels-esque goons of a murderous tyrant. Sic Semper Tyrannis.