[resto] What WOL stats should I be looking at when evaluating a druid healer?

Just as the title states. How should I be looking at my druids? I have one who runs short on mana almost immediately as seen in this log:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...izo/details/8/

Both my raid teams now suddenly have druids and I'm woefully short on druid knowledge, can you help?

I can't really tell personally since I 2 heal content, so I don't really know what 3 healing should even look like for numbers.

I looked at his armory though, and he's using Rebirth Glyph over Lifebloom, that's just kinda dumb really. There's virtually no point where you'd ever not want Lifebloom glyphed, it saves mana and it saves globals.

He has Renewal in tier 2. I'm guessing he was just trolling people that look at his armory, because there's actually no other reason to ever spec that. It's hands down the worst skill in that tier, I'd probably say it's the worst talent Druids even have. Nature's Swiftness is 100000x better. But again, I feel like he can't be dumb enough to be spec'd into Renewal on purpose.

He's spec'd Nature's Vigil, there's no point, have him go Heart of the Wild, it's better for everything. Plus during Bloodlust you can push out 100k DPS for like 30 seconds, which is a nice touch during Lust.

He has Incarnation, Soothing Talisman of the Shadow Pan, and Horridon's Last Gasp, if he's running out of mana he's spamming Rejuv or Regrowth way too much for absolutely no reason. He has more Spirit than I do, and he's spec'd Incarnation, he should never run out of mana. I don't even use Innervate or Soothing Talisman during boss fights anymore really, and I 2 heal things with less Spirit. Pretty obvious he's spamming skills he shouldn't be, mainly Rejuv and Regrowth, there's absolutely no need to spam those skills outside of big nukes of damage (Mageara Rampage, for example) and even then Regrowth isn't that necessary.

I'm also guessing he doesn't use his whole tool set, judging from the fact that on Jin'Rokh he didn't use Mushrooms once, which can burst heal all 10 people from 50% health to full health if they're stacked up, so if he's wasting mana to heal 10 people for 50% of their health that's gonna be a problem.

So yeah, have him fix his spec and use all his skills. That'll help significantly. Innervate should be cast at around 75% mana the first time, and then whenever it's off CD if you're under 75%. I'd probably 2 heal things in ToT, there's isn't a fight that needs 3 and if he's spamming Rejuv all over the place anyway and wasting his mana the Druid will be better off with 2 healers, so his Rejuv spam actually does something.

I also don't see any purpose to push the 6600 haste breakpoint with his gear level, he's gemmed/reforged entirely for Haste so he gets 1 extra tick out of Rejuv. I realize he spams rejuv, but still, 1 tick is most likely overhealing anyway. He'd be better off reforging/regemming into Mastery and then using the 3043 Haste breakpoint, because an extra 5% Mastery is going to be significantly more useful than 1 tick on Rejuv. At higher item levels it's worth it because you literally can't get under like 4k Haste anyway, but at his level he can probably sit exactly at 3100 or so, which would help significantly.

I'd just like to point out in what Rucati said that there IS definitely many points of taking Nature's Vigil, the least of which is to be used to using it in preparation for 5.4 where it will most likely become the most commonly used, go-to choice for most progression raiding restos.

edit: accidentally a word

Thigan, thank you very much, that link is like digital gold.

The rest of you, thank you for looking at this player for me. I will give him the link and I'm sure he will heed your advice. Any additional feedback is welcome.

Deleted
    One thing to note as well is that your resto druid has only got like 54% uptime on harmony which is quite bad, its usually a case of him not using swiftmend enough which is a quite mana efficient spell aswell.
    Last edited by mmoc0591c65e54; 2013-08-20 at 06:02 PM.

Look at buffs casted. If their using incarnation how many times did they cast it and did the line it up with tranquility?
    Is harmony up 95%+
    Is lifebloom up 80%+
    How many times did they cast wildgrowth?
    Swiftmend?
    Compared to other druids on the fight with similar gear are they casting the same amount of rejuvenation? Whats the uptime on rejuvenation?
    Did they make their innervate give less mana than it should?

Their is also a lot of higher level monitoring you can do, but i don't feel like explaining that.

Quote Originally Posted by Checksmix View Post
    Look at buffs casted. If their using incarnation how many times did they cast it and did the line it up with tranquility?
    IMO, Incarnation and Tranq doesn't have to be used together. Personally I can only recall doing that once or twice during Cata and early MoP (I raid casually now, but I guess the point still stands). Sometimes it's better to have two CD's split over the fight instead of one big CD once. Especially considering Incarnation can be used as a mana CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    IMO, Incarnation and Tranq doesn't have to be used together. Personally I can only recall doing that once or twice during Cata and early MoP (I raid casually now, but I guess the point still stands). Sometimes it's better to have two CD's split over the fight instead of one big CD once. Especially considering Incarnation can be used as a mana CD.
    Don't know of many people that pop Incarnation and immediately Tranq; usually it's Tranq at the last second of Incarnation to get the most out of both spells.

As for OP Check covered the basics: Harmony uptime should be as close to 100% as possible given that it has a 20 second duration and Swiftmend has a cooldown of 15 seconds. Next highest uptime should be Lifebloom given that it's a 15 second duration, grants Omen of Clarity (makes next cast time heal free) and refreshes with any cast time heal in addition to just re-applying Lifebloom (not to be confused with channeled heals such as Tranquility, also refreshes from a Nature's Swiftness instant heal).

After that you can consider their usage of Wild Mushroom: Bloom as several fights in ToT allow Druids to utilize this ability to great extent. The two best fights that come to mind are Tortos and Megaera and if the heal isn't in their top five healing abilities they're doing something extremely wrong.

Taking a look at your Jinrohk log there's not much else your Druid can do beyond using shrooms during transition since you guys can easily stack and wack the boss since it's normal. As for Horridon it looks like you're lacking the DPS to kill adds fast enough, especially at door 2. Might want to consider switching your Resto Druid or Holy Paladin to a DPS spec.