Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    I am Murloc! Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    5,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You're of a small minority that thought the Arthas fight was done "poorly." The flow of it, the mechanics... THAT'S the way that a final boss should be. Deathwing was just "rinse and repeat" the entire fight. The entire time you were fighting Arthas, shit was getting progressively out of hand until he straight up owns you with a snap of his fingers.



    "I'M HIDING TILL YOU LEAVE!"
    Why is that? Cant take something that isn't your own opinion?

  2. #62
    The Lightbringer Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Waiting for WoD (..To be scrapped completely)
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Galosengen View Post
    I really don't know, I don't understand how people can feel that an asian theme fits less than the crazy sci-fi crystal spaceships of Burning Crusade.

    Honestly I think its just that the DARKNEDGY freaks have taken over everything and they just hate anything that isn't covered in grimness and blood.
    Because as ridiculous as Crystal Spaceships are, you were hardly surrounded by them, and the rest of outland "Felt" like Warcraft, Draenor, WAS, Warcraft. Pandaria on the other hand, I've honestly felt completely disconnected aside from the tie ins, I honestly couldn't give a damn about the Mogu, Mantid, and other Pandaria Natives. It's not the Darknedgy crowd that's taken over, they're on Diablo. It's the "KAWAIIDESUDESU" crowd that have taken over, and trust me, as annoying as the first group is, the second is much, much worse.

    OT: Theme does matter, I absolutely cannot stand the asian theme of MoP, and know quite a few who agree, the game is much better than it was in Cata, overall, but the theme just has me waiting for whatever the next expansion is, so that I can finally leave Pandaria for good and never look back.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportantLoreInformation View Post
    Seriously. Can this guy please be banned from the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Could we just get this fucking clown a ban or something? Pretty please?

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    No. Not at all.

    If you think it does, stop lying to yourself. You didn't quit because of the theme, you quit because you were bored of the game. And if the theme was different, you would have quit after a few weeks anyway.
    You honestly don't believe that theme could limit a games exposure to a specific audience, or that shifting that theme dramatically could leave the current audience with a theme that no longer focuses on their interests?

  4. #64
    I am Murloc! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    5,654
    Obviously yes. No matter how much the MMO Champ Panda defenders want to argue otherwise, Subs could well be at HALF what TBC had by the end of this turd of an expansion; and it being based around Panda people and a kung fu class is a big reason why.
    You, you'll regret what you have done this day, I will make you regret ever being born, you're going to wish you never left your mother's womb, where it was warm and safe and wet, I am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainbow!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ep65rr-9qjQ Full Pilot Episode! Best thing to come out of Adult Swim!

  5. #65
    I am Murloc! Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    5,674
    Quote Originally Posted by frumper View Post
    The mechanics in MoP are good, but who are the bosses and how do they relate to the world? There was a disconect to me on why we were killing them. Of course there are always filler bosses, but MoP felt like all filler bosses.
    Because it was new lore. If you refuse to accept anyone who wasn't in Warcraft 3 as real bosses, then quit now, because most are probably dead. Most bosses in ICC were filler. What maybe 3 or 4 were actual known characters?

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    Whats wrong with the asian theme? Can someone explain this to me why people are ok with norse, egyptian, african etc but asian doesnt cut it? Why?
    It's really really out of the norm for a fantasy game, unless you're playing something along the lines of Dynasty warriors, or age of wushu. A lot of people feel it is too foreign, and honestly I kind of agree. I would've been fine with some asian, or even mostly asian, but nothing even whispers that it might be western, in pandaria.

    I don't play asian games, because I don't like asian culture. I play western games, I am from the west. I want western themes, norse and greek are what made me like swords and axes in the first place.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Obviously yes. No matter how much the MMO Champ Panda defenders want to argue otherwise, Subs could well be at HALF what TBC had by the end of this turd of an expansion; and it being based around Panda people and a kung fu class is a big reason why.
    I'd say it's more due to xenophobia on the part of the players.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Laorenshu View Post
    Of course it would have. The theme of MoP is part of why subscriptions dropped so low. Some people never gave it a chance just because of the theme.
    But this could be said of all themes, I constantly see people say I want south seas or I want burning legion others something else. Then theres others screaming ill quit if we get a stupid burning legion xpac or this or that. No matter what is some will love it before they play it others will hate before they play it. So I don't think the theme makes a huge difference.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Obviously yes. No matter how much the MMO Champ Panda defenders want to argue otherwise, Subs could well be at HALF what TBC had by the end of this turd of an expansion; and it being based around Panda people and a kung fu class is a big reason why.

    subs were on the decline since the end of wrath...
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  10. #70
    Immortal Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    7,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Why is that? Cant take something that isn't your own opinion?
    The first part was not referring to you.

    The second point is a quote from Lei Shi, who I would say is a fairly poorly done boss fight, in context to the statement you provided that I was ACTUALLY quoting. I was attempting a humorous reference, but from your response, it seems to have been lost on you.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-08-18 at 02:07 AM.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  11. #71
    Theming is more important than the theme.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

  12. #72
    Only in terms of surface-level appeal in regards to things like marketing, I'd imagine.

    Really it's nowhere near as important a factor as things like gameplay, content updates, shelf life etc.

    Edit: As long as the theme is competently executed, which has always been the case with WoW expansions.
    Last edited by Wondercrab; 2013-08-18 at 02:12 AM.

  13. #73
    I am Murloc! Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    5,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    subs were on the decline since the end of wrath...
    No subs didn't fall ever once until quarter 1 2011 which was the beginning of cata. The lich king was dead and people moved on. Not to mention dungeons were to hard for a lot of people.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The first part was not referring to you.

    The second point is a quote from Lei Shi, who I would say is a fairly poorly done boss fight, in context to the statement you provided that I was ACTUALLY quoting. I was attempting a humorous reference, but from your response, it seems to have been lost on you.
    I never said that MoP didn't have terrible boss fights. MoP raiding has been solid though. The first 2 tiers were both good and better then anything since tier 11. We will see with SoO, but if it turns out to be as good, it will be the most consistently solid xpac ever.

  14. #74
    Bloodsail Admiral Shadee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Jersey shore night club
    Posts
    1,117
    Of course it does. That is why mope is hemorrhaging subs. Mope was a huge mistake by blizz.

  15. #75
    Immortal Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    7,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I never said that MoP didn't have terrible boss fights.
    The quote I provided was intended to be a humorous instance which would lead people to recall Lei Shi's squeaky voice, the annoying nature of her hide mechanic, and then chuckle to themselves "yeah, that WAS kind of annoying" in a nature that would tie in with your quote about the scant few poorly done boss fights.

    But I guess we just can't have nice thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Of course it does. That is why mope is hemorrhaging subs. Mope was a huge mistake by blizz.
    I'm sorry, you're wrong.

    Very few people that actually started playing MoP quit because "omg pandas!" They all just straight up didn't play MoP. So, logically, the sub losses must be from other reasons.

    Feel free to try again, though.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    No subs didn't fall ever once until quarter 1 2011 which was the beginning of cata. The lich king was dead and people moved on. Not to mention dungeons were to hard for a lot of people.
    Subs grew all through Vanilla and TBC. And peaked at 11.8M at WotLK launch. The first time subs fell was shortly thereafter in Q1 2009. Subs slowly fell all of WotLK, but not by much down to 11.5M. Then went back up to 12M at the end when ICC came out and WotLK was released in China.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-18 at 02:19 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

  17. #77
    I am Murloc! Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    5,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Subs grew all through Vanilla and TBC. And peaked at 11.8M at WotLK launch. The first time subs fell was shortly thereafter in Q1 2009. Subs slowly fell all of WotLK, but not by much down to 11.5M. Then went back up to 12M at the end when ICC came out and WotLK was released in China.
    They may have fell some in between quarterly reports, but they rose back up to at least the last reports levels.
    http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...d-of-warcraft/

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    They may have fell some in between quarterly reports, but they rose back up to at least the last reports levels.
    http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...d-of-warcraft/
    That doesn't show the info from Blizzard's press releases and jumps a whole year from Q4 2008 to Q4 2009.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-18 at 02:31 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

  19. #79
    I felt so disconnected from Pandaria, it all just felt so awkward and wrong. The only thing that kept me sane and not forgetting what game it was, was my character and the UI. I cringed everytime I saw Pandaren animations or heard their voices, I still cringe everytime I have to see the posters on this forum with their "Pretty Panda" signature banners, it's god awful and annoying.

    I was roleplaying though, so I never were on Pandaria for long. Only when I used hearthstone I got teleported to that hellish place.

    So yeah, I don't play the game at the moment.

  20. #80
    Success in terms of subscriber numbers it greatly matters. I love asian themes so it didn't matter to me but it's quite obvious now it matters to many people.
    I also think timing made a difference here as well. If an Mists of Pandaria was the first expansion of WoW, it wouldn't have made the impact it did today. But after Legion and Scourge themed expansions everyone would at least be surprised by a Panda-themed expansion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •