Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Does anyone else feel not satisfied in how blizzard forces players to hate some character?

Herald of the Titans Geminiwolf's Avatar
    As a mostly Horde player I will admit Alliance are being left behind story wise. I also like to play on Alliance from time to time and everytime I go on there's really nothing interesting going on compared to the Horde side of the story so I usually don't play on them all that long. Even as a Horde player I'm getting a little tired of Horde being in the spotlight. I'd like to see more of the lesser used Alliance races like Draenei, Night Elves, Gnomes, and Dwarves. So with that said even though it doesn't bother me THAT much that the Alliance don't have that big of a presence in the story, I can totally understand where some people are coming from, like the OP.
    “Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket." - Kneel Aurmstrang
    For your health.

Well, warcraft is the story of human and orc. The other races are just there to be filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Players who are angry are usually just dissatisfied, and then someone with a half-assed understanding the the storyline comes in and tells them that they're whining and they should be happy with what they got.

The Alliance 'won' MoP in the sense that the Pandaren are almost certainly more pro-Alliance than Horde at this point what with Garrosh destroying their most sacred land, but there is basically zero coverage of that victory in the game. What we DO get to see in the actual game is much harder to defend. The Alliance takes moderate losses in Jade Forest, then comes back in Krasarang during 5.1 and fighting a defensive war against the Horde there, then in 5.2 the Thunder Isle opens up and Jaina has a shitfit and tosses the Horde out of Dalaran, which doesn't phase the zone, and there's no actual acknowledgement that Jaina made Dalaran an Alliance city again past that.

5.3 rolls around and we get some exposition on how much stronger the Alliance is because of the new scenario, which is lovely but not remotely the focal point of the patch (this of course being the Horde civil war.) The Alliance isn't shown to have power in every step of the expansion, and their gains are all on-paper and not in-game.
    Read what you have wrote basically you are saying that alot of alliance players are dissatisfied because blizzard don't revamp again the entire world to show alliance victories; true and this is why they will never be satisfied because blizzard never gonna do again the cata mistake of investing resource in zones visited only once by the vast majority of the players.
    How about we let the parenting of kids to... their parents? No, seriously, World of Warcraft is a videogame. Gaming it's supposed to be a fun activity (if you have that fun through challenges, social interactions, etc is completely up to you). Not some kind of "School of Hard Knocks about the Real World".

High Overlord
    I will trade you having to retake razor hill for the cat quest any day. I cannot speak for anyone else but personally after playing horde so long its nice to do quests on the other side once in awhile.

not reading that entire wall of text.

prolly some well written glibberish text.
    the reason i am posting is just a reply to the topic itself.

yes players have the right to be angry. but for what? and why?
    cuz you are not happy with it. does not mean every player is.
    am i happy with current state of the game and what is coming?
    yes im pleased so far. just at start we were "forced" to do the daily ugh quests. tho i hardly did them.

TBH im pretty much happy how blizz has worked with MoP till so far. cant wait till the finish and killing Garrosh. on my HUMAN warlock.
    and then doing it again on my troll hunter. the troll might need some new gear tho

k im done

Read the damn thing xD Don't just post without knowing xD

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Read what you have wrote basically you are saying that alot of alliance players are dissatisfied because blizzard don't revamp again the entire world to show alliance victories; true and this is why they will never be satisfied because blizzard never gonna do again the cata mistake of investing resource in zones visited only once by the vast majority of the players.
    well they did show the destruction of Theramore. and Theramore was a very good city, alot of Alliance players liked it.

so basically Blizzard took Theramore away from the Alliance and gave them Dalaran, the bad part is that NOBODY is going to set foot on an alliance-controled Dalaran in-game.

so in the end Alliance is left with one town less. I personally don't care if we let Thrall or anyone else finish Garrosh off, they can eat sh.. and die for all I care.

Blizzard needs to show Alliance victories in game.

let me brief you on what happened during Cata :

the Forsaken nearly screwed the Alliance over. they took Andorhal and sent us running back to our small camp to the south, they attacked Gilneas and while they got briefly owned by the Worgen the forsaken manage to hold Darius' daughter hostage and force him to retreat and now some even say Gilneas is under attack by the forsaken. the forsaken also took southshore and turned it into a pile of green filth, theres nothing much left for Alliance in Lordaeron except for Aerie Peak. I should also mention that they killed and ressurected the heir of Stromgarde, there goes our hopes of retaking Stromgarde.

the Alliance on the other hand invaded Barrens, cool! but guess what? we lost Theramore in the proccess and now Blizzard has told us that after the siege of Orgrimmar Alliance will retreat from Orc lands...but they get nothing in return. I mean really? is it just me who thinks Alliance is getting screwed over and over with no apparent retaliation in-game?

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    not reading that entire wall of text.

prolly some well written glibberish text.
    the reason i am posting is just a reply to the topic itself.

yes players have the right to be angry. but for what? and why?
    cuz you are not happy with it. does not mean every player is.
    am i happy with current state of the game and what is coming?
    yes im pleased so far. just at start we were "forced" to do the daily ugh quests. tho i hardly did them.

TBH im pretty much happy how blizz has worked with MoP till so far. cant wait till the finish and killing Garrosh. on my HUMAN warlock.
    and then doing it again on my troll hunter. the troll might need some new gear tho

k im done
    didn't read first post?
    let me make it simple
    horde get epic lore quest while alliance get dump down lore quest
    horde answer: but you get to kill our former warchief! so you should shut up even if you didn't get any lore/good quest at all(example 5.3 patch)

So the alliance get to help(beg) the horde to kill garrosh and shitty quest lore for 2 expansions
    while horde get full epic lore quests in 2 expansions and kill garrosh= fair deal from horde point of view
    (horde = main force // alliance = side kick)
    Last edited by greeeed; 2013-08-20 at 11:23 PM.

I'm about to re-post this in the wow forums.

Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    didn't read first post?
    let me make it simple
    horde get epic lore quest while alliance get dump down lore quest
    horde answer: but you get to kill our former warchief! so you should shut up even if you didn't get any lore/good quest at all(example 5.3 patch)

So the alliance get to help(beg) the horde to kill garrosh and shitty quest lore for 2 expansions
    while horde get full epic lore quests in 2 expansions and kill garrosh= fair deal from horde point of view
    (horde = main force // alliance = side kick)
    No, you should shut up because you did get good lore quests and you're suffering from a debilitating "grass is greener" complex.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    ...and now Blizzard has told us that after the siege of Orgrimmar Alliance will retreat from Orc lands...but they get nothing in return.
    Um... was this really confirmed? Any quote or link would be very welcome, as I cannot wrap my mind around such 'revelation'.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    ...and now Blizzard has told us that after the siege of Orgrimmar Alliance will retreat from Orc lands...but they get nothing in return. I mean really? is it just me who thinks Alliance is getting screwed over and over with no apparent retaliation in-game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine de Coolette View Post
    Um... was this really confirmed? Any quote or link would be very welcome, as I cannot wrap my mind around such 'revelation'.
    Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Will the other leaders give Varian flak for going over their heads in the letting the horde go with no reparations made from them
    Just because we don't take ten minutes to show negotiations doesn't mean there's no reparations. (Source)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    No, you should shut up because you did get good lore quests and you're suffering from a debilitating "grass is greener" complex.
    can you tell me one quest we have better than horde quest?

for me I can prove that horde quest million time better than alliance quest
    let me see
    we get drunk dwarf talking non-stop
    while horde get epic ships fleet phase quest ( because programmer was working on horde quest sop hard that they forget about alliance quest)

we get cat helping random troll(from alliance pov) and begging Vol'jin to help him
    while horde get rebellion battle against garrosh ( garrosh try to kill Vol'jin and terminate his tribe)

we lost in 90% our in game quest in last 2 expansions (if we they let us win than they make us look like an asshole winner)
    horde win 90% of their in game quest in last 2 expansions

do i need to say more?

P.S.: unless you mean good "alliance" quest = listen to drunk dwarf talking non-stop
    Last edited by greeeed; 2013-08-21 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    When a historically hostile faction busts into your house without explanation, you have every right to defend yourself and fight back. Jaina put Vereesa and the Silver Covenant in charge of the purge, Jaina knew exactly how it would devolve into a massacre. She even invited Stormwind troops into the city for it. Why didn't she use neutral Kirin Tor forces to do the purge. You know, people that aren't hostile to the Sunreavers to make the whole thing less confrontational so as not to escalate things into so much violence.
    Because it was violent retaliation, that's the point. It's harsh, it's hard to stomach; but it was the point. If you fight back (even rightfully so), you are going to get killed.

And no, stop with the massacre thing. IT WASN'T, Dalaran streets didn't run red with blood. Only the people that opposed violently were put through the sword, the order was incarceration. Jaina herself just sends people to the Hold. There were casualties, it was violent, but it wasn't a massacre.

No they didn't. They were trying to leave the Horde and join the Alliance. Garrosh found out and set them up to sabotage their negotiations.
    Negotiations that were not public information, Only Varian and Lor'themar knew about this. It only makes sense. If the Sunreavers had been privy of Theron's talks, why keep it a secret from the rest of the Kirin Tor when it would have helped? The only reason is that as Varian chose not to communicate Jaina, Theron had his reasons to keep the Sunreavers in the dark (Not trusting Aethas and/or the possibility of spies are good reasons)

Fact is, the Sunreavers didn't know of the talks. They weren't trying to leave the horde and join the Alliance. If anything, his continued support of the horde even beyond the Northrend war suggest they are quite happy serving the horde.

And aiding the Alliance in their stand against Garrosh was neutral?
    If you are referring to the Kirin Tor deployment in Theramore, it really means nothing to this situation. When Jaina was chosen as the leader, she made clear they would strive for neutrality and would not tolerate insubordination, and after Theramoore, I doubt her punishment would have been light. And I doubt even more that the Sunreavers didn't know where they stood.

I don't know about you, but i sure went all "shrug pump mode" for the Alliance this expansion...

It was a good expansion, mind me, just not what i was expecting regarding the Alliance lore development..

P.S.: I believe Dalaran did a wrong turn somewhere, after we were told it was on the move (post purge).
    Disclaimer: The majority of my posts might be dripping in sarcasm. Don't take everything I say literally.

Quote Originally Posted by seije View Post
    but seriously, I could handle all the crap the Alliance has taken from the horde if we could just get our (few) victories actually represented in game. Where the hell is Dalaran? If they can make Thrall be in 50+ places at once, I see no reason why Blizz can't implement 2 separate Dalarans: the first in northrend in its time'locked state, and the other floating above Theramore Crater. Through phasing, the horde has kept nearly every victory they've ever accomplished in WoW. Why can't the alliance keep its one damned thing it gained in MoP?
    Why would you want Dalaran floating over Theamore crater, never to be seen again?

There are two obvious places for Dalaran to go.

1: Dalaran Crater as it still has interests there. Along with Gilneas and Arathi this would herald the start of the Alliance move against the Forsaken. Plenty of story opportunity there.

2: More likely - some place to do with the next XPac; Kul Tiras.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine de Coolette View Post
    Essentially. Apparently, the Alliance retreat with nothing gained or restored and instead of celebrating the liberation of occupied Alliance territories are content to forgive and forget and allow the Horde to pay "reparations" in compensation for the deaths of tens of thousands of Alliance citizens and the continued occupation of Alliance territories.

Word is, the Alliance does get a warm glow of moral superiority from this Lawful Stupid action.

And people wonder why the Alliance has no sense of faction pride.

EJL

Varian's been taking credit away from players since he was re-introduced to the game by stealing the Onyxia kill lore-wise. Blizzard's been bumbling around with his story just to give the Alliance some kind of figurehead. But it's to be expected. Metzen was just hired to come up with brief, basic character designs and backstories to motivate a RTS that lost its Warhammer licensing. Granted he's done quite well borrowing from other series and even had some neat ideas of his own, but it's not like this is an award winning team of novelists. It's just humans and orcs who don't like each other with everything else tossed in to bloat up the story to make it seem deep and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    I don't know about you, but i sure went all "shrug pump mode" for the Alliance this expansion...

It was a good expansion, mind me, just not what i was expecting regarding the Alliance lore development..

P.S.: I believe Dalaran did a wrong turn somewhere, after we were told it was on the move (post purge).

"I believe it's a left turn here."

<BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP>

"No you idiot! It's a right turn here!"

<BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP>

<Dalaran cruising over the Lost Isles>

<BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP>

<Dalaran cruising over Azuremyst>

<BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP>

"..Wait. Haven't we been here before?"

<BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP>

"Oh GREAT, Jaina. We're lost now. GOOD ***** JOB!"
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Negotiations that were not public information, Only Varian and Lor'themar knew about this. It only makes sense. If the Sunreavers had been privy of Theron's talks, why keep it a secret from the rest of the Kirin Tor when it would have helped? The only reason is that as Varian chose not to communicate Jaina, Theron had his reasons to keep the Sunreavers in the dark (Not trusting Aethas and/or the possibility of spies are good reasons)

Fact is, the Sunreavers didn't know of the talks. They weren't trying to leave the horde and join the Alliance. If anything, his continued support of the horde even beyond the Northrend war suggest they are quite happy serving the horde.
    The leader of the Sunreavers is all about leaving the Horde. Archmage Aethas Sunreaver yells: Enough Rommath! The Sin'dorei must be free from the yoke of the Horde!

In the same mission Lor'themar says: "Know this: I won't stand idle if the Horde interests conflict with those of my people. I may reconsider old Alliances. voices his complaints about Garrosh."

Not long after, Lor'themar began negotiations with the Alliance.

If you are referring to the Kirin Tor deployment in Theramore, it really means nothing to this situation. When Jaina was chosen as the leader, she made clear they would strive for neutrality and would not tolerate insubordination, and after Theramoore, I doubt her punishment would have been light. And I doubt even more that the Sunreavers didn't know where they stood.
    When Jaina was chosen as the leader, she said, "I will continue to believe, as I know many here do, that this world cannot be safe with Garrosh Hellscream as the leader of the Horde." Not exactly neutral. Fortifying Darnassus and personally patrolling the city wasn't neutral either.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it was violent retaliation, that's the point. It's harsh, it's hard to stomach; but it was the point. If you fight back (even rightfully so), you are going to get killed.

And no, stop with the massacre thing. IT WASN'T, Dalaran streets didn't run red with blood. Only the people that opposed violently were put through the sword, the order was incarceration. Jaina herself just sends people to the Hold. There were casualties, it was violent, but it wasn't a massacre.
    Those civilians weren't running terrified through the streets because Jaina was handing out ice cream...
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)