Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    The Lightbringer OzoAndIndi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    3,416
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    making valid points about the story, and voicing their complaints with the directions their faction has taken
    Look, art reflecting life in a world out of anyone's actual control.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The Alliance get to raid the capital city of the Horde. I would've loved to raid Stormwind and kill Varian as the final boss...
    Don't you just love them when they said that?
    because alliance will help horde to raid garrosh so we should not get any good quest or lore in game...
    (not great or epic quest just good one... and we are not allowed to even have that...)

  3. #43
    Mechagnome Akarui's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The middle of nowhere
    Posts
    709
    This is an asinine thread...

    If I liked to pretend I lived in Azzeroth and was actually a member of the Alliance sure I'd share a view as the OP. But this is real life.

    Also there is no faction bias in lore, there is only straight up story, enjoy the epic rise and fall of Garrosh the son of Grom, who made the same mistakes his farther did with no redemption. Also witness the growth of a king once rash and somewhat idiotic, now wise and true.

    It's a story you can't make a compelling story without connecting to one faction then giving them equal blows, that's just not how war works I'm afraid...
    “4chan once took on the FBI and won,” a Brony told the New York Observer, “so you might say that My Little Pony is more powerful than the FBI.” Sethisto

  4. #44
    Immortal Tierbook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    7,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Can't believe threads like these...in Cata u whined Deathwing for attacking Stormwind and now for a raid doing worse to Orgrimmar, can u make up ur minds??...
    the difference is that SW is still repairing from the effects of DW org probably wont change much and if it does it will be done immediatly most likely
    You're a fine example of how gamer communities have become infested with endlessly whining and bitching, arrogant, opinionated, unreasonable, all the way immature, completely delusional, tendentially psychotic, insulting individuals one really doesn't want to be linked with. And playing with you guys is certainly no fun at all. I don't know where this kind of folks spawns from. Must be a nest somewhere ...
    A fine summarization of the community

  5. #45
    Warchief Shroud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Google it
    Posts
    2,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Akarui View Post
    This is an asinine thread...

    If I liked to pretend I lived in Azzeroth and was actually a member of the Alliance sure I'd share a view as the OP. But this is real life.

    Also there is no faction bias in lore, there is only straight up story, enjoy the epic rise and fall of Garrosh the son of Grom, who made the same mistakes his farther did with no redemption. Also witness the growth of a king once rash and somewhat idiotic, now wise and true.

    It's a story you can't make a compelling story without connecting to one faction then giving them equal blows, that's just not how war works I'm afraid...
    You don't need equal blows you just need to write good stories for both sides you can have the Alliance being pushed back but make it interesting vice versa with the Horde having inner conflicts about Leadership.Which Blizzard has dropped the ball on both sides.

    5.3 was horrible for Alliance compared to watching Thrall,Voljin and Chen fight for Razor Hill.Thrall being a semi-replacement for the Earth-warder(in Cataclysm) to use the Dragon/Demon Soul.Even as a Horde/Alliance player I groaned at that shit.
    Last edited by Shroud; 2013-08-17 at 11:57 PM.

  6. #46
    Scarab Lord Kazomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    4,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    You don't have a right to anything. Blizzard make this game and they can write whatever the fuck they want, if you don't like it, leave.

    I'm also an alliance player.
    Thats not an argument and i'm pretty sure it's a fallacy. And I too am commiting a Fallacy now because i cannot name wich one of the fallacies you commited.
    Basically "if you dont like it, leave" is not the best argument you could come up with, as it is just defending bad decisions made by blizzard.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And im pretty sure it's:
    The Alliance is Helping the Horde invade the Evil Horde's capital for no logical reason whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    rogue "glory hole helm"

  7. #47
    Warchief Shroud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Google it
    Posts
    2,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Thats not an argument and i'm pretty sure it's a fallacy. And I too am commiting a Fallacy now because i cannot name wich one of the fallacies you commited.
    Basically "if you dont like it, leave" is not the best argument you could come up with, as it is just defending bad decisions made by blizzard.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And im pretty sure it's:
    The Alliance is Helping the Horde invade the Evil Horde's capital for no logical reason whatsoever.
    I wish the bombing of the harbor wasn't a dream vision it would of gave the Alliance a solid reason to fight back another missed opportunity for Blizzard.
    Last edited by Shroud; 2013-08-18 at 12:03 AM.

  8. #48
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    640
    As an Alliance player, our lore could use some work. However, both sides have it pretty bad. The Horde is losing the greatest Warchief they'll ever have, and so I'll fully respect Blizzard's decisions for Alliance.

  9. #49
    Entitlement.

  10. #50
    So, we've got an expansion in which one faction is subjected to the following:

    * Over half the members are told to leave the capital.
    * The faction leader ends up being the last boss of the entire expansion, and all players swarm to destroy your leader
    * Your faction is responsible for large amounts of reprehensible damage
    * Your faction has its capital raided (in part) by the enemy faction compulsorily
    * You end up fighting your own people _just to keep stuff you've had for 10 years already_, by the way it's all SHACKS

    I could go on and on, but while the "horde" (as in, the fictional sovereign entity) gets a lot of attention its all "point our fingers and shake our heads at the jackass" attention, like the class clown. Individual players end up being a part of the "straight up, you're the problem" category, and are still expected to turn around and participate in blowing up their own nations.

    Yeah, there's a bias towards the Horde in MoP. It's a bias towards hating us and making us pay for things we weren't necessarily party to. It's like the turned us into the Axis from WWII. Yeah, thanks, I'm glad we got so much "attention", whereas the Alliance is made out to be level-headed world-saviors.

    So why all the complaining from Alliance again? You've been painted as the good guys, even if the paint wasn't very bright. Horde has essentially recieved a great-big, fresh, semi-permanent coat of neon-orange swastikas.

    Please, take the attention back.

  11. #51
    Scarab Lord Kazomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    4,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    I wish the bombing of the harbor wasn't a dream vision it would of gave the Alliance a solid reason to fight back another missed opportunity for Blizzard.
    Alltough it will make the alliance fanboys cry and make things worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    rogue "glory hole helm"

  12. #52
    ..I just want a reason to like Varian

  13. #53
    Warchief Shroud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Google it
    Posts
    2,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Alltough it will make the alliance fanboys cry and make things worse.
    Then apparently they are not true Alliance fans in the first place(opinion).Even though I am still torn up about the park(pave over it or something jeeze) again this would be a good thing story wise but like you said Whiners(that includes Horde Whiners too)

  14. #54
    High Overlord riccaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Shadow Moses
    Posts
    125
    Well no, just no.. Horde losing their Warchief and bringing all the destruction throughout Pandaland doesn't give alliance players right to be upset because in all honesty that puts the horde in a very bad light and talking about Jaina, she's finally not a dull little girl anymore, she's badass so congratulations The Alliance!

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerOnly View Post
    So, we've got an expansion in which one faction is subjected to the following:

    * Over half the members are told to leave the capital.
    * The faction leader ends up being the last boss of the entire expansion, and all players swarm to destroy your leader
    * Your faction is responsible for large amounts of reprehensible damage
    * Your faction has its capital raided (in part) by the enemy faction compulsorily
    * You end up fighting your own people _just to keep stuff you've had for 10 years already_, by the way it's all SHACKS

    I could go on and on, but while the "horde" (as in, the fictional sovereign entity) gets a lot of attention its all "point our fingers and shake our heads at the jackass" attention, like the class clown. Individual players end up being a part of the "straight up, you're the problem" category, and are still expected to turn around and participate in blowing up their own nations.

    Yeah, there's a bias towards the Horde in MoP. It's a bias towards hating us and making us pay for things we weren't necessarily party to. It's like the turned us into the Axis from WWII. Yeah, thanks, I'm glad we got so much "attention", whereas the Alliance is made out to be level-headed world-saviors.

    So why all the complaining from Alliance again? You've been painted as the good guys, even if the paint wasn't very bright. Horde has essentially recieved a great-big, fresh, semi-permanent coat of neon-orange swastikas.

    Please, take the attention back.
    We'd love to take the attention back.

    But instead we get stuck with quests where we control a mechanical cat to free our enemies and decide to help them while ignoring all the horrible things they've done.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    We'd love to take the attention back.

    But instead we get stuck with quests where we control a mechanical cat to free our enemies and decide to help them while ignoring all the horrible things they've done.
    Personally, i'd be glad to turn into a panther and help the zandalari join the horde, than spend 2 years watching my faction implode and then help the opposite faction defeat us in a battle.

    shrug, ymmv

  17. #57
    You have a right to be annoyed yes, but look I don't see this quite as much HERE, but I post on the official story forums I have seen and made threads that have nothing to do with Alliance V Horde content or anything like that and it STILL gets derailed in Alliance complaining about being neglected, that just gets taxing on me. It's kinda sullied my view of Alliance players in general at this point.

    Just to add, I actually remember a lot of complaining on the Alliance side when the High King thing was first talked about, I feel that might be part of the reason it went from being planed as a big epic quest chain to just a couple of scenarios.
    Last edited by Mgann-Morzz; 2013-08-18 at 12:29 AM.

  18. #58
    Matthew Rossi said it the best over at WoWinsider.

    The problem with attacking the Horde and Alliance storytelling is that the Alliance don't really need a huge story or reason to siege Orgrimmar, while the Horde do.
    So, Blizzard has to focus on the Horde in order for the story to make sense for half of their playerbases actions. But, they need to do more for Alliance story.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I bet you would....


    But would you love aiding a bunch of Alliance Rebels led by Jaina kill an Old God serving Varian and then leave without having any sort of indication you made progress after losing 1/4 of your faction's territory the previous expansion?

    That's the position the Alliance is in. It's not a fist pumping moment of invading Org and slaying Garrosh. It's helping Thrall save the world... again.
    That's weird the Horde didn't ask for land back when they helped kill the Lich King. He was Alliance at one point if we're going to play the "Garrosh is the horde" card over and over again when he clearly states he is not.

  20. #60
    I think people can take it either way about the alliance's involvement this expansion.
    I can understand people getting angry due to lack of storyline for alliance but at the same time can't they be happy that the alliance hasn't fallen to shit like the horde has? If anything it feels like the horde actually need the alliance. That's a huge debt the horde owes to the Alliance.
    Last edited by Grand Crusader Absalom; 2013-08-18 at 12:36 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •