Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This is easy to overcome. Play both factions. See content on both sides, stop crying about missing out/one side being favored.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    No thanks, the statue in Burning Steppes is bad enough to look at, how much more ego massage does the alliance need?

.. How much has it gotten so far, rofl?
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    That's a pretty good idea as long as one faction's materials aren't going to the other faction's city rebuild.
    I'd expect it to be like Isle of Thunder where your participation as a server opens it for your faction further, but also with a timed unlock in case of very small severs so they don't have to suffer the cities never getting finished.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    No thanks, the statue in Burning Steppes is bad enough to look at, how much more ego massage does the alliance need?
    Statue in the Burning Steppes? You know that's from ages ago before Ragnaros kersploded the area, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is easy to overcome. Play both factions. See content on both sides, stop crying about missing out/one side being favored.
    I did start a goblin to see the Cataclym content. It just smacked me more clearly in the face how awesomely dominant the quests felt kicking the crap out of the Night Elves and taking their settlements, seeing their former shop keepers and NPC corpses littering the area of my victory. It just sort of furthered the sharp contrast to me.

My solution to the problem is.....the races of Eorzea are united against the Galean Empire, so I'm going to put my efforts into supporting that story mostly.

The arbitrarily split player base has been a bad idea for MMO design in my opinion.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

You compared the Silver Covenant allaince HIGH elves and the Kirin tor to the Combined army of the Sunreavers AND bloodelves? We have a Meta faction facing off against an ENTIRE faction. I'd say allaince had some pretty huge gains this expac and I wish I was still one of the faction.

Nevermind Allaince has MORE factions and MORE leaders. Jaina and Anduin pretty much double as extra faction leaders. Velen is a pretty cool faction leader who is prolly gonna get huge amounts of spotlight when the Legion expansion hits. And you know what? Horde elves are gonna blow his dick and bow to him because he is pretty much the only reason the sunwell is working again.

Nevermind the generals some madeup no name bloodelf Lt. VS Veressa Windrunner.

the BULK of the entire horde faction is orcs. I'm pretty sure the orc population on the planet after this rebellion would drop about 70% + executions of rebels or casualties gained. The Horde is SHIT post MoP. It's completely ruins my lore centric enjoyment for playing the game outside raids to be part of such an inept mudhut faction.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-08-29 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'd expect it to be like Isle of Thunder where your participation as a server opens it for your faction further, but also with a timed unlock in case of very small severs so they don't have to suffer the cities never getting finished.

- - - Updated - - -

Statue in the Burning Steppes? You know that's from ages ago before Ragnaros kersploded the area, right?

- - - Updated - - -

I did start a goblin to see the Cataclym content. It just smacked me more clearly in the face how awesomely dominant the quests felt kicking the crap out of the Night Elves and taking their settlements, seeing their former shop keepers and NPC corpses littering the area of my victory. It just sort of furthered the sharp contrast to me.

My solution to the problem is.....the races of Eorzea are united against the Galean Empire, so I'm going to put my efforts into supporting that story mostly.

The arbitrarily split player base has been a bad idea for MMO design in my opinion.
    Well...have fun I suppose?

The split factions = reason I got interested in WoW to begin with, it was a new concept to me and obviously has been working for 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    .. How much has it gotten so far, rofl?
    We Alliance players have been too greedy.
    We may have lost a lot, but the Horde has lost all that they stood for.

Camp Taurajo.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    It's completely ruins my lore centric enjoyment for playing the game outside raids to be part of such an inept mudhut faction.
    I can't help but lol. Seriously, if it's that important, then move to what you consider to be "the winning team" or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Well...have fun I suppose?

The split factions = reason I got interested in WoW to begin with, it was a new concept to me and obviously has been working for 8 years.
    It's been passable for 8 years, but it's starting to show its issues. It's simply more difficult to write 2 separate and complete stories with both sides against one another yet maintain either to remain balanced to the other's development. The story just suffers for it and the solution should not be "well, play the other side."

You can certainly develop a strong PvP system and have players at odds with one another without dictating the playerbase be split and breed animosity amongst them.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not taking my ball and going home and never touching WoW again. But going forward, my usual excitement for patches is replaced with a plan to do a weekly quest for Timeless Isle, see LFR to its conclusion once, and quit WoW til the expansion. This would be the first time I've EVER cancelled the account since 2005 for any lapse at all. The failures to capitalize on what I've seen as easy lay ups in the story have just sort of left me apathetic to pursuing it like I used to. And I'll be quite honest.....it makes me a little sad to not be more excited for a patch.

Hoping Blizzcon knocks my freakin' socks off, though.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2013-08-29 at 09:55 PM.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    We Alliance players have been too greedy.
    We may have lost a lot, but the Horde has lost all that they stood for.

Camp Taurajo.

Pfffaaahahaa. I actually laughed there.

A lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    I would understand why we can't due to gameplay reasons if the opposite is true. Gameplay trumps lore and reason.
    Doesn't change the fact that 90% of the players telling the Alliance to shut upo, quit whining, be happy and they should indeed be jumping up in the air in joy at having to kill the Warchief would be complaining at least as much as Alliance players if the situations were reversed.

And as Alliance players do now, they'd have a point.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that 90% of the players telling the Alliance to shut upo, quit whining, be happy and they should indeed be jumping up in the air in joy at having to kill the Warchief would be complaining at least as much as Alliance players if the situations were reversed.

And as Alliance players do now, they'd have a point.

EJL
    That is a strictly hypothetical situation [seriously, how likely it is for Horde to suddenly have their content written as an afterthought now that the momentum of inspiration has only increased?]. hence it is hard to employ in an argument.

Though I do remember how - back in the days of Worgen 'no-mount' controversy - some of the vocal Hordies decided to counter the 'whining' with their BAWWWW-ing about how Tauren had no mounts and were forced to prance around for a good moment before they picked up the travelling speed -which still could be broken, forcing them to resume their warm up stroll.

Having arrived mid-TBC, I figured that this was a valid complaint as I came to believe that this was an issue back in Vanilla. But sometime later I found out that this initial Tauren 'no mount' controversy took place... in WoW beta, only to be fixed before the release due to complaints.

The statue of Lothar was built at the end of the second war to commeorate the alliance victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Psure a lot of Alliance fans will cry "Horde bias" at Orgrimmar getting so many makeovers while SW still has a smoking crater.
    Do the same with Menethil Harbor, Ironforge, Exodar. There are SO MANY ways to this right.

--=="The Light and How To Swing It"==--

Same thing happened for the Horde in Fenris Keep... by pulling the rug out from under the Horde player with a "We won!!! Now retreat!!!" turnaround and the use of a Deus Ex Machina (Worgen curse) to grant victory.
    Wow. You keep surprising me with ridiculous comments and fallacious comparisons.
    Men, you've trained for this. You're among the elite. You are Skyfire men! This is the ship that took down Deathwing. You think some raggedy little Horde outpost stands a chance against the pride of the Alliance fleet? NO! Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore. It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!
    Sky Admiral Rogers for High Queen. Remember Theramore!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Wow. You keep surprising me with ridiculous comments and fallacious comparisons.
    You must strike at their leaders, <name>. You will find them holed up in the old keep. Battle your way inside and find the holdouts! Turn them for your queen!

None shall escape the mighty grasp of the Forsaken!

Agatha says: This way, <name>. We will take them by surprise.
    Caretaker Smithers, Phin Odelic, Henry Maleb, Sophia Zowski, Bartolo Ginsetti and Loremaster Dibbs are in a meeting with Lord Darius Crowley and Ivar Bloodfang.
    Lord Darius Crowley says: The Forsaken have broken through your defenses, magistrate.
    Lord Darius Crowley says: You are out of time.
    Lord Darius Crowley says: A decision must be made.
    Lord Darius Crowley says: Die in battle and be raised as a servant of the Forsaken or...
    Lord Darius Crowley says: Drink my blood and be reborn as worgen, immune to the depravity of the Forsaken.
    Lord Darius Crowley says: Help us destroy the Forsaken and retake Lordaeron for the Alliance!
    Magistrate Henry Maleb says: We would rather die than be turned into worgen, but seeing as how even death provides no relief from the atrocities of this war...
    Magistrate Henry Maleb says: We choose vengeance!
    Maleb and the other members of the leadership grabs a vial of worgen blood and promptly drinks it, turning them into worgen.
    Agatha says: Run...!
    Agatha says: RUN!
    Agatha grabs you and flies you out of the keep while worgen attempts to kill Agatha.

You were saying?

BTW, that's a nice biased sig you got there. "Massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore"... except the part where the civilians escaped Theramore. Espousing a character's quote who is plain lying through her teeth to promote propaganda.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-30 at 05:02 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine de Coolette View Post
    That is a strictly hypothetical situation [seriously, how likely it is for Horde to suddenly have their content written as an afterthought now that the momentum of inspiration has only increased?]. hence it is hard to employ in an argument.
    No. Its not. If the Horde players had been subjected to the same treatment as Alliance players, then they would be complaining right now as well. If the next Xpac ends up treating the Horde the same, then the complainst will start earkly and grwo and grwo...just as Alliance players did.

This isn't a hypothetical.

Further, I note with interest that you DO acknowledge the Alliance story as an "afterthought".

BTW, that's a nice biased sig you got there. "Massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore"... except the part where the civilians escaped Theramore. Espousing a character's quote who is plain lying through her teeth to promote propaganda.
    Massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore...except those who escaped. Not everyone got out. Men, women and children did die.

And last I checked, by that stage in the game, it was actually a key plot element that humans could turn into Worgen. Was that somehow missed in your playthrough? That wasn't a Deus Ex Machina...that was a Chekovs Gun being fired. In Andorhal, the Val'kyr came out of nowhere with no setup.

EJL

I invite everyone to see the interview jessy cox did with one of the lore dudes behind wow.. When questioned about the QQ some ally players were doing about their fist pumping moment and the dude was desperate.. He was like "What more do you possibly want?"

The horde have lost in every front in MoP.. We get our city destroyed and sieged by aliance forces.. We lose our elite krokron force and we will have a LOT of civilian casualties.. On the other hand you have the aliance all united under a strong leader beloved by all.. With other strong faction leaders and that at the end of this all will return home victorious..

And still u see ally fanboys QQing about theramore and how they need more compensation.. Lol.. Just make a petition to erase the horde.. And even so there would be outcries because only the horde would get the expirience of being destroyed and the forums would be filled with QQ blizz obvious horde fanboys..

Massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore...except those who escaped. Not everyone got out. Men, women and children did die.
    Nope. She's completely lying. Everyone who stayed, stayed to fight. That makes them combatants.

Shortly after the arrival of the 7th fleet, Jaina had insisted that one ship, the Starsword, be dispatched to bear the civilians of the city who wished to leave to safety. All of the children went aboard, and many of their families. Others chose to stay. It was their home; they loved it as Jaina did and wanted to defend it.
    --Tides of War

And last I checked, by that stage in the game, it was actually a key plot element that humans could turn into Worgen. Was that somehow missed in your playthrough? That wasn't a Deus Ex Machina...that was a Chekovs Gun being fired. In Andorhal, the Val'kyr came out of nowhere with no setup.
    Sylvanas already had Val'kyr long before Andorhal.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-30 at 05:50 PM.
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?

Nope. She's completely lying. Everyone who stayed, stayed to fight. That makes them combatants.
    Even the children? Because looking at the graveyard outside, children did die. It would, after all, be impossible for a single ship to carry out everyone who wanted to go. Theramore was a fairly large city.

Sylvanas already had Val'kyr long before Andorhal.
    And the Alliance player running through his campiagn met them where? Had news of them from what point onwards?

EJL

Even the children? Because looking at the graveyard outside, children did die. It would, after all, be impossible for a single ship to carry out everyone who wanted to go. Theramore was a fairly large city.
    "All the children went aboard."
    --Tides of War

Also says anyone who wished to leave. Says nothing about space restrictions.