Page 1 of 36
... LastLast

Alliance players have a right to be angry with MoP

Almost every thread that has something to do either the factions, or SoO's story line, is derailed into a 'whine' thread. When I say whine, I mean that leniently. Because I don't often see whining. Instead, I see players making valid points about the story, and voicing their complaints with the directions their faction has taken, and getting their opinions unnoticed, because anytime an Alliance player says something they don't like, its a whine.

Now, that is not to say that we don't have a lot of Alliance babies, because we have them. A LOT of them. But why are they there? Do they all just jump on the bandwagon to complain? Maybe, or maybe a lot of them are pissed off at what they see as a blatant lie on Blizzard's fault.

We were told in Blizzcon 2011 that MoP would be the expansion where Alliance will take charge, and get back at the Horde for what they did in Wrath and Cata (insert Fist Pumping Moment). We were told we would have a leader that we could all be inspired about, who would earn each races favour in a number of trials. We were told we would be storming the Horde capital to take out Garrosh Hellscream for our own reasons.

None of the above happened, or if they did, they were done in a very poor, rushed manner.

1) Fist Pumping Moment: We entered Pandaria strong, and Jade Forest was an Alliance victory (though not a big one). We had no advancement in the faction war until 5.1. 5.1 was the only patch that focused only on the war. This was the patch where Dalaran would finally come back to the Alliance, after being hinted at in ToW. But what happened?

Horde got the better side of the story, hands down. I've played both. Alliance gets some good moments, but for the most part talk to only Anduin, Jaina, Varian and a random dwarf. Horde get involved with every faction leader aside from Sylvanas and Gallywix (who?). The purge of Dalaran ended up being pointless, as in 5.2, the Sunreavers are shown to be an equally powerful faction compared to both the Kirin Tor and Silver Covenant. Also, Dalaran is never seen ingame, and we have to mention or hint as to whether or not it ever will.

So the 'Fist Pumping Moment' of the expansion? We get the worse side of the story and two factions that are the same strength as the one that the Horde got.

Then we had 5.3. This was a pathetic excuse for a patch. There is no reason, NONE AT ALL, that a company like Blizzard can release such an unfinished patch, that completely shafts half of the player base, in favour of the Horde story. I was looking on MMO-C everyday until this patch released, because I kept thinking, 'surely they are going to add something else in? A cat and two useless NPC's? This is what we get?'. But no.

2) 'High King': I was surely not the only one, who when Blizzard announced the trials, was thinking of something epic. Questing alongside Varian and Tyrande in Ashevale? Varian and Genn in Gilneas? Helping the Gnomes in Gnomer? There was so much possibilities.

But, nope. Instead, we got two scenarios. One, we have both leaders just sit there and take credit for our work while they bicker. In the other, we have the Dark Iron leader, a leader who had every right to be distrusted, a leader who has in no point in the past shown loyalty to the Alliance, doing some work on the final boss. Our High King? In both scenarios, he stands back, talks, and takes credit.

What did this end up doing? It made a lot of the Alliance players hate Varian. The exact opposite of what they were supposed to do. This is aside from the nonsense that is the story of these scenarios. Why did Tyrande come to Pandaria, appear only once, and leave? Why were the Bronzebeard and Wildhammer dwarves made out to be the bad guys, when they had every reason not to trust the Dark Iron?

Now, all of a sudden Varian is the High King. He is nothing like Lothar. He didn't earn his spot, he didn't show the players or other races why he should lead. Instead, we are told that he is now the commander of the Alliance, and are expected to like it.

3) Siege of Orgrimmar: Given, 5.4 isn't released yet, but we all know what will happen. Horde will have more of a reason to be there, a Horde NPC will most likely score the killing blow, and the Alliance will just up and leave, with no reason to do so.

Why is the Alliance here? I understand Garrosh is a serious threat, and by the end of the fight will be unimaginably powerful. But, why shouldn't we just let the Horde go and kill themselves, then attack? Why do we HAVE to siege with them? Because all of a sudden, everything that ever happened under the Horde banner was because of Garrosh?

Why are we just leaving? Oh, because it will cause dissent in the Alliance later on. But lets be realistic. How much times have we been told that our story is going to get better. How much times have we been told our moment will come?

We are told that Alliance will be leading the next expansion more powerful than ever, while the Horde will have to pick itself up. I would not hold my breathe. Blizzard is clearly dangling a carrot on a stick in front of us, and despite what they say, they do find the Horde more interesting.

I'm sorry, I don't usually rant, but I'm just getting tired of seeing any Alliance player who raises their hand in objection get shot down because they are babies. Besides, it's Blizzards fault these babies were born.

Deleted
    You've got very good points and I agree with you fully. Remember in the PTR when Vol'jin talked down to the Alliance like an owner to a dog that just shat on his new velvet carpet? We were supposed to just take that and then happily help him with his rebellion until such a large outcry from the Alliance players had Blizzard enter in just one option where players could talk back to him and make him regret what he said.

So...I've played the Horde and the Alliance version of the 5.3 starting quests...Alliance run around as a mechanical cat after talking to a random NPC, see some orcs, rescue a troll for some reason. Horde repel a full assault alongside Chen, Vol'jin and Thrall on the troll village then have a counterattack on Razorhill.

Uhhh...something seems to be unbalanced?

I remember when they first spoke about the 'Trials of the High King'. They were supposed to be the 'Alliance's versions of Thrall's quests in Cataclysm that both factions completed' What happens? As this good fellow said, Varian stands behind shouting crap while we do everything, not fighting beside us, then he dissapears completely after basically saying 'Sure, you Dwarves and heroes go get yourselves killed while I go back to Stormwind' then appears later and both times takes all the credit and gets praise for doing nothing?

Tyrande was made to look like an idiot. Blizzard claims that it was to make Tyrande a lot more like she was in Warcraft 3...well first, if that was the case she would have been helping us in the scenario and also not been back shouting stuff with Varian. Heck, in comparison to Warcraft 3 Tyrande, the one showed to us in that scenario was downright pathetic. Then the Dwarves. 'No, we must stop the Dark Irons from taking the throne so we can't leave' What? Yeah, makes perfect sense. Surely the Bronzebeards and Wildhammer would refuse to stop a troll invasion of their home just because they would risk losing the throne. PERFECT SENSE!?

Then there's the Dalaran incident...yeah, killing and imprisoning fleeing Sunreaver elves is such a crowning moment in Alliance history that makes us all feel so badass and heroic.

Heck, you know they always tell us 'Don't worry guys, next expansion things are going to be super awesome.' I actually believed them with MOP, I trusted them, as did many other Alliance players. What do we get? All this crap we've mentioned.

But hey, don't worry Alliance, things are going to be super awesome when Turalyon and Alleria return and become super peace happy love horde super Alliance neutral fist pump mode.

As an Alliance player let me say that while I applaud your personal connection to the game I have to say that I'm tired of all the constant bitching and moaning about every little thing blizzard does. One person bitches that blizz loves horde because not enough alliance story in mop and the next bitches that blizz loves alliance and ruined the horde by giving them Garrosh's. no matter what they do they can't win.

Thank the heavens that every company out there that makes something doesn't have to deal with constant anonymouse windbags screaming bloody murder every time they produce something. Pepsi doesn't have to deal with this crap because if someone buys a carton of Pepsi they don't seem to fall under this diseased mindset that drinking a Pepsi makes them the worlds authority on what Pepsi Co. Should do on a corporate level.

Either relax and see where the game goes or leave. Your problem is infinitesimal in comparison to everything happening outside your door.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Why is the Alliance here? I understand Garrosh is a serious threat, and by the end of the fight will be unimaginably powerful. But, why shouldn't we just let the Horde go and kill themselves, then attack? Why do we HAVE to siege with them? Because all of a sudden, everything that ever happened under the Horde banner was because of Garrosh?
    I can't believe you're suggesting that two simultaneous attacks against Orgrimmar is worse than two separate attacks against Orgrimmar.

10+ Year Old Account
    They claimed Dalaran was our fist pump moment. Yet, they couldn't even pull that off without painting Jaina to be this terrible bitch who had no reason to do what she was doing. They ( I sort of agree with this stance a bit ) made sure the Horde got a strong POV from that.

...The Alliance POV has suffered. 5.3 didn't even exist. It doesn't even look like much will be done in 5.4 either.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Deleted
    You don't have a right to anything. Blizzard make this game and they can write whatever the fuck they want, if you don't like it, leave.

I'm also an alliance player.

post that on official forums pls..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    You don't have a right to anything. Blizzard make this game and they can write whatever the fuck they want, if you don't like it, leave.

I'm also an alliance player.
    In a game with 2 factions, one side still doesn't deserve more attention than the other. Also, Deadman Walking is a prime example who just ignores everything we say and says 'deal with it'

The Alliance get to raid the capital city of the Horde. I would've loved to raid Stormwind and kill Varian as the final boss...

So much crying by one person should be illegal...stop making posts like this. If you don't like your crappy faction, reroll.

[This post was infracted for minor spam.]
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-08-18 at 02:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    In a game with 2 factions, one side still doesn't deserve more attention than the other. Also, Deadman Walking is a prime example who just ignores everything we say and says 'deal with it'
    I'm sure it would be really hard to write a story where the faction balance is 50/50, one side will always get more attention than the other during an expansion.

If you really hate it that bad then transfer to horde? I don't seen the point in crying on forums really.

What else are you going to do than deal with it? You gonna complain on an internet forum non-stop? Blizz is shaking in its boots right now.

I think Alliance would be much happier with the game if they just accepted that they are second fiddle in this game. It's like the entire Alliance player base has battered women syndrome, they think things are going to get better even though deep down they know things will stay the same. I hate to say get over it, but please do.

dalaren is pretty standard for what the alliance does. don't want to pay the people that rebuilt your city so they leave and they send in adventurers to kill them. the orcs cross an entire ocean to a continent the alliance did not know about so they can live in peace well i guess they should launch a fleet and attack them there too.

you get to sack org the capital city of the hoard and kill the warcheaf but your gonna cry because you don't get to totally destroy the hoard
    Last edited by heroim; 2013-08-17 at 10:14 PM.

I had my fist pumping moment yesterday when I leveled my Menagerie Custodian to lv25. Speak for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    What else are you going to do than deal with it? You gonna complain on an internet forum non-stop? Blizz is shaking in its boots right now.
    You know, you are really good at complaining about complaining. Meta-complaining should be considered an art.
    Then banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except Blizz never says "Deal with it". They are one of the most compromising and on the fly change makers in the industry. And what people interpret and what actually is, are two different things. People love to bitch. And no matter what blizz does, people will bitch. There are 2 factions here. And there are two factions represented in the game, the story, and the lore. If you choose to ignore that, that's not blizzards fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    I'm sure it would be really hard to write a story where the faction balance is 50/50, one side will always get more attention than the other during an expansion.

If you really hate it that bad then transfer to horde? I don't seen the point in crying on forums really.
    I've written fanfiction that's more or less 50/50 (45/55, to be honest). It really isn't that hard. It just involves not abandoning half of your plotlines.

Deleted
    I have an awesome idea. Why don't you Whordes actually read what we've written before saying 'GTFO, GET OVER IT, LULZ DELISH ALLY TEARS, REROLL NUB LOLOLOL'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Jade Forest was an Alliance victory
    Horde allied with Hozen. Horde won.