Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that 90% of the players telling the Alliance to shut upo, quit whining, be happy and they should indeed be jumping up in the air in joy at having to kill the Warchief would be complaining at least as much as Alliance players if the situations were reversed.

And as Alliance players do now, they'd have a point.

EJL
    I'd argue it's worse for Horde. We're having to kill our leader and side with pacifists, even if we don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarry View Post
    I invite everyone to see the interview jessy cox did with one of the lore dudes behind wow.. When questioned about the QQ some ally players were doing about their fist pumping moment and the dude was desperate.. He was like "What more do you possibly want?"
    Largely - a sensible story that doesn't treat them as an after thought but actually progresses the Alliances goals, porgresses their story anbd enhances their lore and characterisation while remaining true to the established characters, and develops the faction instead of showing them as tagalongs with nothing to do in the game that doesn't involve following after the Horde.

Victory or defeat is only a side effect; it is possible to give the Alliance a good story even if they lose. But MoP showed the Alliance doing nothing to progress their own goals; they only acted to stop the Hordes and the one event the Alliance got that could have showed them being proactive, that would have showed them taking the initiative - their invasion - got sidetracked into what effectively felt like being shoehorned into the Horde story. Because the Alliance iinvasion plan was never developed as a story, the entire setup comes over as "Helping the Horde fulfil their goals" and the news the Alliance apparently leave with nothing only reinforces that. Worse, for those read the book, it comes over as "Well, this plan was an utter disaster last time. Which means he won't be expecting us to try it again!!!!"

Varian is not a Lord Rust.

Add in the sheer lack of quality of the Alliance quests and it all adds up. Even Theramore - Blizzards starting to see THAT as a mistake. And it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I'd argue it's worse for Horde. We're having to kill our leader and side with pacifists, even if we don't want to.
    A leader who has rejected us and who we have rejected. Did I feel bad at killingRend?

JL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-08-30 at 05:55 PM.

A leader who has rejected us and who we have rejected.
    Garrosh only rejects people who oppose him. If a PC would rather follow Garrosh, the game is forcing that rejection to take place.

- - - Updated - - -

And the Alliance player running through his campiagn met them where? Had news of them from what point onwards?
    I don't recall becoming worgen as an immunity to Forsakeness being brought up before the quest where they use it and force Horde to retreat. It's not even demonstrated that Val'kyr can only raise humans until a quest 6 lvls later.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-30 at 06:00 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    snip
    I guess we're ignoring the next quests. Good to know we can take stuff out of context.

What a joke.

Interesting.

I'd forgotten this. In game proof that the Forsaken are dominated and mind controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I don't recall becoming worgen as an immunity to Forsakeness being brought up before the quest where they use it and force Horde to retreat. It's not even demonstrated that Val'kyr can only raise humans until a quest 6 lvls later.
    What does that have to do with it? The humans became Worgen theme was established before. It wasn't the immunity which forced the Forsaken back - it was the Worgen.

EJL

Everyone has a right to be angry with this atrocity.

We essentially did nothing on that continent except stir shit which wouldn't have been stirred if we didn't go there.

Then we gave a guy power which we wouldn't have given him if we didn't go there.

This whole expansion is an end justifies the means expansion.

If pandaria wasn't implemented into Warcraft lore, as it shouldn't have been, this expansion's non-existence would have changed absolutely nothing in Warcraft lore - and Garrosh's overthrow would have happened sooner or later considering his courses of action.

We did NOTHING there, it was like watching the first Gulf War in World of Warcraft.
    Last edited by KungFuFanta; 2013-08-30 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I guess we're ignoring the next quests. Good to know we can take stuff out of context.

What a joke.
    You mean the next quests where Forsaken are on the defensive because tons of Worgen start pouring out of Fenris Keep? At least when the Alliance lost at Andorhal, the Forsaken didn't pour out of the town towards other Alliance bases. The dude at Chillwind Camp says it might get attacked next since they lost Andorhal... but that attack never happens.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-31 at 01:37 AM.
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)