Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post

No, I'm pretty sure the heads of liberals and conservatives are both pretty empty. That's why they play you so easily, when they really aren't all that different. Liberals like Pepsi, Conservatives like Koch.
    Fixed that for you...it was to easy....

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    One word: warrant. If they don't have one, they can't do jack. Close and lock the door. If they force their way inside, call the police.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Honestly, most conservative sites seem like really good satirical sites to me. I once wandered around http://www.conservapedia.com and I literally could not understand how some people could believe that stuff. Just to put my thoughts into context, I don't have a label. Some of the things that "liberals" say or do I also don't like, but they seem to be much more clear-headed than conservatives, if that wiki is truly what conservatives are like.
    The best part is where they list black holes as "liberal pseudoscience."

I mean, WTF? How is a black hole liberal or pseudoscience? And they claim the theory of relativity is "controversial"

http://www.conservapedia.com/Black_holes

And I love that they call "moral relativism" a theory. It is not a theory, it is a philosophy.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2013-08-19 at 12:12 AM.
    Putin khuliyo

This is a sister site for The Onion right? Yes?

No?

Fuck me...
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    This is a sister site for The Onion right? Yes?

No?

Fuck me...
    I wish . . .
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I wish . . .
    The sad part is that people just read these articles and take them as gospel. There should be laws against bullshit summaries of government bills. In fact, the article should just link to the bill itself.

This isn't just an America thing either. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ring-a-protest is another example of how people read some media summary and take it on faith.

Nevermind that more often than not, all of the bullshit people cry about is addressed specifically in the bill.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-08-19 at 12:23 AM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

When someone gives you money for health care for your kids, they're gonna make sure your kids have health care. In this case, that "someone" is the government. If you accept money from the government, don't get mad when the government wants to make sure you spend it properly. Thus why being dependent on government makes you a slave to it.

Whats weird is that the programs this offers grants for are heavily supported by conservative politicians.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervrak View Post
    Ok since there seems to be a whole lot of hyperbole on both sides a not a whole lot of real information. Here is the actual text of the provision:

The purpose of the Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting (MIECHV) Competitive Grant program is to award Development Grants to States that currently have modest home visiting programs and want to build on existing efforts.
    And yet it's Obama/Obamacare. Right.

This is one of the cases where the source truly is messed up enough to twist (or really, create) the entire story. It's a long-running voluntary program, as the full text shows.