Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Your plans on 5.4 healing trinkets?

    So I doubt I am the only one who is really underwhelmed with the healer trinkets for 5.4. I was planning on just running double AMP trinkets for disc until they were nerfed (yet again) to 7%. Both the "Cleave" and "Multistrike" trinket don't appear to proc off atonement, at least in the testing I have done, and the spirit proc one is just really boring since it was changed.

    Just wondering what other people were thinking about doing in 5.4 in regards to trinket choices.

  2. #2
    Assume BiS is going to be the heal cleave trinket and the int/spirit proc trinket. Int/spirit proc is always a safe choice, and the heal cleave trinket should proc often enough from the heals you cast between atonement.

  3. #3
    High Overlord Whicker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    119
    Int spirit proc and int spirit on use for disc. The others are gonna be really lackluster since they wont work with abs. Perhaps the heroic amp trinket but I doubt the bigger crits would be better then 2k+ int.
    Last edited by Whicker; 2013-08-18 at 07:16 AM.

  4. #4
    At least they are all sorta viable to use this tier instead of having 2 trinkets that are on the same level as heroic blue trinkets almost.

  5. #5
    I'd love to use the CD reduction trinket but apparently it was too hard to balance for intellect classes. The rest seem boring, bonus over heal or spirit proc.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Whicker View Post
    Int spirit proc and int spirit on use for disc. The others are gonna be really lackluster since they wont work with abs. Perhaps the heroic amp trinket but I doubt the bigger crits would be better then 2k+ int.
    I was thinking Int/spirit proc and one amp trinket. The increased crit ends up being pretty awesome considering the increased DAs from the larger crit and amp'd mastery; seems like a better trade off than 2k int and spirit that doesn't really do a whole lot since it doesn't work with rapture anymore and the amp trinket has a 12k int proc which procs consistently since it has an ICD again and not RPPM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Asyra View Post
    I was thinking Int/spirit proc and one amp trinket. The increased crit ends up being pretty awesome considering the increased DAs from the larger crit and amp'd mastery; seems like a better trade off than 2k int and spirit that doesn't really do a whole lot since it doesn't work with rapture anymore and the amp trinket has a 12k int proc which procs consistently since it has an ICD again and not RPPM.
    it doesnt increase crit it increase crit DAMAGE :/

    ill probably take int spirit proc with cleave/amp trinket depending on fight
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=soulstrikes in oceanic now Lol

    5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    it doesnt increase crit it increase crit DAMAGE :/

    ill probably take int spirit proc with cleave/amp trinket depending on fight
    it increases crit damage and healing - both of which are useful for disc. it also increases mastery (and haste, which is nice for 25s). unless 5.4 release disc winds up being super mana starved i can't imagine not taking at least one amp trinket.

  9. #9
    Int spirit proc and either int spirit on use or amp trinket as holy.

    The spirit on use seems to not be named or on a bosses loot table on ptr wowhead, so not sure if it's actually going to be in game.

    Will likely switch to int spirit proc and multistrike trinket when I feel my mana regen is fine.

  10. #10
    Probably just a shared loot drop or something, if its not actually listed on anything. I thought about using the multisttrike one, but since it doesnt appear to proc off atonement or PWS or during SS, seems a bit lackluster for disc. Granted, I haven't done super extensive testing with it to be 100% sure, but since you aren't technically healing during those things, not all that surprising.

  11. #11
    Still havent manage to see the Horridon trinket on any difficulty.
    So ill prolly use the Darkmoon Trinket still with the Shado-Pan VP one.

    Only Trinket that dropped for us was megeara's and only once, but thats not an awesome trinket for me as Disc so i passed.

    Sig made by Resentful

  12. #12
    How do you think dps cleave trinket would work with atonement on multiple targets fights? If it was already discussed I will be grateful for redirect.

  13. #13
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,970
    Quote Originally Posted by appro View Post
    I'd love to use the CD reduction trinket but apparently it was too hard to balance for intellect classes. The rest seem boring, bonus over heal or spirit proc.
    So was it removed? I never saw anything mentioned about that, if that is the case, and that makes me sad.

    I haven't looked at the whole list yet, so I'm not sure. The Timeless Isle one seems good to macro with Sha of Happieness. I mean Shadowfiend.

    No, I mean Sha of Happieness. That's what I'm calling him from now on.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by babylon View Post
    How do you think dps cleave trinket would work with atonement on multiple targets fights? If it was already discussed I will be grateful for redirect.
    I tested out the DPS trinkets as well, mainly because the crit proc one looked pretty tasty, but it appears that Bliz decided to randomly stop allowing us to proc these effect. After about 10 straight minutes of smiting I didn't get a single proc from any of the dps trinkets other than the caster AMP trinket. This was also awhile back, so might have been fixed/changed so I can't say for certain.

    I'm going to go check them out again now, actually, just to see if it hasn't changed.

  15. #15
    You may want to add to the OP that our choice of trinkets is the following 4 (possibly 5), along with anything ingame currently:

    Prismatic Prison of Pride from Sha of Pride
    Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth from Thok the Bloodthirsty
    Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity from Siegecrafter Blackfuse
    Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia from General Nazgrim
    A fifth unnamed trinket, which may or may not make it to live.

    Discipline priests may also look into:

    Purified Bindings of Immerseus from Immerseus
    Kardris' Toxic Totem from the Kor'kron Dark Shaman
    Frenzied Crystal of Rage from Malkorok
    Black Blood of Y'Shaarj from Garrosh

    though I don't actually know which of the discipline trinkets will work with Atonement.

    From a holy POV, I think the Dysmorphic Samophlange is the way to go, and the other one will vary depending on the encounter. It's the only one with a passive +intellect, and is also the only one with a regeneration effect. All the other 3 sport the same +intellect proc, but differ in their other 'on equip' effect. Personally, I'm leaning towards the Prismatic Prison with the +stats, but I'm not sure how the different versions of it will play out, keeping in mind that the LFR version only gives a +5% bonus, whereas the heroic warforged one gives a +8% bonus. Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth might be useful in encounters where the raid will mostly be stacked (ie Divine Star encounters), and as for the multistrike trinket, I'm really not seeing that as being competitive. I can't quite wrap my head around Multistrike's proc rate, but I'm not sure if its effect, which is essentially a watered down critical strike, is going to be of much use. Now, for discipline priests, that one might be far more useful, as its effect can probably trigger from actual critical strikes (Inner Focus is your friend), healing for a whopping 266%.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2013-08-19 at 04:16 PM.

  16. #16
    Okay, they must have fixed it because the DPS trinkets are working with Smite again. The DPS multistrike trinket felt really "meh" since atonement's damage isn't all that high in the first place, not to mention it has a really low RPPM. This trinket also works just like the proc from Dragonwrath, in that it merely copies the damage and not the actual spell, so the extra damage won't proc a heal.

    The Crit Proc trinket has an ICD and a decent proc chance and gives you 20% additional crit for 20%, which is pretty ridiculous, especially if you couple it with the extra 10% from our 2 set, so I think I'll def be aiming for that trinket now.

    It just doesn't have a name or loot location, just like the int/spirit on use trinket, so either it isn't actually going to be in the game or it is just going to be a trash/shared loot drop. I really hope its just the latter, I really want it. There is a trinket of every role type that is the same way, so who knows what is going on. The shared loot items usually still have names listed, even during the PTR, so *shrug*.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    You may want to add to the OP that our choice of trinkets is the following 4, along with anything ingame currently:

    Prismatic Prison of Pride from Sha of Pride
    Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth from Thok the Bloodthirsty
    Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity from Siegecrafter Blackfuse
    Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia from General Nazgrim
    Ya, thanks. I was just being lazy and didn't really want to go searching for all that when I made the post.


    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Discipline priests may also look into:

    Purified Bindings of Immerseus from Immerseus
    Kardris' Toxic Totem from the Kor'kron Dark Shaman
    Frenzied Crystal of Rage from Malkorok
    Black Blood of Y'Shaarj from Garrosh

    though I don't actually know which of the discipline trinkets will work with Atonement.
    As for these, I don't really think many of them are all that appealing, given the low damage that atonement already does. The one from Garrosh may appeal to some because of the stack INT, could make for some sexy shields and whatnot, but half the time, probably wouldn't proc at a convenient time anyway.

    Granted, most of my thoughts are from a 25M perspective, I know atonement tends to play a more significant role in 10s.
    Last edited by Eiffel; 2013-08-19 at 04:35 PM.

  17. #17
    Honestly, I'd consider using both the Purified Bindings and the Prismatic Prison with discipline, so long as mana regeneration isn't an issue, and their on-equips stack (highly unlikely, but you never know). The +% stats and increased crit damage aside, they give you a potentially overlapping +20k intellect bonus; again, provided they can even work together.

  18. #18
    I thought about using double AMP trinkets when they were still 14%, but now that they are only 7%, they seem a little less worthwhile to double stack; and since they are ICD trinkets and not RPPM, they put each other on CD, so you won't get overlapping procs, btw. They would work for disc, the DPS one does proc off atonement, although the healing one doesn't proc off atonement, so if you are going to go for an AMP trinket, I would recommend picking up whichever one corresponds to your play style more, just to try and maximize uptime.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Asyra View Post
    Okay, they must have fixed it because the DPS trinkets are working with Smite again. The DPS multistrike trinket felt really "meh" since atonement's damage isn't all that high in the first place, not to mention it has a really low RPPM. This trinket also works just like the proc from Dragonwrath, in that it merely copies the damage and not the actual spell, so the extra damage won't proc a heal.
    Thank you very much for testing it!

    But this seems quite unfair, since both this and healing-cleave trinket do not proc from atonement :< they should give us one of them to work

  20. #20
    High Overlord Whicker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Asyra View Post
    I thought about using double AMP trinkets when they were still 14%, but now that they are only 7%, they seem a little less worthwhile to double stack; and since they are ICD trinkets and not RPPM, they put each other on CD, so you won't get overlapping procs, btw. They would work for disc, the DPS one does proc off atonement, although the healing one doesn't proc off atonement, so if you are going to go for an AMP trinket, I would recommend picking up whichever one corresponds to your play style more, just to try and maximize uptime.
    They look to be at 6% now. With my 546 ilvl on live I would get 142haste + 418mast with ~2.4% healing(40%crit) in addition to the int proc on it. I'm not sure if that is better then 2k+ int and ~2k secondary stats due to needing less spirit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •