Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What class would you like to have in D3 expansion.

I dont know if Reaper of Sould is the D3 expansion name and noone know when the first expansion will be released but what class would you like to see in first D3 expansion?

I personally would like to see some sort of druid that can change animal forms or assassin.

PS: Its fun thread so all ideas are welcome even without chance to be realised

Deleted
    druid or necromancer

10+ Year Old Account
    Another strength class, maybe some kind of dk/necro-warrior thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    A shield-user. A class that uses a shield offensively.

Also, I think it's pretty much confirmed that Reaper of Souls is the Diablo 3 expansion, due to http://us.battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Assassin is too similar to the Demon Hunter. Heck, they even ret-conned Natalya into a DH.

Druid is a possibility, but we got druids in the D2 expansion, so I'm not sure they'll want to go the same route again.

I'm sure there's lots more lore around to allow for something we haven't really seen yet. Right now we have 2 melee (Barb, Monk), 2 casters (WD, Sorc) and a ranged (DH). If you count the casters as "ranged" too, that would indicate a melee class next. Of course, it could always be two classes and not just one.

People have also been clamoring about how they miss Paladins. Might be we see some sort of holy warrior then, if not a paladin of Zakarum then something similar from a different culture.

I just wonder how many people actually wanted an expansion as boring as the game was on launch day... let alone the first week
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Some kind of a druid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by emopriest View Post
    a black dildo would i like to see, or maybe a pink one!
    Let's at least keep it clean and on topic please!

Deleted
    I would like to see Necromancer or a Paladin

Necromancer. Witchdoctor just isn't as interesting imo.
    Druid

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a blend of necro and paladin would be interesting, possible to build for melee combat and summoning, somewhat similar to the WoW dk, but closer to the bone and poison theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin, Necromancer, and Druid would be the first that comes to mind. Always liked the Paladin archetype, so hopefully we will see one in the future. Though, considering that we have the Monk class which is already based on Holy magic, we probably will see a Druid like class. Not so sure if Necromancer will be on the table yet considering what Blizzard have said in the past, but I would be pretty pleased if they did announce that class as well.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-08-18 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Paladin, Necromancer, and Druid would be the first that comes to mind. Always liked the Paladin archetype, so hopefully we will see one in the future. Though, considering that we have the Monk class which is already based on Holy magic, we probably will see a Druid like class. Not so sure if Necromancer will be on the table yet considering what Blizzard have said in the past, but I would be pretty pleased if they did announce that class as well.
    While I absolutely agree with your choices, I still think that bringing back the old is taking the "safe" route. Rehashing old classes is, in my opinion not the way to go about this. What I expect, or hope for, is one rehashed class and one sparkling new one.

Blizzard themselves stated that Necromancer was an option, due to the distinctions made between the WD and Necro. Assassin most likely not, due to the Demon Hunter and Natalya's already being coupled to her. Barbarian has already been used. The Paladin is basically a companion, so I doubt that he will be brought back. The sorceress is now the Wizard, so she won't be coming back. The Amazon is basically alrdy replaced by the Demon Hunter as well, although her alternative skill set (Javalins/Throwing spears etc) could make a return.

The only class untouched, is the Druid, so he's most likely to make the return. Alternatively, due to popular demand and Blizzard having already expressed how they see a possible return, the Necromancer. My personal favorite, the Javazon.

As for the new sparkling class, who can say. A melee might be the path to take due to the disparity between ranged and melee classes, but who is to say that the Druid won't be able to fill both places as he has in D2. Who is to say that the Necromancer isn't a (Black/Dark) Dwarf, zombie-like with red warpaint in his face, type of character dualwielding two axes summoned from the shadows, while armouring himself in the bones of his ancestors, playing a more frontline role than his predecessors. (Not saying "Dwarf", but rather; "Stocky"). Who is to say that we won't get a Ninja (seeing as how the Wizard is basically Eastern), focussing more on the art of throwing (Kunai, Glaives, Javalins), combining arts from the old Assassin and Javazon.

Or they do what they did with D2 and really come up with something that hasn't been brought to us before. That might be hard though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shapeshifter ALLL the way. I wont say Druid specifically, because they're trying not using the exact same classes as D2, but some kind of Shapeshifting class would be BOSSNESS.

Maybe something like a Harmonizer? It would fit in with the games theme pretty well, having different demon forms to shift into. They'd be a Str class, kinda Dps/Tanky depending on the form you were in.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Something unique...like battlemage!
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account
    Necro and Paladin were my favorite classes from the Diablo series. I was so disappointed that neither of them are in D3. I'm hoping for one or both of those in the expac. Oh WD sucks and is weird imo. Nothing like I would want a Necro to be.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    A shield-user. A class that uses a shield offensively.
    This. Shields are really cool, they need more viability in the game since they are relegated to HC mode only now. Also would like better support for dual wield DH but whatever.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea i want a shield using class as well, they could use bulwarks and great helms as class specific items. Death Knight would be kinda cool, but being melee and summoning bunch of minions might get in a way.

I would personally love a very dark/evil styled melee dps. Demon Hunters were already kinda dark in this game and while D2 had Necromancers, this game was lacking on the "evil" side. Now when I say evil I don't mean actually on the bad side... I mean a sinister sort of class that uses the powers of darkness to fight for his/her own personal gain. This of course world be the same side as the rest of the heroes fight on. If they add two classes then... well I'll just be happy with something else to play around on. But yeah... dark and sinister and melee. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh I know this will never happen but Necromancer. If not Necro then a shapeshifter would be awesome; so a Druid or maybe a more demonic type of shifter.