Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Since you brought it up, Nairobi, what happens if Lu'Lin dies before Suen comes out?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Since you brought it up, Nairobi, what happens if Lu'Lin dies before Suen comes out?
    No comets. Fun times to be had by all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    It was either someone deep in the brewmaster or monk post/forum or somewhere in the raid forums.
    Hate to ask here, but can you elaborate on exactly what vengeance swapping is?

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    No comets. Fun times to be had by all.
    Oh boy, sounds like fun!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slondon View Post
    Hate to ask here, but can you elaborate on exactly what vengeance swapping is?
    OT taunting so they gets half the vengeance of the main tank...usually involves MT taunting back, since there's a reason the boss is/should be targeting the MT (either mechanics, or MT is better [survival or dps-wise])

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

You don't get half the vengeance of the MT, you get full vengeance very quickly.

It's more than just a dps boost, its a big healing boost as well for stuff like palas. My co-tank and I always taunt swop on f.ex Lei Shen HC. Taunt just before a thunderstruck and holy prism heals for a shit load compared to an non vengeance buffed one.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You don't get half the vengeance of the MT, you get full vengeance very quickly.

It's more than just a dps boost, its a big healing boost as well for stuff like palas. My co-tank and I always taunt swop on f.ex Lei Shen HC. Taunt just before a thunderstruck and holy prism heals for a shit load compared to an non vengeance buffed one.
    If you taunt, and switch back 1 sec later, it's half veng.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Sigh, you're missing the forest for the trees in what I'm saying.
    Reread your post, and reread what you quoted of mine. I specifically mentioned that if you can expertise cap without losing so much as 1 point of haste rating, then that's the smartest thing.

The discussion was about the situation where you cannot expertise cap without taking away some haste rating, which is quite the likely situation when you're undergeared, or in mostly avoidance gear, since you're passing the dps gear to the dps. In that case, it's still smart to cap expertise before stacking haste.

Since you mention that you used full expertise gems yourself, you DID cap expertise at the cost of haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Ah, the fallback of the progress card.
    Did I in any way say you should gear exactly as the top-end players do? I don't think I did. Would be bad advise if I did, since when you're undergeared, different stats become worth it.

What I did mention, is that if you're overgearing a situation, you're getting much more of a leeway. You can make small errors, be that in gear setup or in execution, and still down the bosses.

The amount of DPS gained is so minimal, it's not even worth comparing to the other factors. (And did we check if it's a DPS increase at lower gear levels? IIRC Expertise used to be a better DPS stat earlier in the expansion.) SS ticks increased, but SoI ticks decreased. HoPo generation is better at low haste levels and worse at high haste levels, but either way, the difference is entirely minimal. These factors combined are nothing compared to the mathematically proven fact that not hardcapping expertise is a drop in survivability.

Your Anecdote is not evidence, it's just you feeling good about it, without so much as the slightest bit of proof.