Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    And you didn't even have to win a single game. Funny thing.
    Make a team, derp around 10 games, wait until reset.
    Yep, it's crazy that people even raided with how easy it was to get comparable loot from arenas. I guess players were after something other than loot in there.

  2. #242
    Herald of the Titans zephid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,750
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Yep, it's crazy that people even raided with how easy it was to get comparable loot from arenas. I guess players were after something other than loot in there.
    The loot you got from raids was better for dps than pvp loot.
    Last edited by zephid; 2013-08-19 at 12:45 AM.

  3. #243
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    640
    While we all can agree WoW has flaws in its current model, I feel that every end-game experience they've released has been enjoyable. The player base has changed over the years, through each expansion since Vanilla. People have different tastes and they leave the game for many reasons.

    We know MoP isn't their best theme, but it was an upgrade over Cataclysm. Even though a majority of people think the game is dying, it needs time to mend and heal. I feel the next expansion needs to bring something big to the table, that will hype individuals to come back and want to play.

  4. #244
    Herald of the Titans Aqua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    2,593
    I think Mists has been great. Do they have the capability of making a better one? Well yes. Just as everyone has within themselves capability to be a mass murderer.

    What's your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    Yeah, it's always WAR WAR WAR untill..BY ALL THAT IS HOLY DO YOU SEE THAT ENEMY OVER THERE?? GLORIOUS LOOT!!!!!

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by ChowChillaCharlie View Post
    Lol the people who think TBC was the best needs to take of their nostalgia glasses, including the OP.
    MoP shits all over TBC when it comes to quality, in all areas.
    Except PvP where it's almost as bad as Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  6. #246
    MoP is the best expansion since TBC. WotLK brought most of the destructive changes to the game, Cata was just badly done, I guess because of the revamping of zones.

    Virtual Realms should be here shortly, so if Blizzard introduces phased player housing and new character models in the next expansion, most people should be happy. My preference would be also for LFR to be for previous-patch content only, but I don't see that happening. I also hope the raids keep being as good as tier 14 and 15.

  7. #247
    vanilla was meh, tbc was okay, wotlk was awesome, cata was meh, pandaria is awesome. this "majority" talking always...so strange people still do that. and a question from me: if you think those expansions werent good, why are you still playing the game ?!
    I have forgotten more than you will ever know..

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Akkoron View Post
    vanilla was meh, tbc was okay, wotlk was awesome, cata was meh, pandaria is awesome. this "majority" talking always...so strange people still do that. and a question from me: if you think those expansions werent good, why are you still playing the game ?!
    I took a break for the very first time for 3 months in Cata. I stopped playing in 5.3 this time around, while initially planning to come back for 5.4(when there was enough new stuff in the game to hold my interest). However 5.4 isn't really generating the kind of excitement for me I initially thought it would. So I guess the answer to your question is probably that not everybody is still playing the game that posts here. Some are taking breaks from the game, and others have outright quit.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post
    Nope. Content does not even matter anymore, because the game in its core has become so terrible. Unless reverse alot of the Casualization or bring Hardcore Servers (TBC-style Gameplay/Classes/Talents, Hardmore-Only, Pot-Farming) the Game is done. I gave Casual-WoW a last chance with Casualysm and after 2 weeks I was bored and never played since it again. I would never ever pay even one cent for the Pandaland Expansion.
    Then why in the hell are you still here talking about it?

    The door is that way.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post
    What do you like more. The Pandaland with the fatass pandas or the Asia-Bullshit all over the place? Or was it the 24/7 Daily-Quest Grind, maybe the Farmville Zone or the fact that you don't have to do anything for your wellfare-epics?
    Using the term welfare epics is a good indication that nobody should take you seriously.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

  10. #250
    They have already made good expansions, Burning Crusade and WOTLK even though it wasnt perfect it was pretty damn good. However i dont think they will make another good expansion, the game will continue to decline and ppl will move on to something better. Oh BTW the numbers havent been declining since WOTLK as a matter of fact they went from 7mill to 12mill in WOTLK and didnt go down until the Zandalari patch in Cata...

    And common guys MOP isnt good, numbers dont lie and the subs have dropped from nearly 10mill to 7.5 and will keep dropping, that only in the last 10 months. So yeah its a fact MOP sucks, you can not argue with a 2.5mill drop in 10 months.
    Last edited by MaxJr; 2013-08-19 at 01:19 AM.

  11. #251
    Mechagnome Akarui's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The middle of nowhere
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardnonentertainment View Post
    So do you think Blizzard will do their best this time and make and awesome expansion to try to raise the subs number as much as possible? Or do they just dont care anymore and are happy with current number of subs ?
    That's an asinine question; of course they care about subs, it's a company, they like money...

    And also you're wrong about WoW getting worse, it gets better, but it's like painting over a rusty car, no matter how many times you do the rust will show sooner or later.
    “4chan once took on the FBI and won,” a Brony told the New York Observer, “so you might say that My Little Pony is more powerful than the FBI.” Sethisto

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    WotLK was the best expansion and the Golden Era of WoW, but MoP is actually quite cool, I like it! But, want to see the next expansion and I hope it's as awesome as WotLK was!
    wotlk was certainly NOT the golden era.
    My lines are so potent that in this segment i made all of the ladies in the first 3 comments pregnant!

  13. #253
    Omg so many Wrath babies.

    I still don't understand why some ppl think WotLK was a good expansion. So many ppl claiming Cata was shit, when in fact it was pretty much the same as WotLK, just with overall better raids (DS was shit, but WotLK had Naxx and ToC...).

    MoP is obviously miles better than both of them, and so was TBC, THE GOLDEN ERA of WoW.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Armory link clicky clicky

  14. #254
    Didn't think TBC was very good. If blizzard made every expansion in the same mold that they did for TBC then WoW would be down to probably 3 or 4 million subs by now. Gotta appeal to the casuals.

  15. #255
    WOTLK was NOT the golden era of WoW. It was the possibly the golden era of Lore with the Wrath King, the most iconic WoW character, almost perfectly integrated into the expansion. The only other things it had truly going for it was the epic Wrath gate quest line and cut-scene (the best in the game ever) and Ulduar (generally recognized as the best raid). It also had the worst and laziest raid ever (ToC). More importantly, almost all of the things / concepts that most now point to as being the causes of WoW's decline (LFD/Community/Flying/Sense of Accomplishment/Welfare Epics, bring the player etc, etc) were introduced during WOLTK which is why it is the expansion in which the most ever played and in which the decline in the player base first began.

    The Golden Era of WoW, was despite all of its flaws, Vanilla. It was shiny, new, immersive, challenging (but still easy for newcomers to pick-up) and rewarding all at the same time.

    But to answer the OP's question - Blizzard has gone off track so often and so far, tried to please too many and ended up pleasing no one, contradicted themselves and their game goal designs so often that they are not actually capable of making a good expansion anymore.

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post
    Nope. Content does not even matter anymore, because the game in its core has become so terrible. Unless reverse alot of the Casualization or bring Hardcore Servers (TBC-style Gameplay/Classes/Talents, Hardmore-Only, Pot-Farming) the Game is done. I gave Casual-WoW a last chance with Casualysm and after 2 weeks I was bored and never played since it again. I would never ever pay even one cent for the Pandaland Expansion.
    Many guilds struggled more with Tier 11 than they did with Tier 4. I know mine did personally and many people I talked to at the time were in the same boat. Blizzard postponed Firelands (supposedly) because a lower percentage of guilds had completed T11 content than they wanted. I've been playing since Christmas after launch and raided MC when it was current content. This game for the most part is not getting easier, we are getting much better.

    It seemed clear that you had fully formulated your opinion of Cataclysm before buying it and have admitted to a fully formed opinion without even trying Mists of Pandaria. I know many veteran players who have played all ages DO believe the game is too casual and easy, but there are many like myself who could make good arguments against that. You whoever are talking trash about a game you have supposedly not played for 3 years. How could you possibly know what it feels like? People on forums forming opinions for you?

  17. #257
    Warchief Sand Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tatooine (Outside Mos Eisley)
    Posts
    2,012
    been playing since mid BC. not the golden era. wrath was. cata and mop werent all that bad either. erbody just got spoiled from wrath. and its not as many people out there that hate the last two xpacs, either. seems like it because the minority have loud voices. i agree that wow IS in decline but it's because it's an old game.

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    More importantly, almost all of the things / concepts that most now point to as being the causes of WoW's decline (LFD/Community/Flying/Sense of Accomplishment/Welfare Epics, bring the player etc, etc) were introduced during WOLTK which is why it is the expansion in which the most ever played and in which the decline in the player base first began.
    The community aspect of the game is a difficult thing to argue, but one could make the argument that it is a result of LFD which did come out in patch 3.3. Other than that, everything you've attributed to WLK is...well wrong. Flying came in BC, Achievements literally documented accomplishments and many achievements such as 25H Lich King, Tribute to Immortality, Supermassive!, Herald of the Titans, Earth, Wind, & Fire were only achieved by the top 1% of players before Cataclysm. Not to mention realm first achievements/feats of strength to show all the truly epic accomplishments under your belt. And lastly, even though this seems to be conveniently forgotten by BC players, welfare epics started with the Badge system in BC. You could get almost Tier 6 quality gear from badges INCLUDING WEAPONS. Yes, BC had WEAPONS on the badge system that were actually viable in BT progression. You don't see that in later xpacs (Wrath had ilvl 200 ones I know, but they were a far cry less viable in progression as 5-mans literally dropped the same loot).

    I guess I'm trying to say that your nostalgia glasses aren't seeing WoW's history accurately. Also, saying that WLK was the start of the decline is essentially the pessimistic way of saying that WLK was the pinnacle sub wise. The decline in subs gained momentum with the long, long wait between 3.3 and 4.0 and it never came back.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    been playing since mid BC. not the golden era. wrath was. cata and mop werent all that bad either. erbody just got spoiled from wrath. and its not as many people out there that hate the last two xpacs, either. seems like it because the minority have loud voices. i agree that wow IS in decline but it's because it's an old game.
    Wow was a revolutionary game in that it brought the masses to the MMORPG genre. Blizzard continued to improve the formula and grow their player base into BC, and once again into Wrath. They really managed to keep on making evolutionary improvements to WoW up through Wrath. Cata was the first time we saw a significant drop in subscriptions. Starting with Cata they just seemed to be making wrong decision after wrong decision. I don't think it has anything to do with age. WoW was an old game when it was still growing in Wrath. If anyone can turn it around Blizzard can, but then again I haven't heard much at this point that makes me think they will, but I am waiting to hear what gets announced at Blizzcon with much anticipation.

  20. #260
    BC was a golden era for WoW as well as my favorite, but Wrath was the pinnacle of the game. But with the gaming world changing and so many MMOs out there, I don't think WoW will return to its previous status.
    World of Warcraft: Level 90 Blood Elf Holy Paladin
    Heroes of the Storm: Tassadar, Diablo, Valla
    Injustice: Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman
    USF4: Chun LI, Cody, Poison
    DoA 5 U: Tina, Christie, Momiji

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •