Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Again - by that logic, McDonalds is the best food, Justin Bieber the best music and Apple the best electronics.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing is black and white. Nothing. If you think it is, that's just pathetic really and you should grow up.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh thank fuck, I'm not alone anymore....
    We can disagree about mop without you having to make personal attacks. I let you get away with it earlier but really you should stop.

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    No we can't, because it's not ridiculous It's the best measurement we have.
    Oh yeah? Is that when we said WotLK is the best because it has the highest sub numbers, ppl came here and claimed "Only because Justin Bieber sells a lot of records doesn't make him a good musician" or "Only because Mc Donalds serves a lot of burgers makes that good food"? People twist anything to suit them.

It is all about interpreting those numbers? Here is my take: Every game peaks, every game then declines and no sub based MMO has ever been at 7.7 million subs after over 8 years. In fact, not even a game made by a reputed studio (Bioware) with a much bigger franchise behind them (Star Wars) has even at its peak reached the numbers of WoW and then it crashed and burned much faster.

I am sure you will twist these words in my mouth to show me that WoW has instead become shit.

Damn - and I never wanted to post in these pointless threads again, especially when they are started by a 2 post fresh member by such a totally not flamewarsinducing name like the OP
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichodemus View Post
    TBC is and will forever be the best expansion, it was played out well when it comes to the lore, raids was epic and PVP as baaaaaalanced woo!
    PVP was balanced? Is that supposed to be funny? Unless you consider resto druids with 3 buttons and SL/SL warlocks balanced, then yeah.
    Oh, and throw in HARP rogues, if only for a short while.

No we can't, because it's not ridiculous It's the best measurement we have.
    Then you have no decent measure and you should stop trying to use one that's not fit for what you're using it for.

When I stop playing and probably unsub in 10 weeks time, will it be because I don't like 5.4 or will it be that I just don't have time what with the baby and everything?

In your head -1 sub = game is bad, but to the people who have the data my reason will read much like most of the people who unsub (I'll find this blue post from a few weeks back...actually I'm not going to bother, they said it, I read it and even if I find it some chucklehead will say "blizzard lies" so I can't be arsed) "I don't have the time"

Sub numbers at the level that we see them mean so little it's actually funny, but not as funny as watching people try and twist and turn them into something deeper.
    Last edited by Mooboy; 2013-08-19 at 10:14 AM. Reason: can't be arsed
    "The fact that you don't get it or like it is fine. The fact that you wanna ruin it for everyone else - that's why you're a cocksucker." - Bill Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The playerbase has been desiring this for years and when it's finally here, everyone wants to grab a pitchfork. Ridiculous. This community is disgustingly toxic.
    Please send all PM's with a read receipt, that way both you and I will know I'm not reading them....

The majority of people who played since tbc or earlier agree that TBC was the golden era of WoW.
    No they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Mop is slightly less horrible than cataclysm. Still a craptastic xpack thoug.

BC was by far the best one. wotlk a mixed bag
    What does it then say about people like you who still stick around for 6 years..since the "mixed bag of WotLK"? I never really understood this thinking. Why would you literally pay hundreds of bucks for sth you don't enjoy. For something "horrible" in fact?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    The lore in TBC raids was fantastic. But more importantly, raiding made you feel like a special snowflake. Which is a good thing. I had tons of casual friends that were wiping in Karazhan while I was going for a top 10 worlwide kill of Kil Jaeden. The people wiping in Karazhan had loads of fun, because they had their own goals. While the people in my guild put in a lot of time, which resulted in pride and bragging rights. That part is gone completely. In MoP you killed a harder version of a boss everyone had seen die multiple times, nobody cares that you have a slightly recolored tier set.
    I never cared at all about your "top 10 worldwide kill" or about the fancy gear you had in this time either (or about your "special snowflake"'s "bragging rights", thanks for making me laugh), I don't really see any difference now. Except the fact that casual people can now have fun in different places instead of staying in the same raid for a whole year seeing less than 10% of available raid content, which was definitely the worst part of TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What does it then say about people like you who still stick around for 6 years..since the "mixed bag of WotLK"? I never really understood this thinking. Why would you literally pay hundreds of bucks for sth you don't enjoy. For something "horrible" in fact?
    I guess it's their new way of having "special snowflake"'s "bragging rights", they clearly know what's best for you, you missed the whole fun of the game by not wiping for months against the same few bosses.
    Last edited by Ysilla; 2013-08-19 at 10:15 AM.

The Insane
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    We can disagree about mop without you having to make personal attacks. I let you get away with it earlier but really you should stop.
    There was no personal attack here. It was simply a "if you..." scenario, which doesn't mean a thing honestly. However if it *did*, then that only means that I might have a point...

Besides... Nice try there, trying to avoid the arguments and going straight into self-defense mode...
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-08-19 at 10:16 AM.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    yes i still enjoy rated pvp and farming the auction house for tons of gold. those things didnt change much. Although I hardly played wotlk/cata and mop, like 1/5 of their lifespan each

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I suspect quite a few of the asshole hypocrite developers regret that implementation immensely...
    Why is that? It was certainly a nice addition at least for weapons. Because, for instance, I was in BT when 2.4 hit and still got stuck with the Karazhan mace because there was 1 other upgrade available which of course never dropped. And the following was on Illidan (which dropped when I already got the mace from Twins). So yeah, 2.4 gear helped me quite a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crableg View Post
    The reason everyone loved TBC so much was because they didn't know any better, it was the first expansion, and it improved on alot of the Vanilla issues.
    Also, Outland was frankly amazing especially when flying, at least in my opinion. WOTLK was too, but Outland felt much more otherworldly (because, well, it was indeed another world )

BC was awesome at the time, and I as well as many others loved it.

But that doesn't change the fact that I'd probably tear my hair out if a new expansion proved to be BC-style-revisited. Today is not the time anymore for BC-style kind of play. And I mean that in every way imaginable, from attunement quest chains (which I loved at the time despite them being a huge hassle for guilds), to player poaching, to guilds forever stuck in Karazhan or at the most T5 due to geared players saying bye to join a T6-guild that would attune them, to excessive class stacking that we have rarely seen again in such excess (grant me some leeway with arcane mages on spine and druids on Nef, okay? ^^). BC was a golden era only at the time it happened. Today, BC isn't so golden anymore. What you mistake as golden is that pinkish tinge caused by those funny engineering goggles that you're wearing.

And yes, Blizzard is capable of making good expansions. They've proven to be several times already. Nothing will ever make everyone happy; nothing will ever be perfect for everyone because people are so diverse and different in their interests and opinions. But good? Yes, they've all been good, despite the weaknesses and kinks that needed to be ironed out.

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    Literally within two minutes of posting that, my entire point is already being completely ignored.
    You expect people to actually read a post through their rose-tinted glasses? The chance of that happening is low, unfortunately.

I think good is to hard to say now days. I think its more not enjoying wow as much as you used to. I've come to see that now that I re-subbed for I think it was my 3rd time inn MOP - After 1 hardcore nerd grind weekend, I kinda feel like I've done quit a few things already, and I found myself iddling inn Stormwind for just a slight few minutes yesterday, opening my achivement tab, thinking wtf shall I do....

Ah yes, opening the achivement tab being bored, how many times haven't I done that before!
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

I can't believe what I just read. Opinion wise ... if you feel TBC was the best so be it, but "the Majority" of players should speak for themselves. Having been one of the people who has played since classic I can say I strongly disagree with your opinion. TBC was not the golden era, far from it both in my view and based on sub levels. Wrath had the most subs and it started to fall after that. Yes they can still make good games, while I disliked TBC and liked Cata even less, I still played and enjoyed the game for what it was. Each expansion had something good about it, but I have found I enjoyed Wrath the most.

Honestly, I would say the key reason I enjoyed it so much is it had more choice on where to go to level, both with starting zones and the freedom to quest as I liked without being put on a track that tells me where I have to go and when. Having 10 levels made it easier to work with that as well. Cata and Mop (Mostly cata) Kinda killed leveling for me with having fewer but larger zones, and only 5 levels which seemed to drag on for ever just to hit max.

I wouldn't say the game is getting worse, as it is getting older and people change (or refuse to adapt to change) and so move on to things that suit their tastes. A good example being the "hardcore" crowd. A 'decent sized portion' refuse to adapt to how the game is now and throw epic sized tantrums on how the game is shit now and was better when they were the only ones seeing content and the 1% should be bowed down too and revered with their 'epic lootz'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Five Nights at Freddy's 1 and 2 | Group of Friend's Youtube Channel

Do I think Blizzard is capable of.. what?

TBC was a good expansion, WotLK was a good expansion, MoP was a good expansion for the time I played it.

Out of 4 expansions, only one has been terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    No questions are stupid if you are trying to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Interestingly, many forum people dont play anymore. They just lurk forums. I dont play wow for quite a while, but still check Mmo champ every day. What a paradox - forum itself is more amusing than the game it is about.

- - - Updated - - -

You are right about quality, but thats not what these people are after. They want a game to be dificult for everyone which brings them enjoyment. Easy stuff is not for them.
    It's funny, whenever I get free game time in WoW, I end up just talking about the game on the official forums. It's sort of why I signed up here, the game is just not for me now.

It is hilarious how often people mock nostalgia when defending new WoW, since I can't think of any other reason to go back to playing it at all. Nostalgia is a valid reason to like something and there's plenty of evidence to indicate that all personal preference is nostalgia. Read "The Language of Thought Hypothesis", shoot for number 3, if you don't know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardnonentertainment View Post
    The majority of people who played since tbc or earlier agree that TBC was the golden era of WoW. Do you still think blizzard can make The Dark Below atleast nearly as good as TBC? Since Wotlk the number of subscribers is in steady decline. This is due to many reasons but one of them if not the most important is that the game simply keeps getting worse.

The sub numbers are already at quite a very low point. Now if TDB will be similarly bad to MOP it might be the downfall of WoW forever.

So do you think Blizzard will do their best this time and make and awesome expansion to try to raise the subs number as much as possible? Or do they just dont care anymore and are happy with current number of subs ?
    Blizzard is more than capable of making a good expansion. They have the technology to solve many of the major flaws this game has, and the talent to develop something people can truly enjoy.

However, Blizzard is hindered by the following:

- disinterest in creating a quality pvp environment, especially with regard to low level pvp.
    - over saturation of meaningless/disposable content, such as quests, scenarios, dungeons, and raids.
    - inability to find the 'sweet spot' when it comes to class design and function.
    - general confusion when it comes to taking the game in a good direction.

Things they've done well:

- Lore and creative design of the game.
    - World and character art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin
    Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

Every time you have a question that begins with "Why?" that is about what other people prefer to do with their own goddamn time, come back here, and reread the first row of this post. That will ALWAYS be the answer to your question. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    I never cared at all about your "top 10 worldwide kill" or about the fancy gear you had in this time either (or about your "special snowflake"'s "bragging rights", thanks for making me laugh), I don't really see any difference now. Except the fact that casual people can now have fun in different places instead of staying in the same raid for a whole year seeing less than 10% of available raid content, which was definitely the worst part of TBC.

I guess it's their new way of having "special snowflake"'s "bragging rights", they clearly know what's best for you, you missed the whole fun of the game by not wiping for months against the same few bosses.
    Have fun in different places, good one. LFR is basically a training dummy with a different skin applied. Back in the day you had threads on realm forums where people would post their progress. Even if that progress was far behind others, you had people posting about their boss kills with a sense of pride.

And good for you, you are too cool to care, but in the raiding community there was a lot of competition among realms for first kills. That's gone now aswell. Like it or not, but the raiding community in Wow got gutted in favour of people like yourself that 'have fun' in LFR. And I'd argue that the people wiping in Karazhan had more fun than the people collecting epics in LFR while being on /follow.

Either way, the next expansion will not go back to the hardcore TBC style of Wow, Blizzard has been steering away from that since early Wotlk. The current playerbase would not like it, they have been spoonfed for too long.
    Last edited by Farora; 2013-08-19 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardnonentertainment View Post
    The majority of people who played since tbc or earlier agree that TBC was the golden era of WoW. Do you still think blizzard can make The Dark Below atleast nearly as good as TBC? Since Wotlk the number of subscribers is in steady decline. This is due to many reasons but one of them if not the most important is that the game simply keeps getting worse.

The sub numbers are already at quite a very low point. Now if TDB will be similarly bad to MOP it might be the downfall of WoW forever.

So do you think Blizzard will do their best this time and make and awesome expansion to try to raise the subs number as much as possible? Or do they just dont care anymore and are happy with current number of subs ?
    I freaking loved Wrath, as well as TBC and Mists.. Cata is the blacksheep in execution. And vanilla is just you being a boss for surviving 6 murlocs. If this "The Dark Below" project is real, I'll use my common sense...

... No judgement until I can try the content myself. If the trailer is good, that is enough bait for me to jump in and try.. And I never care about other's opinion of what/how I wish to play it.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Biggest flaw in mop was the asian theme which western players didnt enjoy. The implementation of a panda race was a terrible idea. Other than that, mop was great.
    I'm a western player and I loved the Asian theme. I also like the Pandaren as a race and a culture. You should put IMO or something of that extent before statements like those otherwise people will assume you're pushing your opinions as fact, which a lot of times will prevent people from taking you seriously.
    My Shaman! <~ Old Main
    My Warlock! <~ New Main