Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    vanilla was meh, tbc was okay, wotlk was awesome, cata was meh, pandaria is awesome. this "majority" talking always...so strange people still do that. and a question from me: if you think those expansions werent good, why are you still playing the game ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Akkoron View Post
    vanilla was meh, tbc was okay, wotlk was awesome, cata was meh, pandaria is awesome. this "majority" talking always...so strange people still do that. and a question from me: if you think those expansions werent good, why are you still playing the game ?!
    I took a break for the very first time for 3 months in Cata. I stopped playing in 5.3 this time around, while initially planning to come back for 5.4(when there was enough new stuff in the game to hold my interest). However 5.4 isn't really generating the kind of excitement for me I initially thought it would. So I guess the answer to your question is probably that not everybody is still playing the game that posts here. Some are taking breaks from the game, and others have outright quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post
    Nope. Content does not even matter anymore, because the game in its core has become so terrible. Unless reverse alot of the Casualization or bring Hardcore Servers (TBC-style Gameplay/Classes/Talents, Hardmore-Only, Pot-Farming) the Game is done. I gave Casual-WoW a last chance with Casualysm and after 2 weeks I was bored and never played since it again. I would never ever pay even one cent for the Pandaland Expansion.
    Then why in the hell are you still here talking about it?

The door is that way.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you like more. The Pandaland with the fatass pandas or the Asia-Bullshit all over the place? Or was it the 24/7 Daily-Quest Grind, maybe the Farmville Zone or the fact that you don't have to do anything for your wellfare-epics?
    Using the term welfare epics is a good indication that nobody should take you seriously.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

They have already made good expansions, Burning Crusade and WOTLK even though it wasnt perfect it was pretty damn good. However i dont think they will make another good expansion, the game will continue to decline and ppl will move on to something better. Oh BTW the numbers havent been declining since WOTLK as a matter of fact they went from 7mill to 12mill in WOTLK and didnt go down until the Zandalari patch in Cata...

And common guys MOP isnt good, numbers dont lie and the subs have dropped from nearly 10mill to 7.5 and will keep dropping, that only in the last 10 months. So yeah its a fact MOP sucks, you can not argue with a 2.5mill drop in 10 months.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2013-08-19 at 01:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardnonentertainment View Post
    So do you think Blizzard will do their best this time and make and awesome expansion to try to raise the subs number as much as possible? Or do they just dont care anymore and are happy with current number of subs ?
    That's an asinine question; of course they care about subs, it's a company, they like money...

And also you're wrong about WoW getting worse, it gets better, but it's like painting over a rusty car, no matter how many times you do the rust will show sooner or later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    WotLK was the best expansion and the Golden Era of WoW, but MoP is actually quite cool, I like it! But, want to see the next expansion and I hope it's as awesome as WotLK was!
    wotlk was certainly NOT the golden era.

Omg so many Wrath babies.

I still don't understand why some ppl think WotLK was a good expansion. So many ppl claiming Cata was shit, when in fact it was pretty much the same as WotLK, just with overall better raids (DS was shit, but WotLK had Naxx and ToC...).

MoP is obviously miles better than both of them, and so was TBC, THE GOLDEN ERA of WoW.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Didn't think TBC was very good. If blizzard made every expansion in the same mold that they did for TBC then WoW would be down to probably 3 or 4 million subs by now. Gotta appeal to the casuals.

WOTLK was NOT the golden era of WoW. It was the possibly the golden era of Lore with the Wrath King, the most iconic WoW character, almost perfectly integrated into the expansion. The only other things it had truly going for it was the epic Wrath gate quest line and cut-scene (the best in the game ever) and Ulduar (generally recognized as the best raid). It also had the worst and laziest raid ever (ToC). More importantly, almost all of the things / concepts that most now point to as being the causes of WoW's decline (LFD/Community/Flying/Sense of Accomplishment/Welfare Epics, bring the player etc, etc) were introduced during WOLTK which is why it is the expansion in which the most ever played and in which the decline in the player base first began.

The Golden Era of WoW, was despite all of its flaws, Vanilla. It was shiny, new, immersive, challenging (but still easy for newcomers to pick-up) and rewarding all at the same time.

But to answer the OP's question - Blizzard has gone off track so often and so far, tried to please too many and ended up pleasing no one, contradicted themselves and their game goal designs so often that they are not actually capable of making a good expansion anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Content does not even matter anymore, because the game in its core has become so terrible. Unless reverse alot of the Casualization or bring Hardcore Servers (TBC-style Gameplay/Classes/Talents, Hardmore-Only, Pot-Farming) the Game is done. I gave Casual-WoW a last chance with Casualysm and after 2 weeks I was bored and never played since it again. I would never ever pay even one cent for the Pandaland Expansion.
    Many guilds struggled more with Tier 11 than they did with Tier 4. I know mine did personally and many people I talked to at the time were in the same boat. Blizzard postponed Firelands (supposedly) because a lower percentage of guilds had completed T11 content than they wanted. I've been playing since Christmas after launch and raided MC when it was current content. This game for the most part is not getting easier, we are getting much better.

It seemed clear that you had fully formulated your opinion of Cataclysm before buying it and have admitted to a fully formed opinion without even trying Mists of Pandaria. I know many veteran players who have played all ages DO believe the game is too casual and easy, but there are many like myself who could make good arguments against that. You whoever are talking trash about a game you have supposedly not played for 3 years. How could you possibly know what it feels like? People on forums forming opinions for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    been playing since mid BC. not the golden era. wrath was. cata and mop werent all that bad either. erbody just got spoiled from wrath. and its not as many people out there that hate the last two xpacs, either. seems like it because the minority have loud voices. i agree that wow IS in decline but it's because it's an old game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    More importantly, almost all of the things / concepts that most now point to as being the causes of WoW's decline (LFD/Community/Flying/Sense of Accomplishment/Welfare Epics, bring the player etc, etc) were introduced during WOLTK which is why it is the expansion in which the most ever played and in which the decline in the player base first began.
    The community aspect of the game is a difficult thing to argue, but one could make the argument that it is a result of LFD which did come out in patch 3.3. Other than that, everything you've attributed to WLK is...well wrong. Flying came in BC, Achievements literally documented accomplishments and many achievements such as 25H Lich King, Tribute to Immortality, Supermassive!, Herald of the Titans, Earth, Wind, & Fire were only achieved by the top 1% of players before Cataclysm. Not to mention realm first achievements/feats of strength to show all the truly epic accomplishments under your belt. And lastly, even though this seems to be conveniently forgotten by BC players, welfare epics started with the Badge system in BC. You could get almost Tier 6 quality gear from badges INCLUDING WEAPONS. Yes, BC had WEAPONS on the badge system that were actually viable in BT progression. You don't see that in later xpacs (Wrath had ilvl 200 ones I know, but they were a far cry less viable in progression as 5-mans literally dropped the same loot).

I guess I'm trying to say that your nostalgia glasses aren't seeing WoW's history accurately. Also, saying that WLK was the start of the decline is essentially the pessimistic way of saying that WLK was the pinnacle sub wise. The decline in subs gained momentum with the long, long wait between 3.3 and 4.0 and it never came back.

Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    been playing since mid BC. not the golden era. wrath was. cata and mop werent all that bad either. erbody just got spoiled from wrath. and its not as many people out there that hate the last two xpacs, either. seems like it because the minority have loud voices. i agree that wow IS in decline but it's because it's an old game.
    Wow was a revolutionary game in that it brought the masses to the MMORPG genre. Blizzard continued to improve the formula and grow their player base into BC, and once again into Wrath. They really managed to keep on making evolutionary improvements to WoW up through Wrath. Cata was the first time we saw a significant drop in subscriptions. Starting with Cata they just seemed to be making wrong decision after wrong decision. I don't think it has anything to do with age. WoW was an old game when it was still growing in Wrath. If anyone can turn it around Blizzard can, but then again I haven't heard much at this point that makes me think they will, but I am waiting to hear what gets announced at Blizzcon with much anticipation.

BC was a golden era for WoW as well as my favorite, but Wrath was the pinnacle of the game. But with the gaming world changing and so many MMOs out there, I don't think WoW will return to its previous status.
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Are... are you actually asking US about YOUR opinion?
    ^^^ This. Your opinion is just that... your opinion, not the defining revelation about any particular expansion. I think all of them have had good points and bad, and none so bad as some seem to think. Yes, this is MY opinion

Just because more people are vocal about TBC does not mean that the majority of people believe TBC to be the Golden Era. Hell I'm willing to bet that most who claim TBC was the best didn't play during that time.

TBC would be for you the best exp, but not for people that started to play wow after it

Seriously, kill 3000 of the same mobs to get reputation? no LFG for heroic dungeons? No heroic Raids? oh and Illidan was the only cool in my opinion, the rest were meh in terms of lore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    So, because he likes MoP more than your flawless holy grail (TBC) it means he is a fanboy?
    No. Because he claims, "MoP shits all over TBC when it comes to quality, in all areas" he's a fanboy. I like a lot of MoP. It's got the best world design since BC, possibly since classic. There are a ton of little touches that show a world of improvement in the care and attention to detail paid to the game in a way that we haven't seen since BC and vanilla. But blindly claiming MoP is universally better, in every way, does indeed label him as an unthinking worshipper at the altar of Activision-Blizzard. (If nothing else, the sub numbers show his claim is pretty far from reality.)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    borean tundra was the most boring zone made, dragonblight was 90% nothing. it was basically a white blasted lands, grizzly hills was just all around lame. grizzly hills was just a green silverpine, basin was just STV at lvl 76. And the Lichking shows up after every questline saying "how dare you ruin my plans, whelp it was funny so ill let it slide... again."
    Behold the beauty of opinions. I do admit though that Dragonblight and Borean Tundra were god-awful zones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    If TDB will be nearly as good as BC I will praise Blizzard for days to come.