1. #1
    Warchief Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    2,056

    How is retri in the current PTR?

    Hey everyone, I'm not a PTR guy to be honest so I wanted to know from you guys who tested retri spec in the PTR how is our dmg and dps overall? how is the 3 mins cd of guardian affecting us and how good the increase of duration of inquisition spell? I'm mostly talking about pve here.

    Thanks for reading this.

  2. #2
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,256
    I would like to know this but I would also add a question whether our survivability in the sense of soloing content/mobs has gotten any worse or possibly better?

  3. #3
    Epic! Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Drinking Kool-aid with Gul'dan
    Posts
    1,644
    It might be because i was in four set tier 16 gear but it felt like my DPS had doubled, the inquisition buff is just amazing! i don't have to constantly refresh the damn thing anymore, and the four set bonus for tier 16 is great, overall we're definantly better on the PTR than live.

    Staying alive is somewhat easy, but then again i was in normal mode SoO gear...eternal flame is pretty good for staying alive, even on the live realms i could go toe to toe with a blood death knight in terms of survival....a raid geared blood DK mind you but still.

  4. #4
    Warchief Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    2,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It might be because i was in four set tier 16 gear but it felt like my DPS had doubled, the inquisition buff is just amazing! i don't have to constantly refresh the damn thing anymore, and the four set bonus for tier 16 is great, overall we're definantly better on the PTR than live.

    Staying alive is somewhat easy, but then again i was in normal mode SoO gear...eternal flame is pretty good for staying alive, even on the live realms i could go toe to toe with a blood death knight in terms of survival....a raid geared blood DK mind you but still.
    Ohh nice..interesting I thought without our holy templar verdict set bonus from T15 our dps and dmg will be lowered?

  5. #5
    Epic! Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Drinking Kool-aid with Gul'dan
    Posts
    1,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Ohh nice..interesting I thought without our holy templar verdict set bonus from T15 our dps and dmg will be lowered?
    Oh...well erm...i never actually got the four set bonus for tier 15...so i wouldn't know about that, but the occasional free divine storm with 50% extra damage feels like a massive DPS boost for someone without that tier 15 set bonus. All i know is most of my abilaties where doing damage between 70k-200k, never lower, and that i was killing mobs with 5000k hp alot faster, but as i say, i was in raid gear.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Ohh nice..interesting I thought without our holy templar verdict set bonus from T15 our dps and dmg will be lowered?
    The t15 4pc is good, but not nearly so good that going up a full tier is a DPS loss.

  7. #7
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,520
    our dps will be competitive on aoe fights or aoe phases (by competitive I mean best by a fucking mile) but our single target compared to others are lower middle range, you'll definitely want to hang on to our current 4set and use that for single target fights. In general we're in a great spot for next tier, you shouldn't have much trouble making yourself noticed.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

  8. #8
    Do we still want to keep our t15 4set if its normal mode or only if its heroic upgraded? I know with weapon damage taking a huge jump our holy TVs would have serious potential but wouldn't the huge gap in stats from 530 ilvl t15 to 551 or whatever ilvl SoO tier is be worth ditching the t15?

  9. #9
    you can change from t15 4 pc to t16 4ps but not from 4pc to 2pc, and with the t16 4pc you switch for divine purpose, this a dps gain clearly, and the new trinket coordinate perfectly with AW and ES! so you just burst normally aw 0-2min-4min-6min and Goak 0-3min-6min. in Soo there will be soo much aoe to do that we will litterally spam DS like hell ^^ this is my first source on damage on the ptr followed by mastery! in some fights we can top the meters!

    can't wait to have the warfoged trinket that reduces the cds by 50%! it will be a 1min AW and 1min 30 Goak! constantly bursting during fights xD
    Last edited by pgr; 2013-09-02 at 06:26 AM.

  10. #10
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,520
    T16 4set has little to no impact on our single target so the main benefit from it would be the higher stats and maybe if a fight has mini aoe phases, T15 4set even with slightly lower stats is much better than T16 4set. But yes, you'd want to have the T15 tier pieces upgraded. The higher ilvl the better, most of us are going to have 4piece T15 until we get 4set T16 anyways and depending on the guild you're in that's going to be a long time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by pgr View Post
    you can change from t15 4 pc to t16 4ps but not from 4pc to 2pc, and with the t16 4pc you switch for divine purpose, this a dps gain clearly, and the new trinket coordinate perfectly with AW and ES! so you just burst normally aw 0-2min-4min-6min and Goak 0-3min-6min. in Soo there will be soo much aoe to do that we will litterally spam DS like hell ^^ this is my first source on damage on the ptr followed by mastery! in some fights we can top the meters!

    can't wait to have the warfoged trinket that reduces the cds by 50%! it will be a 1min AW and 1min 30 Goak! constantly bursting during fights xD
    on AOE fights you'd use Divine Purpose so the cd reducing trinket isn't as important, for single target fights you'd go with 4set T15, CD reducing trinket and Sanctified Wrath. Enjoy your 37-50% uptime on wings and huge (massive) TV hits.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

  11. #11
    now i can see there's a polemic about gemming to mastery against haste because of this t16 and DP allowing to gain 2 gcd and making our hp generator somehow useless after you hit a certain cap on haste! so i really still don't know if 4p t15 will still be that viable even in a single target fight but i'm really not sure!

  12. #12
    We're getting a major dps buff and we'll be one of the top dps classes next patch. I do agree with 4/4 t15 for single target fights since the new tier does dip squat to our single target dps compared to other class tiers.

  13. #13
    Question: Any ideea if the proc from t16 4-pc could also proc Divine Purpose? I really like that talent (since i like procs alot) and if it would trigger even more it could be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    People QQ about EVERYTHING. Even the smallest.
    Except AoE looting. Everyone fucking loves AoE looting and would go as far as making it their sole reasong to resub...
    *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by KonkeroaR View Post
    Fuck it, I'm going all in. WoW will lose 30 million subs when WoD launches and the remaining -22 million subscriber deficit will bankrupt Blizzard entirely.

  14. #14
    Pandaren Monk solvexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    1,779
    What about in terms of PvP for Ret?

  15. #15
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,520
    Quote Originally Posted by lolhorribads View Post
    We're getting a major dps buff and we'll be one of the top dps classes next patch. I do agree with 4/4 t15 for single target fights since the new tier does dip squat to our single target dps compared to other class tiers.
    Guardian CD being reduced to 3 minutes but the buff can only stack to 12 or something isn't a big buff, it's gonna make us burst more often but weaker compared to how it's now.. 4set is a aoe dps increase from previous tier but previous tier 4set is a better single target increase until ilvl scales out.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aly31 View Post
    Question: Any ideea if the proc from t16 4-pc could also proc Divine Purpose? I really like that talent (since i like procs alot) and if it would trigger even more it could be awesome!
    Yes, 4set can proc from Divine Purpose and Divine Purpose can proc from the 4set.
    On PTR I've done 23 Divine Storms in a row.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    What about in terms of PvP for Ret?
    Reduced CD on Guardian makes damage better, utility we get a huge buff... fear, shorter cd on defensive spells and if you got the option there's some mental strong trinkets you can use in PvP that drops from the new raid.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by pgr View Post
    in Soo there will be soo much aoe to do that we will litterally spam DS like hell
    Spamming HotR as well and the target requirement isn't gone. Isn't really anyone who can make the necessary noise to raise Blizzard's attention on this subject ?

  17. #17
    I hate HotR so much... -_-
    A lot of Muslims are great people. A lot of Christians are great people. a lot of atheists are great people. a lot of Hindu are great people.
    A lot of Muslims are also bad terrible people. A lot of Christians are also bad terrible people. A lot of Hindu are also bad terrible people.
    Religion should not be your deciding point on if someone is a "Good guy" or not, ever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •