Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    yes, it would take in the past, but it would make the storyline cohesive. instead of going from cata, to BC, you go cata to cata, so that you can have 1-70 the same. Rather, it would bring it up to date... as they will not do a Cata Revamp for a long long time. So in essence, it would be up to date.
    It would mean adding bits of story that haven't been there before, partly to storylines, that are already finished, like Garrosh's.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-08-19 at 07:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    It would mean adding bits of story that haven't been there before, partly to storyline, that are already finished, like Garrosh's.
    He means that instead of going cata (1-60) to TBC (back in time), to Wrath, and then back to cata, you would go Cata (1-60) to Outland (with cata story expanding from 1-60) to Wrath (time travel, he explained it in his OP) and back to Cata. Far more cohesive then what the story is like now.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    He means that instead of going cata (1-60) to TBC (back in time), to Wrath, and then back to cata, you would go Cata (1-60) to Outland (with cata story expanding from 1-60) to Wrath (time travel, he explained it in his OP) and back to Cata. Far more cohesive then what the story is like now.
    I know. He explained it. But then it would add bits of story to the game, at points in the past, that are relevant to storylines, that are already finished now. Why would we want to watch Garrosh recruit people on Outland, when we not only know he'll fail in recruiting them, but also fail in the large scheme of things. Or more importantly, why would they spend time on telling those kinds of stories? If they ever do an Outland revamp it will most likely bring things up to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would mean adding bits of story that haven't been there before, partly to storyline, that are already finished, like Garrosh's.
    so you are telling me, if you were to revamp outlands, you would go cata- new expansion and eventually back to cata?

There is a big chunk of story already missing from all the Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria lore. Example, where is Rexxar when we need him, not even for warchief, but to help the horde? Why did Tyrande go berserk? Why has Garrosh become a racist dictator, since the last time we saw him he was simply an inexperienced leader? Why does Wrathion think hes the last black dragon? These things, and more, can be explained this way, and I saw it fit to do such.

But, to, why go back to Garrosh's time? Simply for Continuity time's sake, so go azeroth (cata), Outlands (cata), Wotlk (CoT-cata), Cata, MoP, then new expansion. Its all for cohesive and continuity story.

Deleted
    so you are telling me, if you were to revamp outlands, you would go cata- new expansion and eventually back to cata?

There is a big chunk of story already missing from all the Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria lore. Example, where is Rexxar when we need him, not even for warchief, but to help the horde? Why did Tyrande go berserk? Why has Garrosh become a racist dictator, since the last time we saw him he was simply an inexperienced leader? Why does Wrathion think hes the last black dragon? These things, and more, can be explained this way, and I saw it fit to do such.

But, to, why go back to Garrosh's time? Simply for Continuity time's sake, so go azeroth (cata), Outlands (cata), Wotlk (CoT-cata), Cata, MoP, then new expansion. Its all for cohesive and continuity story.
    It's still a weird concept. I doubt they would ever do it like that. But you're right, it would still not make sense timeline-wise, so it would be pretty pointless to bring Outland up to date. The only real way of making everything coherent is to update everything all at once. So I doubt they will ever do it. Best to just leave Outland as it is.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-08-19 at 08:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know.
    Ah, I thought you didn't understand what he was getting, but it just me not understanding that you actually did! Sorry ^^
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Ah, I thought you didn't understand what he was getting, but it just me not understanding that you actually did! Sorry ^^
    No problem

Ill be honest I didn't read any of it, but I would enjoy an outland revamp if done correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I did. I wrote it all, 15873 words. When I get into a mood to write, either being papers, fiction, classes, or this, I simply write.
    ... can you write my Theses paper?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know. He explained it. But then it would add bits of story to the game, at points in the past, that are relevant to storylines, that are already finished now. Why would we want to watch Garrosh recruit people on Outland, when we not only know he'll fail in recruiting them, but also fail in the large scheme of things. Or more importantly, why would they spend time on telling those kinds of stories? If they ever do an Outland revamp it will most likely bring things up to date.
    Well, the stories are simply stories. We already know the eventual Outcome, Deathwing dies, Twilight Hammer destroyed, Garrosh dying, Wrathion is not the last Black Dragon. So, while we already know it, this would be a perfect way to exploit past characters, to give them some more time to shine, to explore how would war effect Outlands, how Garrosh recruits more Mag'har and Gronn into his mix. Its also not about him trying to recruit, it there to give him character development, as he is one of the poorest written characters in game, this simply sends an inexperienced leader down a path to eventual self destruction. This is basically to give people the understanding of the character. This would bring Outlands up to date, and they could easily fit in a storyline that will eventually lead the Burning Legion back to Azeroth if they please, but we did not understand this at the time. The point being, they can have an easy flowing storyline, with no real interruptions in between.

It's still a weird concept. I doubt they would ever do it like that. But you're right, it would still not make sense timeline-wise, so it would be pretty pointless to bring Outland up to date. The only real way of making everything coherent is to update everything all at once. So I doubt they will ever do it. Best to just leave Outland as it is.
    Or, you could do it my way, and simply place it with Cata? There will eventually be a Revamp to Outland, if we like it or not. I simply do not wish it to be "lvl 90+" lore, rather keeping it in the same time as earlier content, because we all know that they will not redo Azeroth, at least for another 8 years. So I made outlands fit with "current" content. As, when you level, you do feel deathwing and twilight hammer threat, you do feel war between horde and alliance, until you hit BC, then Wrath, then back to dw & th and then MoP. So I wanted it to be the same. Technically Cata is still current content, even if we already killed Dw, you do not find this out post 85, so I simply kept it all the same, even having Deathwing show up in Outland.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    ... can you write my Theses paper?
    lol 22 pages at 12 times new roman font? I dont even know what its about. =P But no, I do not help people "cheat."
    Last edited by Skayth; 2013-08-19 at 08:28 AM.

I don't want unique quest rewards and dungeon drops to disappear.. revamped zones and instances had made some of my alt to be unable to get some unique looks for xmogs such as the Bloodmail set from Scholomance or the Scarlet Crusade set from SM.. or worse, some mounts are now extinct

I love it, great job. I think it's time for an Outland revamp as well (I think the 1-60 revamped content is some of the best content in the game)...would be nice if they rolled out such a revamp if they ever introduced demon hunters as a hero class, the class could start in Outlands.

Nice read but I don't want more revamps.

New content is infinitely more exciting to me

Deleted
    While I'm all in favour of Outland (and Northrend for that matter) being revamped I think it should be as 90+ zones so as not to run into the same problem as Cata.

I stopped reading at "With Garrosh going from the inexperienced to a ruthless dictator..." because that's really not true. Garrosh was a huge douchebag in Northrend, considering in his conversation with Saurfang in Borean Tundra where he only considers things like supply lines an excuse to destroy the Alliance, and tries to justify the Orc's slaughter of Draenei children with "But surely you do cannot think that those children were born into innocence? They would have grown up and taken arms against us!" - among other things he pulls in Northrend.

There's no point in trying to fill plotholes that aren't really plotholes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woah, you took your time.
    But Outland shouldn't be revamped, it's the last remaining thing we have of early WoW, too much nostalgia comes from that place. I love outlands the way it is and wish for Blizzard to not ruin it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    Woah, you took your time.
    But Outland shouldn't be revamped, it's the last remaining thing we have of early WoW, too much nostalgia comes from that place. I love outlands the way it is and wish for Blizzard to not ruin it.
    It's quite clear that blizzard cares more about good gameplay than nostalgia. Come WoW's 10th anniversary Northrend will be as old as Azeroth was when it was revamped in Cata and Outland will be older still. Both are well due to for a revamp. And if nostalgia is such an issue a Caverns of Times thing can clear that up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    It's quite clear that blizzard cares more about good gameplay than nostalgia. Come WoW's 10th anniversary Northrend will be as old as Azeroth was when it was revamped in Cata and Outland will be older still. Both are well due to for a revamp. And if nostalgia is such an issue a Caverns of Times thing can clear that up.
    Noo, Outlands was great and should not be touched. There is no reason to go back to Outlands anyways, if a Legion expansion does come we will see ourselves in Azeroth or somewhere else. BC was the best expansion, they should not ruin it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    Noo, Outlands was great and should not be touched. There is no reason to go back to Outlands anyways, if a Legion expansion does come we will see ourselves in Azeroth or somewhere else. BC was the best expansion, they should not ruin it.
    Sorry but regardless of how much you enjoyed TBC it's almost 8 years old now. It's outdated and is due for replacement, especially if Blizzard is moving into a new era of dynamic content which will look very different to anything Outland has to offer. Try not to let the rose-tinted glasses affect your judgment too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Sorry but regardless of how much you enjoyed TBC it's almost 8 years old now. It's outdated and is due for replacement, especially if Blizzard is moving into a new era of dynamic content which will look very different to anything Outland has to offer. Try not to let the rose-tinted glasses affect your judgment too much.
    I don't care how old it is, leave it alone.