Deleted

does this gfx work with the setup?

my friend would get This setup.
    But he still has a Sapphire 7770Hd Ghz edition 1Gb5ddr. Would it be a good idea to keep using it for now or replace it with the one in the setup?

The GTX 660 that comes with that build is MUCH better than the 7770 so yes you will want to replace it with the one in the setup. Though you could change a few things in that setup to make it last longer.

edit: 8gb of ram will help things run a little smoother when you got alot of stuff going on(and help the rig last longer) so you should have them order 2 of the sticks of HyperX.
    They can also grab a WD Blue drive for a teeny bit more(WD is pretty top-notch).
    As for PSU's, they could go with XFX instead of the Corsair CX series(better quality, CX series are kinda iffy at times imo).
    They could save some dough grabbing this ASRock Mobo instead of the Gigabyte one too.
    Last edited by tielknight; 2013-08-18 at 01:21 PM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    They could save some dough grabbing this ASRock Mobo instead of the Gigabyte one too.
    The gigabyte board has a better power design, which will help with overclocking. So I would keep that.

Deleted
    edit: 8gb of ram will help things run a little smoother when you got alot of stuff going on(and help the rig last longer) so you should have them order 2 of the sticks of HyperX.
    yes I told him that aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    The gigabyte board has a better power design, which will help with overclocking. So I would keep that.
    I'm not sure if he will do any overclocking, I will ask him, but would you keep the gigabyte if he would?
    Last edited by mmocefd74b7d86; 2013-08-18 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 44thsavage View Post
    yes I told him that aswell

I'm not sure if he will do any overclocking, I will ask him, but would you keep the gigabyte if he would?
    If they do overclock they would also want to get a aftermarket cooler to help keep temps low though @ 3.5ghz they should be fine without overclocking unless they play WoW alot, which is very CPU dependant.

Do you happen to know what they are going to use it for?
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

Deleted
    If they do overclock they would also want to get a aftermarket cooler to help keep temps low though @ 3.5ghz they should be fine without overclocking unless they play WoW alot, which is very CPU dependant.

Do you happen to know what they are going to use it for?
    he's not gonna overclock, he did want SLI possibilities but thats not possible with this mobo is it.
    It's mostly for gaming

he's not gonna overclock, he did want SLI possibilities but thats not possible with this mobo is it.
    It's mostly for gaming
    General gaming or do they play WoW alot? If it's mostly general gaming than you should be fine without overclocking.

If they are wanting to SLI in the future than you probably want a different mobo and PSU at least to be prepared for when they want to grab that extra gtx 660

Deleted
    no more wow, you could question if you can ever quit wow ... but he doesn't play for now atleast

no more wow, you could question if you can ever quit wow ... but he doesn't play for now atleast
    Alrighty then they should be fine for now without any overclocking and sticking with the AMD CPU (WoW hates them). Your gonna want to get a ~550w+ PSU for leave room for that second GTX and a new mobo. I'm not to keen on what mobo's are good for SLI, though I do know a good PSU.