New to pvp: question

Ok so I piked up pvp as a rogue a few weeks ago and I run into this problem dozes of times now. I play assassin for now (till I learn what counters what then I'll consider going sub/get pvp gear) but how on earth do I kill a monk healer? stuns are pointless and he never has a cast bar... im at a loss here. Maybe some of u have tips that im missing.

and don't just tell me to reroll or respec.

Quote Originally Posted by Cires the Insane View Post
    Ok so I piked up pvp as a rogue a few weeks ago and I run into this problem dozes of times now. I play assassin for now (till I learn what counters what then I'll consider going sub/get pvp gear) but how on earth do I kill a monk healer? stuns are pointless and he never has a cast bar... im at a loss here. Maybe some of u have tips that im missing.

and don't just tell me to reroll or respec.
    MW Monks are difficult because of their Dematerialize passive, especially for classes why rely on stuns (I hate Rogues, so I'm happy they can't kill everything anymore). However, that ability has a 10sec CD, so if you stun a MW or anyone does, they won't get that passive again for 8sec (as it lasts for 2sec, I think).

Knowing that is a huge bonus, because you just don't burst until those 2sec (maybe it's 3) have passed as you will miss/be dodged. Also, it's a big bonus for Sub Rogues because they can use Garrote while in Shadow Dance. I know you said you don't want to reroll or respec, but opening w/Garrote, then Cheap Shot (triggering Dematerialize), then bursting after the MW is hittable again, then Kick, Gouge, Blind... plenty of ways to interrupt any casted heals.

They have a spammable instant ability Healing Sphere which is targetable at a location, so they can just keep casting it on themselves. However, it doesn't heal for a lot and costs a decent amount of mana. I'm guessing you are having issues primarily because of a lack of PvP power since you're new to PvP on this guy, but hopefully knowing about these MW abilities will help.

Unless he or she is severely undergeared, I've found that healers extraordinarily difficult to solo, just like they were at the end of WotLK. In Wrath, they could just spam their biggest heals without ever running out of mana. Now, everyone just has so much health that it's almost not possible to keep someone silenced long enough to actually kill them. Sure, you'll get them down pretty low, but then they all have some ability that instantly heals them by at LEAST 30%, then they just CC you and get to full without expending all that much mana. It seemed to me that Cata was the only time where there was a decent balance between heals and health pools such to give anyone at least a CHANCE to kill a healer.

You've basically got 2 choices as of now:
    1) Gang up on him (good luck in randoms)
    2) A more viable option in randoms where no one is cooperating is to simply keep the healer silenced/stunned/incapacitated/LoSed as much as you can while everyone else mindlessly wails on the FC or whomever happens to be their target of choice.

Another couple of suggestions:
    I haven't played assassination at all this expansion so I can't give you its weaknesses, but I can extol the virtues of subtlety.
    Download the addon "Healer Have to Die". It puts a large, red "+" over anyone healing over a certain threshold (by default set to recognize a healer's typical output).