Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What if 5 holy powers = Holy templar Verdict

Hey everyone, as the title says what do you think of this idea? that making the 100% holy dmg of templar verdictas a baseline of retri only if you use it when you have 5 holy powers. If you are using it with 3 holy power or less than 5 you will get the normal weak lackluster templar verdict (the one without the current 4th bonus of T15).

What do you think of this idea? will it finally fix the ret dmg issue? I'm not saying it's totally bad now but let us be honest we are still one of the weakest melee for heroic raiding in my personal opinion.

Discuss please and thanks for reading.

There's a ret damage issue?

I dont know what ret dmg issue, from PTR experience its one of the strongest meeles besides rogues ofc.

Short answer: No, terrible idea.

Longer answer: The entire point behind the HP system in MOP is that there is absolutely no difference between using a finisher at 5 HP and 3 HP, the 5 HP is meant so that you can bank HP without capping, but spending at 3, 4, and 5 are equivalent. Your "solution" would be the same as if we just went back to the Cataclysm system.

Yeah I don't really see a point to having a scaling HP consumer. I mean we had that in Cata and who the fuck used the 1-2 version? Aside from maintained buffs like Inq people will just go "Eh, 5 points must be best" and then no one will care about it having a range.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad we moved away from this model, and have the model we have now.

I don't think it needs to be changed.

I think 3 HP TV with 5HP pool for buildup is sufficient enough.

This wouldn't actually be fixing any problems, to be completely honest.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

I almost wonder if they'll revisit that old Seal of Justice design - and a Holy TV seems like a decent way of doing it. Take the same 5 stack mechanic that it had before and tie it into converting TV into Holy damage - so it would look like this:

• 1 stack: 20% Holy, 80% physical
    • 2 stacks: 40% Holy, 60% Physical
    • 3 stacks: 60% Holy, 40% physical
    • 4 stacks: 80% Holy, 20% physical
    • 5 stacks: 100% Holy

Right now it's still a boring slow and with the new Glyph of BoG, it doesn't feel like it's going to get any use.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather a whole GIANT Seal/Judgement overhaul/revisit for that matter having it less static, and basic.

Also Exorcism, I think that should work with the seal (and the idea of judging and exorcising based on a current seal) to boost DPS.

Make it less "Press when" and more "Press at any point to achieve XYZ level of effect, based on your intended desire" and such.

I think TV/ HP Should be left apart from Seals/ Judgement apart from getting HP.

I want Seal of the Crusader back! Especially with the Early TBC graphic!
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-08-18 at 08:45 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post

Longer answer: The entire point behind the HP system in MOP is that there is absolutely no difference between using a finisher at 5 HP and 3 HP, the 5 HP is meant so that you can bank HP without capping, but spending at 3, 4, and 5 are equivalent. Your "solution" would be the same as if we just went back to the Cataclysm system.
    This. They changed to the 5hp system so that you could have a little flexibility to your rotation rather than just capping HP then using a finisher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    This. They changed to the 5hp system so that you could have a little flexibility to your rotation rather than just capping HP then using a finisher.
    Yeah but my idea is to buff templar verdict because to be honest as a finisher? it's kinda very weak (talking about the normal Templar Verdict not the holy one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post

Exactly this. I like having a pool that's larger than the cost of TV. If there was a 5 holy power TV, I'd feel obligated to use it and I think it'd made my paladin feel more rigid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jahasafrat View Post
    Exactly this. I like having a pool that's larger than the cost of TV. If there was a 5 holy power TV, I'd feel obligated to use it and I think it'd made my paladin feel more rigid.

That's true indeed but don't you want a stable good dmg finisher templar? instead of depending on RNG and luck? because let us be honest without the holy templar the normal templar is really so weak and sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Upon reaching 5 Holy Power the Paladin is overwhelmed by the Light gaining a righteous aura and transforms into a Lightbringer (some sort of cool uber power ranger of the light). While under the effect of the Lightbringer the Paladins abilities are enhanced providing more powerful abilities which deplete 1 Holy Power. Effect lasts until all Holy Power is consumed or depleted.

Crusader Strike deals 10% more damage.

Excorsism deals 12.5% additional damage over 15 sec.

Templar's Verdict consumes all Holy Power (5 required) to pass on judgement and snap out of the Lightbringer. Insert something here.

Not saying there is currently anything wrong with Paladins, but their visuals are so damn boring. That goes for any melee class though.

What ever the amount of holy power stored would be, we would be generating HP till the cap, then using our abilities like we do now. I like the bank system they have in place now. It's Fluid and works. Once Inq is extended come patch day I think ret will be in a sweet spot

I would like to see however some more melee tools at our disposal. eg shield and sword abilities that are ret only

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    fix the ret dmg issue?
    There isn't a ret damage issue, not needed at all.

No. Then it will be wrong to use the 3 hp one which defeats the purpose. All this change really does is reduce the number of TV we use.

I would rather see something more along the lines of "Whenever you use a total of 10 Holy Power your next Templar's Verdict will deal all Holy Damage".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmour View Post
    There isn't a ret damage issue, not needed at all.
    Well there is no dmg issues if we are talking about raiding normals but retri still suffering from so many problems in term of dmg compare to let say rogues or locks. Not saying we are so bad we are in fact wit hthe tier15 set bonus we are way better than we used to be but my main concern is that our finisher TV is very weak if you compare it for example with DK Obliterate.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Well there is no dmg issues if we are talking about raiding normals but retri still suffering from so many problems in term of dmg compare to let say rogues or locks. Not saying we are so bad we are in fact wit hthe tier15 set bonus we are way better than we used to be but my main concern is that our finisher TV is very weak if you compare it for example with DK Obliterate.
    We're also a hybrid class, whereas those are pure dps classes, sans dks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    We're also a hybrid class, whereas those are pure dps classes, sans dks.
    Yeah but dks aren't pure classes and their finisher is way stronger than ours and even faster. We also still suffer from the switching syndrome. Whenever there is a boss that require constant switching to adds we suffer sooo much. Example, this tier content will be Horridon heroic...as a ret or enha shaman the best thing to do if you wanna do a decent dps/dmg is to be full time 100% on boss and not switching to adds at all.