Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17314 - numbers pass

Hunter (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    - Nothing

Discuss. How do you feel about these changes?

This build was on 3 days ago, 16.08. And this build bring DKs to top.
    So chill a bit

- Hunters everywhere trying to explain to Blizzard you can't balance hunters around ilvl 520-530.
    - Blizzard tells us we will be relatively higher than we were last tier, not to worry.
    - All classes sim about 10-15k less than last tier due to RPPM changes.
    - All classes, but hunters, gets buffed to offset RPPM changes.

That's my thoughts. Still simming 14k less than I do on live, all other classes got buffs to offset the RPPM changes. We will be low-mid pack again if we go live like this. As it stands with this newest build, I think we are actually relatively lower than last tier. Blizzard already acknowledge we were low in ToT, so unless they completely forgot about hunters we won't go live as it stands.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2013-08-18 at 09:23 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get ready, the next Bandaid of the Hawk buff is coming soon! Even though it only hurts the class long-term. Devs are too lazy to fix hunter scaling, even though it wouldn't even be too tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Get ready, the next Bandaid of the Hawk buff is coming soon! Even though it only hurts the class long-term. Devs are too lazy to fix hunter scaling, even though it wouldn't even be too tricky.
    I can see it now:
    The Hunter takes on the aspects of a hawk, increasing ranged attack power by 35%.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    I can see it now:
    The Hunter takes on the aspects of a hawk, increasing ranged attack power by 35%.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20981313

Anyone else get just a single Kill Shot on the PTR... doesn't seem to reset if target not killed. Tooltip still says it should but never read anything about any nerfs to it

Quote Originally Posted by Lundmark View Post
    Anyone else get just a single Kill Shot on the PTR... doesn't seem to reset if target not killed. Tooltip still says it should but never read anything about any nerfs to it
    Oh god please let Kill Shot work correctly on patch day.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly getting worried. I've had a relaxed attitude so far with the PTR stuff, but 5.4 is coming very close, and we haven't seen any real number tuning for hunters yet. (There's just been some moving dmg around from ability x to ability y).

It just feels like we're kinda forgotten. Except when they're adding glyphs to make Aspect of the Pack range smaller, or giving 10% dmg reduction on Camoflauge...
    Last edited by Beace; 2013-08-19 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    ...they're adding glyphs to make Aspect of the Pack range smaller...
    Was hoping they would add another attribute to that one... smaller range but make it work like a druids roar speed increase...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Oh god please let Kill Shot work correctly on patch day.
    I have 15ms 100ish fps (dunno if that affects it at all)
    today I was able to fit in a kill command and 2 arcane shots before my kill shot reset for a 2nd hit...this is on live. its occassionally bad like that, definitely hope it doesnt get any worse

Quote Originally Posted by lightplay View Post
    I have 15ms 100ish fps (dunno if that affects it at all)
    today I was able to fit in a kill command and 2 arcane shots before my kill shot reset for a 2nd hit...this is on live. its occassionally bad like that, definitely hope it doesnt get any worse
    get closer to the boss. that should solve your delay issues with KS

lol, does every ptr build get to be all about huntards? i think its about time dks have the spot light.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    lol, does every ptr build get to be all about huntards? i think its about time dks have the spot light.
    The point is that they have said they are going to address the Hunter DPS issues (ie that they are quite low) and keep telling us to be patient and that they will get to the numbers tuning eventually.

However, what it appears instead, is that we are completely forgotten, so we'll start out pretty lame and then get a band-aid Aspect of the Hawk fix two weeks in to bring our numbers up, which is pretty much the most boring and least useful way to buff our numbers.

Deleted
    Go away you ugly troll!

Funny how I just noticed your avatar is a troll...

10+ Year Old Account
    You're in the hunter forums genius.

Deleted
    IMO the worst thing is, these bandaid buffs are coming after top guilds have been on farmmode for weeks and semi hc guilds are most likely progressing on garrosh and when dps is no longer an issue for raidcomp, because of gear other classes have gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    I can see it now:

is those big changes coming?

Quote Originally Posted by soviett View Post
    IMO the worst thing is, these bandaid buffs are coming after top guilds have been on farmmode for weeks and semi hc guilds are most likely progressing on garrosh and when dps is no longer an issue for raidcomp, because of gear other classes have gotten.
    Yeah... Let's see...

T13: 4.3.5 - AotH buffed, Black Arrow buffed
    T14: 5.1 - AotH buffed
    T15: 5.3 - AotH buffed, Blink Strikes buffed
    T16: 5.5 - AotH buffed???

Deleted
    Yea, I am not sure any longer. I play a hunter so of course I would like to see buffs, but I am honestly not sure we need them. I haven't played much on the PTR, so most of this is just speculation.

I looked at my guilds last HC Ji-Kun kill and ran the numbers for Kill command and Arcane shot exclusively, going of the assumption that the same distribution of crits and hits of the two spells would be the same (unlikely and I know that it is a rather small sample size). Afterwards it did occur to me that I had not done anything about the fact that there will be 2 Kill Commands less due to readiness going away.

But anyway, just comparing the Arcane Shot/Kill Command it turned out to be around a 7k dps increase. So depending on how much DPS the Stampede changes give I think that we are going to be fine, bear in mind that most higher output classes are getting tuned down a bit (Mages, Enhancment Shamans). So we will most likely actually be higher in general than what we were before.