18 month old shot for insurance policy?

I remember when I first heard for this story thinking how horrible that must have been for the mother. After that I really didn't follow the case. However it may turn out that the mother had the baby killed for insurance money.

http://nydailynews.com/news/national...icle-1.1430117

People are shit. As such they do shitty things. Sad but true.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

There are many within our society that no longer view life as sacred. I'm not talking from a religious sense, but just a humanitarian sense.

It has taken billions of years for our species to get to this point, and the percentile chance of each individuals existence is mathematically impossible, and yet here we are all, and we treat life so poorly. Life sadly has become a commodity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    There are many within our society that no longer view life as sacred. I'm not talking from a religious sense, but just a humanitarian sense.

It has taken billions of years for our species to get to this point, and the percentile chance of each individuals existence is mathematically impossible, and yet here we are all, and we treat life so poorly. Life sadly has become a commodity.
    Er... I'm pretty sure infanticide has been rampant throughout the ages...

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post

Just saying.
    How does that disprove my point though? I'm not saying it is a recent phenomenon at all, I just find it sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post

Just saying.
    THIS...IS...SPARTAAAA!

OT: If true, that's even more horrible

Deleted
    How does that disprove my point though? I'm not saying it is a recent phenomenon at all, I just find it sad.
    It was more in response to that segment, it never was viewed as sacred.

If a malformed baby was born, it was drowned at birth.

Young children, from the age of 5 onwards were brutally trained to enter the legions.

They were used, abused, worked, tortured, raped, and killed - Life has never been sacred to humanity...

Pretending otherwise, as i read into that - is ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Life is sacred." If everything that ever lived is dead, and everything alive is going to die, where does the sacred part come in?

Look at what we kill, mosquitoes and flies; because they're pests. Lions and tigers; because it's fun. Chickens and pigs; because we're hungry. Pheasants and quail; because it's fun, and we're hungry. And people, we kill people, because they're pests... and it's fun!

The sanctity of life doesn't seem to apply to cancer cells either. Rarely ever do you see people holding signs that say "Save the tumors!". Viruses, mold, mildew, maggots, fungus, weeds, E. Coli, bacteria, the crabs. Nothing sacred about those things. So at best, the sanctity of life is kind of a selective thing. We get to choose what forms of life we feel are sacred and we get to kill the rest.

Pretty neat deal, huh? You know how we got it? We made the whole thing up!