Throne of Thunder
Throne of Thunder
As for my raids,
1: Kara - such a cool concept the fact I wondered what that tower was for back in Vanilla and that when we heard about TBC and that kara was a long raid for 10 people I was well excited. Enjoyed most of the fights there great raid, and the tower it self was brilliant with all the random little rooms your could visit etc.
2: AQ20 - Loved the theme there and enjoyed most of the boss fights. In Vanilla it was rare to do such movement on boss fights (last boss kiting for example and buru kiting)
3: Ulduar - Nuff said!
4: Naxx level 60 version, purely because of nostalgia (and items you can no longer obtain)
5: Throne of thunder, have not done much of it due to other reasons but what I have done really enjoyed! (completed it in LFR only)
3. Naxx(40m ofc!)
1. Throne of Thunder
3. Black Temple
5. Blackwing Descent
1. ToT (lots of unique bosses and scenery, just feels like a real raid)
2. BT (same as ToT)
3. Karazhan (first raid nostalgia but still good overall)
4. TO4W (scenery is amazing, no other raid like it)
People who put Ulduar as #1, why? I see a lot of "Ulduar is the best"(not just in this thread) but hardly any reasonable opinions on how and why, so I'm just curious if people actually raided Ulduar while it was current.
Last edited by kappa; 2013-08-19 at 12:16 PM.
1. Naxx 40
2. AQ 40
4. Throne of Thunder
2. Icecrown Citadel
3. Throne of Thunder
5. Blackwing Descent
1. Black Temple
5. Tempest Keep
1. Karazhan. It was the first proper raid I actually got to run with my guild, and I have a lot of good memories from running it. I still ran it with alt groups all the way through the end of TBC just because I enjoyed it so much.
2. Naxxramas (level 80 version; I was playing in Classic but never got to see the level 60 version). I was so excited about Naxx when it first came out in Classic, and I thought it looked like a lot of fun when I watched videos of world-first guilds running it. I was really happy when Wrath gave me a chance to run it.
3. Serpentshrine Cavern. Again, lots of good memories running it with my guild. We mostly steamrolled everything and didn't have any trouble with a lot of raids up to that point in TBC, and SSC was the first raid that really challenged us.
4. AQ20. One of the few raids I actually did in Classic. I was undergeared as a tank, but I had a friend who was in a more progressed guild at the time, and they allowed friends/alts in on some of their AQ20 runs when the more geared people didn't care for running it. I had a lot of fun in those runs. I got to feel like a badass once because their more geared tank died on the scorpion boss, and I managed to pick it up/save the day afterwards. xD
5. Black Temple. I loved the lore, the "dark" theme, art, bosses, and everything about the place. I still don't quite get how Teron Gorefiend fits in there with Illidan and his crew, but whatever.
I enjoyed most of the raids in Cataclysm and MoP, but most of my favorite raids are from BC. BC was my favorite expansion by far when it came to raiding.
Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-08-19 at 01:48 PM.
First 2 is prooly nostalgia, since the most fun I had was at the start of cata. Good friends, what can I say.
PvE is a minigame // Rerolled from affly to spriest after 8 years, thx pandaland changes
Hm, let's see.
- 1 - Naxxramas, my first raid ever. I really enjoyed doing this one a lot, both with my guild and with pugs. Really awesome;
- 2 - Ulduar. Another great raid. I never finished it when it was released because unfortunately, my guild couldn't beat it at that time, still a good raid;
- 3 - Icecrown Citadel is another one that is favourite due to all the lore it's involved in it.
That's really it. I don't have more that are a favourite to me.
1. Black Temple (loved all of the unique fights)
2. BWL (Nafarian was epic, best 40 man raid)
3. SSC (Cool concept, loved the fights)
4. AQ40/AQ20 (great theme, epic when you had 40/20 people riding through the tunnels, great mechanics)
5. ZG or Kara both very very cool, I think ZG edges it out just based on the theme.
I miss those days, these new raids feel so rushed and are waaaay too linear.
Hyal, ToT, BT, BWL, ToC
BT was not half as linear you could skip bosses and change orders, ZG and Kara are also very similar in being able to skip and change orders. Vanilla raids were all linear but they atleast were epic, the biggest issue with raids now is that there isn't anything different. There needs to be a change in raids after so many years, linear or not its all been done before at this point and there seems to be little movement to anything new from the dev team. There will never be a fight as epic as Nafarian or Illidan at this point simply because of it already being done but variety new raid styles/mechanics. An arena/gladitor type raid, something new! Also Hyjal was another epic one, remember some fun nights raiding Hyjal, possibly beause it was something different but mainly because of how social it was.