Deleted

New Prot Warrior having AoE Threat Problems

I'm in the process of gearing my warrior alt for a possible switch from my main monk depending on how the patch works out.

I've done all LFRs and some random raids so far and I have massive problems with keeping AoE threat.

I use:
    - Heroic Leap or Charge into the adds
    - Thunderclap on CD
    - Demo Shout on CD
    - ShockWave on CD
    - Cleave on Ultimatum Proc
    - Revenge while switching through the adds
    - Shield Slam on CD on different adds

I only keep the aggro of mobs I have Shield-Slammed once or twice everything else seems totally ineffective. It's not only better geared tanks pulling off me but DPS as well.
    Compared to the AoE threat of my monk this feels impossible.

What am I doing wrong? How can I improve my rotation?

edit: added ShockWave which I use but forgot to mention
    Last edited by mmoc9d483e0a37; 2013-08-19 at 09:53 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    for aoe use shockwave - dragons roar generates alot of threat aswell - but with a long cd..

Deleted
    Forgot about ShockWave. I use that as well. Doesn't seem to help much. (edited OP)

It seems weird that we don't have any spam-able or hard-hitting abilities that hit all mobs.

Deleted
    When in doubt throw down a mocking banner and blast a couple huge shockwaves

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    When in doubt throw down a mocking banner and blast a couple huge shockwaves
    If only Shockwave didn't have a cooldown.

15+ Year Old Account
    It would really help if you could give a specific example of an aoe situation you want to fix.

I will give an example of one in LFR. The adds at dark animus

What I do is charge in thunderclap, Leap over to the other side , wait a second for them to be colapsed then let a dragon roar with bloodbath out and by then Tclap cna generaly be used agian and then I go into regular SS rev rotationand make sure I cycle through targets.

If you are tanking with a monk...well just go make a sandwich or something!

10+ Year Old Account
    you're gonna have to generate more snap threat to hold on long enough to build proper vengeance.

try bladestorm + bloodbath. or dragon's roar might be better with bloodbath idk.
    Last edited by Racthoh; 2013-08-19 at 03:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    you're gonna have to generate more snap threat to hold on long enough to build proper vengeance.

try bladestorm + bloodbath. or dragon's roar might be better with bloodbath idk.
    The thing with Droar and Bb is there cd's line up perfectly so you can macro BBand then Droar to make sure every time you get both off togethere and its a great single target combo for our rotation as well

10+ Year Old Account
    yep bladestorm probably suffers from having bloodbath overwriting itself over and over so i think there's some damage loss there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find that it is very important to get the first hit in before the other tank, this helps build rage and vengeance. If you have another tank that does not use rage, then feel free to taunt off of him as well. Especially if that tank pulls off of you. It would be great if we could have thunderclap use more of our AP like in WoTLK, but Blizz felt that was too OP. But we are supposed to be getting a 40% increase to our threat so hopefully that will help your situation.

Dragons roar with blood bath on pulls usually does the job, if you dont get any initial vengance say godbye to you mobs if youre tanking with any other class though. good news is that with the thunderclap and deep wounds buff on ptr we have much better aoe threat.

Deleted
    are you gemmed and enchanted spam revenge