Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    That isn't a defence. "Sorry Your Honour, I don't know what came over me. I was just powerless to stop myself being an accessory to a crime!" ...
    It's not a defense, it's about understanding people and being empathetic, something you people completely lack here.

You will prolly get a small fine some community service and the judge will prolly not let it stand on your record

But it just goes to show how a little stupid mistake can totaly butt fuck your life

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It's not a defense, it's about understanding people and being empathetic, something you people completely lack here.
    Yes, because in this case he was powerless to stop himself. He acknowledged his discomfort at the situation as and when it happened, so he was concious enough to say "Just leave it, it isn't worth it...". He didn't, ergo he deserves to be punished.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    Yes, because in this case he was powerless to stop himself. He acknowledged his discomfort at the situation as and when it happened, so he was concious enough to say "Just leave it, it isn't worth it...". He didn't, ergo he deserves to be punished.
    The courts recognize this somewhat, by pleading guilty straight away and admitting it - the judge may take mercy, or be lighter in dealing punishment - Iirc the term is called credit...

It's basically the person saying they knew they fucked up badly, and are bending over to "receive" lady justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Petty theft of something not worth even 20$ goes to court? What? Sounds like a lot of expenses over a trivial thing.

I'm fairly certain you'd only get a fine for it around here and it wouldn't even temporarily show up in your criminal record.

Not really helping you, I know, but it just sounded strange.

Reading this thread reminds me of all the mistakes I made when I was a kid...

What's done is done, now you can only look for a way to fix it. I can bet this won't go on your permanent record, probably community service and a fine.

Live and learn though man, hang out with stupid people and you become one. Big reason why I don't hang out with a majority of my childhood friends.

" Im going to have a petty theft thing on my record for the rest of my life, how is this fair? "

How is that not fair? It would be unfair if you didn't actually do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Errol Flynn View Post
    Reading this thread reminds me of all the mistakes I made when I was a kid...
    I can hardly call 18 year old a "kid".
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    Your first mistake was committing a crime, your second mistake was admitting it to the Police. Never admit anything, make them work for their conviction, they cannot do anything to you without evidence.

Are you in Florida? Just guessing because they have lots of Albertsons and their arrest sheets are yellow.

If so, you can probably take a plea where you plead no contest with the promise not to get in trouble for the next 6 months - 1 year. Once you stay out of trouble for the required time, the conviction gets wiped from your record. Not sure of the legal term, but it's pretty standard for a first time, non-serious offense.

Deleted
    I suggest that you find a lawyer and talk to him/her about this instead of asking for help on a gaming forum which isn't qualified to properly help you, and I think you've had plenty of help by now.