Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    you dont quit wow.. wow quits you....

*mind-blown

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I don't believe you. I've never gotten addicted to anything, and I've done my share of things that are very addictive.
    Great argument! Let me try...

I don't believe in heart attacks. I've never had a heart attack, and I've done my share of things that are supposed to be very bad for your heart.
    I don't believe in drowning. I spent 75% of my summers as a kid in the pool and have gone swimming in the ocean on multiple occasions without drowning.
    I don't believe in alcoholism. I used to get hammered every weekend when I was serving in the army but now I limit myself to one or two drinks every couple of months or so.

Heart disease, drowning, and alcoholism: cured!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post

I don't believe in heart attacks. I've never had a heart attack, and I've done my share of things that are supposed to be very bad for your heart.
    I don't believe in drowning. I spent 75% of my summers as a kid in the pool and have gone swimming in the ocean on multiple occasions without drowning.
    I don't believe in alcoholism. I used to get hammered every weekend when I was serving in the army but now I limit myself to one or two drinks every couple of months or so.

Someone give this man the Nobel prize!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I don't believe you. I've never gotten addicted to anything, and I've done my share of things that are very addictive. I think when you get psychologically addicted to something you simply lack discipline. As for physical addiction, that is very real. But even there it is very much possible to quit before things get ugly.
    Then you are a fool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why not...you know...just play it? It's just a game, it's not an addiction.
    Aye, OP makes it sound like stopping is the only right choice.

When I enjoy WoW, I play it....when I don't, I stop playing it. I guess the OP played either way and is making himself believe he should be proud over something as stopping playing something he actually likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post

Made me chuckle ^^

I'm addicted to sitting behind my pc in general, but I never found myself addicted to 1 single activity. And cut the guy some slack, it's hard to understand something you've never expirienced, especially when it's an addiction that's so easy to get rid off.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2013-08-19 at 10:22 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    Halp! Save me from.... The World Of Warcraft!
    Running from the urge wont stop the addiction. I was in your shoes with the same feeling (WotLK to Cataclysm era). There's many things I've done to try and quit, but looking back on everything, I've come to the realization that I needed to counter the obsession. You need a job and other hobbies that interest you. Invest time into other games as well. Lastly, don't look at WoW like it's an everlasting drug. Friend it, and let it move on by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    Halp! Save me from.... The World Of Warcraft!
    Resistance is futile!