1. #1

    Cool Holy Priest / Feral tactics 2v2

    Hi!

    Im new to this setup an I would love some ideas how to play this comp, like the best cc chains, if both should play agressiv etc.

    I play priest btw and my highest mmr this season is 2030mmr as Disc/UnhDK

    Thanks in advance!!!

  2. #2
    Feral sit one target whille you chastise->cyclone->fear->mc second and heal with instants to sustain mana. Also you can help with dps when control target is in a full fear, but it's really not needed since feral's perfectly capable of landing kill solo. There's really no counter to this setup, at best if both teams are equally matched skill wise there're couple setups that can draw out on blade edge arena. Our BG top 2v2 is multi R1 feral+priest and they've ~300/~10 win/loss stat. If you got to 2030 mmr with UnhDK you should be perfectly capable to break 2.2K with feral who knows what he's doing.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Feral sit one target whille you chastise->cyclone->fear->mc second and heal with instants to sustain mana. Also you can help with dps when control target is in a full fear, but it's really not needed since feral's perfectly capable of landing kill solo. There's really no counter to this setup, at best if both teams are equally matched skill wise there're couple setups that can draw out on blade edge arena. Our BG top 2v2 is multi R1 feral+priest and they've ~300/~10 win/loss stat. If you got to 2030 mmr with UnhDK you should be perfectly capable to break 2.2K with feral who knows what he's doing.
    Thank you for your answer, This sounds fair, but should the feral save his insta cyclone because we have used insta cyclone as a starter. Maybe we should try your way tonight I have also played pretty aggressiv putting me in alot of cc, Maybe its time to go more def? thanks again dude.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Disiznxt View Post
    Thank you for your answer, This sounds fair, but should the feral save his insta cyclone because we have used insta cyclone as a starter. Maybe we should try your way tonight I have also played pretty aggressiv putting me in alot of cc, Maybe its time to go more def? thanks again dude.
    As this comp you can play hugely offensive with no real worry about anything. If your Feral gets in trouble he can just disperse or ursoc, or dash to a pillar and typhoon people away from himself. If you're going to eat a long CC chain you can call it out and he can just wall early also.

    If you play it right, you have a ton of CC that is pretty hard for the enemy team to avoid. Your Feral can pick a target, open on that with a roar or treant stun on the other person. Out of that CC, he can do a roar or treant stun (whichever he didn't use) long enough to get an instant cyclone out. Before cyclone ends you should spectral guise (so it can't be stopped) into a fear a tiny bit after clone ends (so it doesn't immune). While your enemy is feared, you can help out on DPS for a bit or top your Feral (although if he's low he can HotW NS himself) - but remember to be in a good position 2-3 seconds before Fear ends to start casting mind control.

    Mind control three times over, by which time cyclone will be off DR. As your enemy is running back to his DPS you can cyclone three times (topping your Feral in the cyclone durations), chastise out of the final cyclone and run in for a fear (make sure he's chastised or you're spectral guised so he can't avoid it). During this fear you can again top your Feral or help out on damage.

    By this time, you would've forced trinket with at least one of these CCs and assuming you didn't mess up and your positioning was good enough for you to not be CCd when trying to do your CC, then their healer or second DPS would've been CCd for (3+3+6+8+8+4+2+6+3+1.5+3+8) 55.5 seconds. Obviously some classes have some immunities and a well timed trinket could mess your CC chain up, although saving chastise in your CC chain for trinkets is really good.

    Now, I know that the CC chain won't land every game, in fact, I doubt you'll ever get a game where it's even anything near as clean as that (the enemy team can and will stop you), but the idea is Feral/Priest has a huge CC chain which is benefited by the fact that Feral really doesn't need much healing at all in 1v1 situations, as with heart of the wild, disperse, shield wall, barkskin, might of ursoc and multiple treant stuns they shouldn't really be taking that much damage.

  5. #5
    Thank you for that detailed "guide" how to be a cc GOD Snuggli

  6. #6
    need tips for the most op comp in the game? grrr.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Decorpse View Post
    need tips for the most op comp in the game? grrr.
    I was waiting for a reply like this, lol

  8. #8
    Pit Lord Malgru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My computer chair
    Posts
    2,396
    ride dps into the ground, if you cant kill through all the cc that you have, youre doing something wrong.

    root->fear, cyclone, bash, treant stun, mind control, mind control, fear, cyclone, treant stun

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •