Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Australian baseball player shot dead

just saw it on australian TV , a baseball player from australia who got a scholarship to go to america was shot dead by 3 american teenage boys , the youngest 15 years old. Random shooting apparently , shot in the back whilst walking home.

So, lets hear the americans who defend gun laws that give 15 year old kids the chance to wield guns.....
    No wonder the whole world hates ur country , the australian player was a amazing athlete and was just shot RANDOMLY by a bunch of idiots in america. Probably would'nt have happened anywhere else , because everywhere else , there isnt a 15 year old kid wielding guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong subforum, and a little bit of nation bashing...

Also, going to leave this here.

Probably would'nt have happened anywhere else , because everywhere else , there isnt a 15 year old kid wielding guns
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-08-19 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Clearly it was america and guns to blame not criminals and their crimes. I suppose if he were stabbed or just beaten to death with punches and blunt force trauma from mundane things like pipes and boots, like so many are, it wouldn't be worthy of a soap box?
    actually the fact that he came to america and was randomly killed is my point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Wrong subforum, and a little bit of nation bashing...
    Little bit?
    No wonder the whole world hates ur country
    is pretty solid nation bashing. And OP clearly you are upset but did you really think just anyone at any age can own a handgun? I mean come on a little common sense here.

Clearly it was america and guns to blame not criminals and their crimes. I suppose if he were stabbed or just beaten to death with punches and blunt force trauma from mundane things like pipes and boots, like so many are, it wouldn't be worthy of a soap box?
    and O MY GOD the argument that "its the people not the guns" , think of it this way friend , if there were no guns , then what could the people do ? they wouldnt shoot the person cos their wouldnt be any guns ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Little bit?

is pretty solid nation bashing. And OP clearly you are upset but did you really think just anyone at any age can own a handgun? I mean come on a little common sense here.
    i didnt think anyone who wasnt in the army could own a handgun , atleast in my country , but in america , i guess thats legal.

Agreed. I probably should not add this but I will. If it was 3 black kids it will be swept under the rug by the media. If it was 3 white kids we will get a Nancy grace special about troubled youth in America.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomken View Post
    Everytime I try to Que for LFR, the game completely crashes. WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    It's probably trying to save you a headache.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    A person moves to Australia.

That person is killed in a car accident.

AUSTRALIA HAS TERRIBLE DRIVERS! THE WORLD HATES YOU BECAUSE YOUR DRIVERS ARE TERRIBLE!

...See what I did there?

A person moves to Australia.

That person is killed in a car accident.

AUSTRALIA HAS TERRIBLE DRIVERS! THE WORLD HATES YOU BECAUSE YOUR DRIVERS ARE TERRIBLE!

...See what I did there?
    because dying in a car crash is the same as dying by a 15 year old teenage person with a gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about the six young Australians accused of committing murder in South America? Does that make all Australians bad or just those six guys?

Americans answer to everything is basically to give more and more guna to more and more people because, the more you give, the 'safer you will be'.

It sounds absolutely ridiculously stupid to most of the rest of the world. But the gun lobby over there is so powerful they keep public sentiment and opinion in support of these sorts of stupid actions.

No, your point was clearly a rant about guns. Australia's draconian laws with respect to weapon ownership of any kind has done nothing to impact crime rates. If Australia has less crime (by percentage) than America it's because gangs and gang mentality hasn't infected its society on the scale it has in the US. Crime in the US (or anywhere else) isn't generated by guns it's generated by criminals.
    do u think guns are good ?

Please lock and ban OP. History of trolling and this thread is ridiculous on multiple levels.

and O MY GOD the argument that "its the people not the guns" , think of it this way friend , if there were no guns , then what could the people do ? they wouldnt shoot the person cos their wouldnt be any guns ?

- - - Updated - - -

i didnt think anyone who wasnt in the army could own a handgun , atleast in my country , but in america , i guess thats legal.

You clearly haven't been paying attention to any news regarding the US, the US's constitution and laws, and the whole "criminal vs. tool" argument regarding guns. LEt me put it to you shortly:

No guns for the citizens = less defense for citizens. Corrupt, untrustworthy gov, rising home invasions, theft, rape, assault, etc. Kids are not allowed to have guns in most areas and those that are have to go through hunter safety school (at least here in the midwest where hunting is a big time sport they do). Those kids that killed the baseball player would have still had a gun in all likelihood. Do you understand now? Changing the law won't change anything in this nation for an overall better unfortunately. The only thing that needs to change is the mentality of people.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

10+ Year Old Account
    because dying in a car crash is the same as dying by a 15 year old teenage person with a gun.
    The point is you're blaming a country for something that it cannot control, there will always be a way for anyone to get a gun, no matter how restrictive laws are.

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno, but kids who openly declared that they were going on a killing spree and killed atleast 1 other person could maybe.... Kill someone with a heavy object like a pipe, stab someone with a knife, break his neck, choke him to death, make a bomb from info on the internet, light him on fire, run him over with the car, dump chemicals over him, kidnap him and leave him to starve to death.

I guess if you were at the point that you had decided you were going to go kill multiple people it wouldnt really matter if you didnt steal someones gun.

do u think guns are good ?
    Now you're obviously trolling.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

The point is you're blaming a country for something that it cannot control, there will always be a way for anyone to get a gun, no matter how restrictive laws are.
    So ur country has no control over its people..nice country there mang.

10+ Year Old Account
    So ur country has no control over its people..nice country there mang.
    Reporting troll and moving on, others should follow suit.

10+ Year Old Account
    i didnt think anyone who wasnt in the army could own a handgun , at least in my country , but in america , i guess thats legal.
    If you are indeed Australian then no, it's legal to own them there as well over 3/4 of a million people in Australia owned guns in 2007. Semi-auto rifles are limited to government agencies. handguns you have to get a special permit for target shooting to own one.

and O MY GOD the argument that "its the people not the guns" , think of it this way friend , if there were no guns , then what could the people do ? they wouldnt shoot the person cos their wouldnt be any guns ?.
    If there were no guns then they would have beat him to death with a bat. How do you think they killed people before guns? It's the people who are capable of doing these things, not the weapon. You could kill someone with a floppy disc. That doesn't mean the floppy disc is bad.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.