Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It would be nice to see slight updates, like seeing Exodar somewhat repaired or Undercity expanded more. Outside of subtle updates or touching up the graphics here and there, updating them massively is, regrettably, a waste of resources for the moment.

Now that blizzard is finally merging realms, they might be more open to making other capital cities viable and convenient by adding portals. I think that before the merges blizzard didn't want stormwind/orgrimmar to be empty so they made sure they were the most convenient cities to afk in.

If they don't though, they will never update old cities because simply very few people actually visit them.

Deleted
    I hate undercity. Too vertically stacked with tiers, corridors and inner/outer rings. They should have the elevator shafts go straight to bottom, no tiers, and no corridors to navigate through. Open it up so it's spacious and easy to move around. Think of 2nd tier in dk city.

I don't think they need "facelifts".

However I've wanted all the capitals to have all the major conveniences (ie, transmog/void storage/reforge/upgrade vendors), and possibly connecting portals for as long as I've played. Why Blizzard wants us all crammed in SW/Org and the other cities empty is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Everyone would chill in Org / SW anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still have my Hearthstone set to Silvermoon/Ironforge on my characters high enough to use the Blasted Lands portal (City -> Blasted -> Dark Portal -> Org/SW) if I need to access any of the newer features.

People avoid the other cities because they're now lacking amenities. People also like to see other people (hence cross-server shenanigans) while they're out and about, so to make a shrinking population seem full of life, they've tried to contain the population to one city per faction. It's even worse for Silvermoon and the Exodar. The lack of flying adds yet another reason.

Also a minor rage point: What's with the lack of mailboxes in Thunder Bluff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djbicepsirl View Post
    Everyone would chill in Org / SW anyways.
    Nope /10chars
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Yeah I think all the "Dead" faction city's need a Facelift, because it's just no point strut around there, even in RP-servers some of the Faction capitals stay dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Silvermoon and Argus are A) Ghost towns and B) way newer than Org or SW. Perhaps they could sneak a face lift in and for shits and giggles see how it takes for someone to actually notice

Quote Originally Posted by Luccas View Post
    Mind you that Exodar isn't even a city but a wreckage of a spaceship, thus it's high time Draenei built themselves a proper capital city on Azeroth.
    I agree with this. One of Blizzard's excuses for the lack of draenei lore is that they don't have a city, easy solution is to build one for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I agree with this. One of Blizzard's excuses for the lack of draenei lore is that they don't have a city, easy solution is to build one for them.
    The Exodar is actually repaired and functional, according to Velen's short story. If anything it should be updated to show that it's at least repaired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They did build some pretty monumental structures on Draenor. They must have left all their architects behind when they hid/fled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Just place some more vendors there, make some portals to the cities and blam - more people. I'm so tired of Orgrimmar...
    This pretty much. I actually liked going to Silvermoon City and Thunder Bluff . Also enjoyed Ironforge for Alliance side. Never liked Stormwind or Orgrimmar that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Given the magic nature of Silvermoon, I would have thought all those Cata portals should have been there instead of Orgrimmar
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

I would like to see all the other cities get used more often. Maybe some incentive to be in your "home" city based on what race you are would be nice, at least (the races that don't truly have home cities could use their closest ones, like Ironforge for Gnomes). I am getting a bit tired of the "you must be in Stormwind or Orgrimmar, or you are not cool" thing the game has been doing since Cataclysm.

Especially the really rarely-used cities like Exodar and Darnassus. Darnassus was one of the most beautifully designed areas in the game, and I think it sucks that we have very little reason to go there outside of the starting Night Elf / Worgen quests (or achievement whoring, if you're into that). Same with Exodar. I realize that revamping any of those cities wouldn't make sense if we don't have any reason to visit them, but the "reason to visit them" problem is what I'd like to see get fixed more than anything.

I do think other capitals need some love. All services should be available at all of them.

Exodar and Silvermoon need revamps. Darnassus and Undercity would be cool to get a few updates.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I do think other capitals need some love. All services should be available at all of them.

Exodar and Silvermoon need revamps. Darnassus and Undercity would be cool to get a few updates.
    I'd say TB, Exodar and Darn need updates more than Silvermoon.

Really Silvermoon doesn't need any updates at all, it's a very nice city, and visually one of the most detailed and beautiful cities in game.

Exodar by far needs to be cleaned up, even ignoring the fact that the entire city feels like a still just-crashed spaceship, with the entrance still broken and smoking/sparking, the sections are confusing as all hell, and everything is very randomly placed and half-hidden.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-08-20 at 02:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i tend to stand in the panda capital(got my HS there) or undercity, never silvermoon, thats a ghost town or should i say "ghostcapital"

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I'd say TB, Exodar and Darn need updates more then Silvermoon.
    WTB updated Temple structures in Darnassus. They updated them in places like Feralas, but completely left the models in Darnassus.

Deleted
    Stormwind and Orgrimmar have been centralised too much, not only do they have the AH but they have the Shrines, boats to Northrend, and portal to Pandaria. They are links to all expansion content. The other cities lack most of the 3 latter points, which makes them much less valuable. Cities like Exodar, Undercity and Ironforge are just too inconvinient in terms of layout, and generally Stormwind and Orgrimmar are far more iconic (Humans and Orcs) than say, the Dwarves or Tauren.

They would have to add incentive to the cities to make them worthwhile going to, even if they gave all cities the same benefits, people will likely still use Stormwind and Orgrimmar simply due to a habit that is now surely reinforced. Instead, they should add a unique benefit to the other cities, for example (and only an example):

If your Hearthstone is set in a city, or whilst you're inside a city, you gain a bonus:

Thunder Bluff - increases speed of skinning, mining, herbalism and fishing. Hearthstone cooldown reduced by 25%.
    Undercity - resurrection sickness reduced by 50%, spirit form speed increased by 50%, penalty of death reduced by 25%.
    Silvermoon - consumables replenish over time
    Ironforge - durability repairs over time, faster rate inside IF
    Exodar - acrue rested bonus at a 1000% rate whilst logged in, 200% rate whilst logged out
    Darnassus - increases the rate at which tradeskill professions are leveled