Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Every single time I go to one of those cities I see maybe 2-3 players in there. There's no point revamping a ghost town.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Every single time I go to one of those cities I see maybe 2-3 players in there. There's no point revamping a ghost town.
    Blizzard did that on purpose. Honestly, with Virtual Realms making things more populated I don't see any reason to force people into specific cities and they should just make them equal. If the cities were equal you'd see a more people in those cities.

It would be nice to see slight updates, like seeing Exodar somewhat repaired or Undercity expanded more. Outside of subtle updates or touching up the graphics here and there, updating them massively is, regrettably, a waste of resources for the moment.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

Now that blizzard is finally merging realms, they might be more open to making other capital cities viable and convenient by adding portals. I think that before the merges blizzard didn't want stormwind/orgrimmar to be empty so they made sure they were the most convenient cities to afk in.

If they don't though, they will never update old cities because simply very few people actually visit them.

I hate undercity. Too vertically stacked with tiers, corridors and inner/outer rings. They should have the elevator shafts go straight to bottom, no tiers, and no corridors to navigate through. Open it up so it's spacious and easy to move around. Think of 2nd tier in dk city.

Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Crapaclysm made them ghost towns by not only refusing to add amenities to them like portals, barbershops, and other conveniences, but they removed the reforgers and auxiliary portals to said cities from hubs like Dalaran and Shat. Ironforge used to have more people in it than Stormwind and Darnassus had a quiet group of regulars always in the city but because Blizz wanted to reinforce the notion that it's Orcs vs. Humans, Orgrimmar and Stormwind were thrust to center stage at the expense of every other city (interesting pattern with Stormwind ruining other cities use just like the High King ruined other faction leaders).
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Night Elf Independence Movement

I don't think they need "facelifts".

However I've wanted all the capitals to have all the major conveniences (ie, transmog/void storage/reforge/upgrade vendors), and possibly connecting portals for as long as I've played. Why Blizzard wants us all crammed in SW/Org and the other cities empty is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Everyone would chill in Org / SW anyways.

I still have my Hearthstone set to Silvermoon/Ironforge on my characters high enough to use the Blasted Lands portal (City -> Blasted -> Dark Portal -> Org/SW) if I need to access any of the newer features.

People avoid the other cities because they're now lacking amenities. People also like to see other people (hence cross-server shenanigans) while they're out and about, so to make a shrinking population seem full of life, they've tried to contain the population to one city per faction. It's even worse for Silvermoon and the Exodar. The lack of flying adds yet another reason.

Also a minor rage point: What's with the lack of mailboxes in Thunder Bluff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Djbicepsirl View Post
    Nope /10chars
    Black sunglasses with skinny jeans, that's me
    With groovy steps, skinny red, that's me
    All my people on the web (click me)
    All my people on sites (click me)
    singin' lalalalalalala

Yeah I think all the "Dead" faction city's need a Facelift, because it's just no point strut around there, even in RP-servers some of the Faction capitals stay dead.

Silvermoon and Argus are A) Ghost towns and B) way newer than Org or SW. Perhaps they could sneak a face lift in and for shits and giggles see how it takes for someone to actually notice

Mind you that Exodar isn't even a city but a wreckage of a spaceship, thus it's high time Draenei built themselves a proper capital city on Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    On a related note, I'd love for non-Orgrimmar or Stormwind cities to be the main cities next expac. For Dark Below, revamp Darnassus and Undercity... make Org and SW useless for 90-95.
    Dark Below isn't a real expansion. Stop trying to pretend that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Luccas View Post
    Mind you that Exodar isn't even a city but a wreckage of a spaceship, thus it's high time Draenei built themselves a proper capital city on Azeroth.
    I agree with this. One of Blizzard's excuses for the lack of draenei lore is that they don't have a city, easy solution is to build one for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I agree with this. One of Blizzard's excuses for the lack of draenei lore is that they don't have a city, easy solution is to build one for them.
    The Exodar is actually repaired and functional, according to Velen's short story. If anything it should be updated to show that it's at least repaired.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They did build some pretty monumental structures on Draenor. They must have left all their architects behind when they hid/fled.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djbicepsirl View Post
    I never wasted time in SW or Orgrimmar on any of my toons respectively. I spent time in Darnassus and Thunder Bluff just hanging out. I only went to Org/SW to use the portals and reforge/transmog.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    The Exodar is actually repaired and functional, according to Velen's short story. If anything it should be updated to show that it's at least repaired.
    then it can fly back to draenor with all the draenei on board.

and explode cause they bought engine components from goblins.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Night Elf Independence Movement

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Just place some more vendors there, make some portals to the cities and blam - more people. I'm so tired of Orgrimmar...
    This pretty much. I actually liked going to Silvermoon City and Thunder Bluff . Also enjoyed Ironforge for Alliance side. Never liked Stormwind or Orgrimmar that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Song that's currently stuck in my head: Carbon Based Lifeforms - 20 Minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbPT1t-4gUs

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    Well, even if, why would they want to keep living inside a speceship when they can build a city?