Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Given the magic nature of Silvermoon, I would have thought all those Cata portals should have been there instead of Orgrimmar
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

I would like to see all the other cities get used more often. Maybe some incentive to be in your "home" city based on what race you are would be nice, at least (the races that don't truly have home cities could use their closest ones, like Ironforge for Gnomes). I am getting a bit tired of the "you must be in Stormwind or Orgrimmar, or you are not cool" thing the game has been doing since Cataclysm.

Especially the really rarely-used cities like Exodar and Darnassus. Darnassus was one of the most beautifully designed areas in the game, and I think it sucks that we have very little reason to go there outside of the starting Night Elf / Worgen quests (or achievement whoring, if you're into that). Same with Exodar. I realize that revamping any of those cities wouldn't make sense if we don't have any reason to visit them, but the "reason to visit them" problem is what I'd like to see get fixed more than anything.

I do think other capitals need some love. All services should be available at all of them.

Exodar and Silvermoon need revamps. Darnassus and Undercity would be cool to get a few updates.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I do think other capitals need some love. All services should be available at all of them.

Exodar and Silvermoon need revamps. Darnassus and Undercity would be cool to get a few updates.
    I'd say TB, Exodar and Darn need updates more than Silvermoon.

Really Silvermoon doesn't need any updates at all, it's a very nice city, and visually one of the most detailed and beautiful cities in game.

Exodar by far needs to be cleaned up, even ignoring the fact that the entire city feels like a still just-crashed spaceship, with the entrance still broken and smoking/sparking, the sections are confusing as all hell, and everything is very randomly placed and half-hidden.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-08-20 at 02:18 PM.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

Stood in the Fire Rageadon the Huntard's Avatar
    i tend to stand in the panda capital(got my HS there) or undercity, never silvermoon, thats a ghost town or should i say "ghostcapital"

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I'd say TB, Exodar and Darn need updates more then Silvermoon.
    WTB updated Temple structures in Darnassus. They updated them in places like Feralas, but completely left the models in Darnassus.

Stormwind and Orgrimmar have been centralised too much, not only do they have the AH but they have the Shrines, boats to Northrend, and portal to Pandaria. They are links to all expansion content. The other cities lack most of the 3 latter points, which makes them much less valuable. Cities like Exodar, Undercity and Ironforge are just too inconvinient in terms of layout, and generally Stormwind and Orgrimmar are far more iconic (Humans and Orcs) than say, the Dwarves or Tauren.

They would have to add incentive to the cities to make them worthwhile going to, even if they gave all cities the same benefits, people will likely still use Stormwind and Orgrimmar simply due to a habit that is now surely reinforced. Instead, they should add a unique benefit to the other cities, for example (and only an example):

If your Hearthstone is set in a city, or whilst you're inside a city, you gain a bonus:

Thunder Bluff - increases speed of skinning, mining, herbalism and fishing. Hearthstone cooldown reduced by 25%.
    Undercity - resurrection sickness reduced by 50%, spirit form speed increased by 50%, penalty of death reduced by 25%.
    Silvermoon - consumables replenish over time
    Ironforge - durability repairs over time, faster rate inside IF
    Exodar - acrue rested bonus at a 1000% rate whilst logged in, 200% rate whilst logged out
    Darnassus - increases the rate at which tradeskill professions are leveled

No.

It is time for them to actually make them useful.

I'd love if they fixed up Silvermoon, but I doubt they will any time soon because everyone would scream about how they could have used the time spent on it to develop twenty new raids and an expansion pack.

Still, even with half of the city being wrecked it still manages to be the second-best city in the game (Behind Dalaran), all it really needs is a little modernization, removing the Kael'thas statues, adding in portals, etc.

But really,with the major plot advancement they've been giving to Blood Elves, it would be pretty heinous if Blizzard didn't fix the city eventually.
    FIRE SKY BAR CHUCKLE SKY BUNNY BAR SKY CHARMER SKY DIAMOND DOLL SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY

Instead of face lifting them, give each Major city a daily quest hub area (similar to how Shattrath had dailies for aldor/scryer), but make each city have a story and a purpose. Then you will have a reason to go to other cities and go through their lore/story. Learn more about the different races hopefully and spread players out around the world more.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week we discuss Bill Cosby

I'd love it if they opened up the back end of Silvermoon, putting in a nice big Port on the other side of those gates. Maybe three or four boat travel lanes... To Orgrimmar, to the Sunwell Isle, to Revantusk Village and maybe Bogpaddle or Grom'Gol.

*shrug*
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    What new content would you be willing to give up so that artists could focus on Silvermoon?
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...74553311293440

And sacrifice their precious raid content? Blasphemy!
    How about Pet Battles?
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

Titan
    Undercity needs it's roof removing. It was made 'flight enabled', but it's still the single most difficult city to get into and navigate on a flying mount. No flying in Silvermoon, fine, spreading everything onto different tiers in TB, fine, but having a flight-enabled-not-good-for-flying city, please no.
    [...]

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Just place some more vendors there, make some portals to the cities and blam - more people. I'm so tired of Orgrimmar...
    Indeed who the hell was responsible for removing all the portals in shattrath and dalaran I will never know..

Nothing gets a damn facelift until they fix the giant hole in the ground in stormwind.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Herald of the Titans Suffer the Consequences's Avatar
    In a bunker, stockpiling an arsenal you wouldn't fucking believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    What new content would you be willing to give up so that artists could focus on Silvermoon?
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...74553311293440

And sacrifice their precious raid content? Blasphemy!
    I like how "there are separate teams" and "well you give up this if we make that" are used interchangeably by the development team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Standing up to an enemy she can't possibly defeat is more bad ass than Thrall using his magic penny to turn Deathwing into glitter.

There is no point until we have a reason to keep visiting these cities. It would be a waste of time and money otherwise.

In Cata Orgrimmar and Stormwind became each factions central hub so there was a real reason to upgrade them.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Undercity needs it's roof removing. It was made 'flight enabled', but it's still the single most difficult city to get into and navigate on a flying mount. No flying in Silvermoon, fine, spreading everything onto different tiers in TB, fine, but having a flight-enabled-not-good-for-flying city, please no.
    I have no troubles flying and navigating into Undercity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    I like how "there are separate teams" and "well you give up this if we make that" are used interchangeably by the development team.
    Ummmm, what are you talking about? Artists work on -all- stuff. Artists even work on pet battles which is a UI team issue. The UI team are not artists. The art team are artists. Do you want the artists to give blockers to the raid dev team, the pet battles team, etc just to give a largely unnecessary face lift to cities that are not primarily used as content hubs right now?

No, no don't wanna be a hipster but a big star
    And I wanna see my name tattooed where your tits are

Yes;
    And make the other capital cities actually worthwhile.

Place the same main portals in them - put worthwhile questing in there -Spruce them up. There's a reason nobody goes there and giving people a reason fixes the only real complaint people seem to have.

Also; Have you folks seen Silvermoon on any actual RP server?
    It's fuller than Orgrimmar half the time on Wyrmrest Accord US. Totally a waste of resources for a decent sized portion of the community - Especially when it's expanded to benefit everybody.

-- Signature by /the/ Crazytaco --

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    i miss the days of being alliance and spending all my city time in Ironforge....hate how they forced us to org/SW in cata
    This really... For Alliance at the very least you had a choice. IF is easily accessible to SW and with no portals in vanilla Azeroth it made no difference which city you were in. Once Cataclysm hit though no one used it anymore because all the portals were in SW. With the introduction of the etheral vendors and no equivalent in IF it still goes unused...
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    The dishonest are want to identify dishonesty, even where it doesn't exist.