Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No.

It is time for them to actually make them useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love if they fixed up Silvermoon, but I doubt they will any time soon because everyone would scream about how they could have used the time spent on it to develop twenty new raids and an expansion pack.

Still, even with half of the city being wrecked it still manages to be the second-best city in the game (Behind Dalaran), all it really needs is a little modernization, removing the Kael'thas statues, adding in portals, etc.

But really,with the major plot advancement they've been giving to Blood Elves, it would be pretty heinous if Blizzard didn't fix the city eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of face lifting them, give each Major city a daily quest hub area (similar to how Shattrath had dailies for aldor/scryer), but make each city have a story and a purpose. Then you will have a reason to go to other cities and go through their lore/story. Learn more about the different races hopefully and spread players out around the world more.
    Hi

I'd love it if they opened up the back end of Silvermoon, putting in a nice big Port on the other side of those gates. Maybe three or four boat travel lanes... To Orgrimmar, to the Sunwell Isle, to Revantusk Village and maybe Bogpaddle or Grom'Gol.

*shrug*
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    What new content would you be willing to give up so that artists could focus on Silvermoon?
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...74553311293440

And sacrifice their precious raid content? Blasphemy!
    How about Pet Battles?
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Just place some more vendors there, make some portals to the cities and blam - more people. I'm so tired of Orgrimmar...
    Indeed who the hell was responsible for removing all the portals in shattrath and dalaran I will never know..

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing gets a damn facelift until they fix the giant hole in the ground in stormwind.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    What new content would you be willing to give up so that artists could focus on Silvermoon?
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...74553311293440

And sacrifice their precious raid content? Blasphemy!
    I like how "there are separate teams" and "well you give up this if we make that" are used interchangeably by the development team.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

There is no point until we have a reason to keep visiting these cities. It would be a waste of time and money otherwise.

In Cata Orgrimmar and Stormwind became each factions central hub so there was a real reason to upgrade them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Undercity needs it's roof removing. It was made 'flight enabled', but it's still the single most difficult city to get into and navigate on a flying mount. No flying in Silvermoon, fine, spreading everything onto different tiers in TB, fine, but having a flight-enabled-not-good-for-flying city, please no.
    I have no troubles flying and navigating into Undercity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    I like how "there are separate teams" and "well you give up this if we make that" are used interchangeably by the development team.
    Ummmm, what are you talking about? Artists work on -all- stuff. Artists even work on pet battles which is a UI team issue. The UI team are not artists. The art team are artists. Do you want the artists to give blockers to the raid dev team, the pet battles team, etc just to give a largely unnecessary face lift to cities that are not primarily used as content hubs right now?

Yes;
    And make the other capital cities actually worthwhile.

Place the same main portals in them - put worthwhile questing in there -Spruce them up. There's a reason nobody goes there and giving people a reason fixes the only real complaint people seem to have.

Also; Have you folks seen Silvermoon on any actual RP server?
    It's fuller than Orgrimmar half the time on Wyrmrest Accord US. Totally a waste of resources for a decent sized portion of the community - Especially when it's expanded to benefit everybody.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    i miss the days of being alliance and spending all my city time in Ironforge....hate how they forced us to org/SW in cata
    This really... For Alliance at the very least you had a choice. IF is easily accessible to SW and with no portals in vanilla Azeroth it made no difference which city you were in. Once Cataclysm hit though no one used it anymore because all the portals were in SW. With the introduction of the etheral vendors and no equivalent in IF it still goes unused...

I'd take a redone/updated Ironforge over any of those cities any day.

I see no reason why they couldn't update two cities each expansion and make them the new hubs. I would rather see that then neutral cities like hideous Shattrath, lorebreaking Dalaran, or VoEB Shrines.

Expansion 5 - Updated Darnassus/Undercity
    Expansion 6 - Updated Ironforge/Thunderbluff
    Expansion 7 - Updated Exodar/Silvermoon

That said, Blizzard seems to regret having made capital cities other than Stormwind and Orgrimmar and deems them a waster of resources. As we an see with the complete lack of update and no new additions of capital cities.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    At this point I think the hype for SW/Org has all but passed. I just wish Blizz would go back to 2 huge capitals or 1 huge capital in a new continent instead of the tiny shrines.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    That's because art is art. Whether it's art for zones, art for dungeons, art for raids, or art for models, etc., it's all art. The art department has to cover the art for all the stuff the other separate teams pump out. There isn't just an art department for world and another art department for dungeons.
    http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?vie...es.Detail&id=8

There are separate art teams for different things. The art team is divided into smaller sub teams. You can at least spend 5 minutes researching before you make a post pretending you have insider knowledge on how the development team works.

Don't talk out out of your ass even if your avatar does.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

15+ Year Old Account

There are separate art teams for different things. The art team is divided into smaller sub teams. You can at least spend 5 minutes researching before you make a post pretending you have insider knowledge on how the development team works.

There is still a pretty big point here.

Not sure the City & Dungeon team should devote their attention to old cities when they could be making new dungeons, new cities/hubs, and new scenarios.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as major game content is put at the forefront of development then yes, definitely. Let's not forget Ironforge and Thunderbluff though.

10+ Year Old Account

So I got the environment and dungeons being the same team wrong... But guess what? Your link still describes the Dungeon/City team as making art for stuff in the environment (buildings and flight paths). Character and Prop teams' assets are also used in the environment. They're not as separate as you like to believe.

Maybe you should stop talking out of your ass when that link clearly shows the Dungeon art team is the same as the City art team, which heavily uses resources from the Props team. City/Dungeon has to be populated by art from the Character team. So redesigning cities will reduce art available for other content.

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    I don't want players to think that they're getting heroic scenarios instead of dungeons, though. They're kind of different teams working on them, scenarios are much easier for us to make, so it was more of extra content we could give players rather than trying to do a bait and switch of "Yeah, I know you like dungeons, but we're gonna give you this scenario instead."
    Dungeons come with the expectation of new architecture, and some new art, and mechanics like that. I don't think players would be satisfied if we just took, say, the Tomb of Forgotten Kings and said "Hey, this is our dungeon now," even though it has the basics of a dungeon, you know, it has a tomb you're going down into and monsters and things like that. But I still don't think it feels like a dungeon the way Gate of the Setting Sun feels like a dungeon. (Source)

Do you guys plan to fix up Silvermoon soon? The Sunwell has been restore since 2 expansions ago.
    What new content would you be willing to give up so that artists could focus on Silvermoon? (Source)
    It should be done for consistency. How about you make a patch focused on Lor'Themar, Velen/Anduin and revamp both BC zones ^_^
    I'm not sure many players get excited about consistency. In a world of infinite artists, I'd totally agree. (Source)
    ...that we need to choose what content for the limited artists to focus on? There is not enough resources? Wow!
    Your math doesn't exactly work there, but regardless, the issue is not being able to find enough good artists quickly enough. (Source)
    Your a multimillion dollar company, Hire a new artist. Do not say we are picky about who we hire. (Multimillion)
    I don't think hiring anyone who walked through the door would give you the quality of art your are looking for. (Source)

A patch used to include dungeons and raids, not a patch is just balance and dailies.
    Dragon Soul came with few new boss models and virtually no new architecture because of the 3 dungeons included in that patch. (Source)

This makes me believe that dungeons take a lot more effort than many peeps realize. oO Loved the Eternity one.
    The architecture (the physical dungeon) takes a very long time. The encounters take time too, but usually less. You can mitigate that by doing outdoor dungeons, but it's easy to overdo those. (Source)

Why can't the scenario team work on dungeons instead? Can't stand scenarios as healer; even in guild as disc.
    Good dungeons require a lot of art. (Source)

Why does it take so much more time to design a dungeon than a scenario?
    Art is the big one, but the boss mechanics are also more complex and we have to make sure the loot and lock outs work correctly. (Source)

Prioritization is just a part of this or any business. It's not a questions of being cheap. It's a question of bang for the buck. (Source)
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-20 at 11:41 PM.

WHY? I have not been to Exodar since Burning Crusade, and that was only passing through with a Draenei alt. Silvermoon is beautiful already. UC has its nostalgic charm; learn to let some things be.