Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    I'd take a redone/updated Ironforge over any of those cities any day.

I see no reason why they couldn't update two cities each expansion and make them the new hubs. I would rather see that then neutral cities like hideous Shattrath, lorebreaking Dalaran, or VoEB Shrines.

Expansion 5 - Updated Darnassus/Undercity
    Expansion 6 - Updated Ironforge/Thunderbluff
    Expansion 7 - Updated Exodar/Silvermoon

That said, Blizzard seems to regret having made capital cities other than Stormwind and Orgrimmar and deems them a waster of resources. As we an see with the complete lack of update and no new additions of capital cities.

At this point I think the hype for SW/Org has all but passed. I just wish Blizz would go back to 2 huge capitals or 1 huge capital in a new continent instead of the tiny shrines.
    Sometimes I think I should have rolled a Priest....

Herald of the Titans Suffer the Consequences's Avatar
    In a bunker, stockpiling an arsenal you wouldn't fucking believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    That's because art is art. Whether it's art for zones, art for dungeons, art for raids, or art for models, etc., it's all art. The art department has to cover the art for all the stuff the other separate teams pump out. There isn't just an art department for world and another art department for dungeons.
    http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?vie...es.Detail&id=8

There are separate art teams for different things. The art team is divided into smaller sub teams. You can at least spend 5 minutes researching before you make a post pretending you have insider knowledge on how the development team works.

Don't talk out out of your ass even if your avatar does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Her head is so far up her own asshole that I'm surprised she's not on the list of people she's fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Yes, it was Cummy. Cummy Fluffington.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Sorry I'm canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post

There are separate art teams for different things. The art team is divided into smaller sub teams. You can at least spend 5 minutes researching before you make a post pretending you have insider knowledge on how the development team works.

There is still a pretty big point here.

Not sure the City & Dungeon team should devote their attention to old cities when they could be making new dungeons, new cities/hubs, and new scenarios.

No, no don't wanna be a hipster but a big star
    And I wanna see my name tattooed where your tits are

As long as major game content is put at the forefront of development then yes, definitely. Let's not forget Ironforge and Thunderbluff though.

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post

So I got the environment and dungeons being the same team wrong... But guess what? Your link still describes the Dungeon/City team as making art for stuff in the environment (buildings and flight paths). Character and Prop teams' assets are also used in the environment. They're not as separate as you like to believe.

Maybe you should stop talking out of your ass when that link clearly shows the Dungeon art team is the same as the City art team, which heavily uses resources from the Props team. City/Dungeon has to be populated by art from the Character team. So redesigning cities will reduce art available for other content.

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    I don't want players to think that they're getting heroic scenarios instead of dungeons, though. They're kind of different teams working on them, scenarios are much easier for us to make, so it was more of extra content we could give players rather than trying to do a bait and switch of "Yeah, I know you like dungeons, but we're gonna give you this scenario instead."
    Dungeons come with the expectation of new architecture, and some new art, and mechanics like that. I don't think players would be satisfied if we just took, say, the Tomb of Forgotten Kings and said "Hey, this is our dungeon now," even though it has the basics of a dungeon, you know, it has a tomb you're going down into and monsters and things like that. But I still don't think it feels like a dungeon the way Gate of the Setting Sun feels like a dungeon. (Source)

Do you guys plan to fix up Silvermoon soon? The Sunwell has been restore since 2 expansions ago.
    What new content would you be willing to give up so that artists could focus on Silvermoon? (Source)
    It should be done for consistency. How about you make a patch focused on Lor'Themar, Velen/Anduin and revamp both BC zones ^_^
    I'm not sure many players get excited about consistency. In a world of infinite artists, I'd totally agree. (Source)
    ...that we need to choose what content for the limited artists to focus on? There is not enough resources? Wow!
    Your math doesn't exactly work there, but regardless, the issue is not being able to find enough good artists quickly enough. (Source)
    Your a multimillion dollar company, Hire a new artist. Do not say we are picky about who we hire. (Multimillion)
    I don't think hiring anyone who walked through the door would give you the quality of art your are looking for. (Source)

A patch used to include dungeons and raids, not a patch is just balance and dailies.
    Dragon Soul came with few new boss models and virtually no new architecture because of the 3 dungeons included in that patch. (Source)

This makes me believe that dungeons take a lot more effort than many peeps realize. oO Loved the Eternity one.
    The architecture (the physical dungeon) takes a very long time. The encounters take time too, but usually less. You can mitigate that by doing outdoor dungeons, but it's easy to overdo those. (Source)

Why can't the scenario team work on dungeons instead? Can't stand scenarios as healer; even in guild as disc.
    Good dungeons require a lot of art. (Source)

Why does it take so much more time to design a dungeon than a scenario?
    Art is the big one, but the boss mechanics are also more complex and we have to make sure the loot and lock outs work correctly. (Source)

Prioritization is just a part of this or any business. It's not a questions of being cheap. It's a question of bang for the buck. (Source)
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-20 at 11:41 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

WHY? I have not been to Exodar since Burning Crusade, and that was only passing through with a Draenei alt. Silvermoon is beautiful already. UC has its nostalgic charm; learn to let some things be.