Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Why do people even bother to ask for girl advice here? i dont understand it. Ask your friends or your mother... something. Not a WoW forum.
    Sorry what.

Your mother?

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Sorry what.

Your mother?

Yeah you know.. your mom? Thanks for repeating what i said

Yeah you know.. your mom? Thanks for repeating what i said
    I suspect his point was that a 16 year old boy would rather poke his own eyes out with rusty scissors than talk to his mother about the hot girl at school he has special tingly feelings for. Which I second. The advice on the whole was sound though: your closest friends will know how to help you and your situation with this girl a lot better than a bunch of trolls and/or poorly informed online strangers.

No matter how you qualify it between the two of you now, you're too young for it to last.

Do not try to define it, and enjoy it as long as you can.

Relationships at these ages end, and it's good that that do, because these are the times when people change the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    She will just break your heart, drop her and move on before you become even more attached, teenage hormones can really fuck you up mentally and they become more powerful with time.
    Rich, why are you reminding me of my ex! We still talk actually, though I've been trying to stop because she's interesting to say the least but that's kind of what I love about her.

OT: If a girl is feeling doubt before a relationship starts chances are it won't work out, one thing I've noticed about girls around the age 16-18 is that many of them are very strange, not weird but more complicated than learning physics at Cambridge University. I'm going to ask you something, do you like her and are you willing to give her space when needed? Does she feel comfortable around you because she doesn't seem to with that age problem. She seems a bit iffy considering you are 16 and she's 17, a one year difference at most.
    Hey everyone

so what i got from this is that i should not expect or hope for any relationship, and i should rather just have fun without too many feelings involved.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Less than a year difference, you do know you'll be hanged for this.
    Hung? That's lenient. I think quartered is more appropriate.

Seriousness, er I mean silliness aside, I've dated people two years younger and I was only threatened to be run out of the town by their parents. They did not like me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    so what i got from this is that i should not expect or hope for any relationship, and i should rather just have fun without too many feelings involved.
    Welcome to MMO champ relationship advice, where getting laid is proven to be a priority over a stable relationship! Although at your age (oh god I sound old...) stable relationship means it lasts more than a month and sex isn't the only thing on your mind during said month... *shrug* I'd suggest going with your gut feelings...

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

Welcome to MMO champ relationship advice, where getting laid is proven to be a priority over a stable relationship! Although at your age (oh god I sound old...) stable relationship means it lasts more than a month and sex isn't the only thing on your mind during said month... *shrug* I'd suggest going with your gut feelings...
    hmm. I guess i'll just take it easy then. I've now known her for close to a month, and while i really do like her, she has been acting a bit weird lately (imo), but im insanely bad at reading body language and indirect talk, so maybe im just missing things. Either way, i hope things get cleared up between us soon. I cant really move on with any other girl before this door is closed, but it currently feels like i cant quite see where this is going :/

But there is more to it. She is dealing with some problems including anxiety, and she is also dealing with some bad memories of her last relation ship (which ended like half a year ago i think). She doesn't really want to / can go home in the weekends while pretty much everyone else leaves school (we live here sunday to friday) to go home.

Its late and i need sleep, i hope some body responds during my sleep though.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

If she is unwilling to be "boyfriend/girlfriend" like you say, then you already know right there she is planning on seeing other people. I don't care what she says to your face...that is what it means. She is just looking for casual fun/friends with benefits. If you're ok with that, then by all means proceed as usual and enjoy yourself. If not, and you have real feelings, then get out now. Right now. The longer you wait to pull away, the more painful it will be.
    Last edited by Dookles; 2013-08-21 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Hate to say it, but she's using you as a part time fling...

She's rejecting talks of a real relationship, and has already acknowledged she won't date those younger than herself.

-

I'd say it's up to you, you're both extremely young - and this is quite commonplace amongst people you... "our" age.

Sucks for you though, as it seems you have some real feelings for her...

(Or perhaps she's trying to put you off in hopes she doesn't fall for you.. girl's maaaan - As horny as men, or worse - but triple as complicated!)

I'd have to agree with what was said here.
    However I'd just make the most of the now, we both could be wrong. She could have a change of heart. Typically though, and this is very common, girls will go for older guys (2-4 years older is most common age gap)...thus is how the world works.

Deleted
    Just enjoy it for what it is. It's not a serious thing, you're not even girlfriend and boyfriend, there's not alk of marriage so just have a nice time being with her. Age doesn't matter, if you want to be with soemone you'll be with them. it sounds a bit like she's looking for excuses, getting over her ex etc, the age thing, so don't get in too deep. It's all experience.

An age difference that minuscule doesn't mean much. The thing that matters is what you and her view life as at this point. If she has any particular reason for going after older people rather than just attraction them, then if she found you attractive there isn't any problems. If she is graduating highschool and about to get a job and a place then there could be some issues with that. As long as you guys are on the same path and is isn't too much trouble to start a relationship, there shouldn't be any real problems.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    She will just break your heart, drop her and move on before you become even more attached, teenage hormones can really fuck you up mentally and they become more powerful with time.
    Or you could just realize that having a serious relationship at a young age is pretty stupid in the first place. or at least realize that it is unlikely that you are going to find someone who wants to be together forever that early in your life.

She's with you for now, she will probably leave you someday. And by someday, I mean in a few months or less. Juvenile relationships tend to be pretty short, they are about getting experience rather than being in it for the long haul or finding a lifelong partner.

I mean think about it. It's your first time in the candy store. Do you buy the same candy for the next 40 years? It's your first time in the store, there are many different brands and flavors. Why just restrict yourself to one brand and flavor? I mean even for someone who has things that don't fall out of style for them, just making one decision and going with it right off the bat is a bit of a stretch.

Just get what you can while you can, don't worry about forcing the matter of being in a serious relationship. Plenty of fish in the sea, even if that's the only fish that you think you want at the time.

Deleted
    To be honest you should just go with it, not even 80% of the relationships at your age will last long. When you hit bar ages, you want to venture out and there can't be someone holding you out. You can't be afraid of getting bad experiences, because it's just part of life.

Why do people even bother to ask for girl advice here? i dont understand it. Ask your friends or your mother... something. Not a WoW forum.
    well some of us have seen the inside of a real vagina and don't just post here and complain about how racist it is to not be sexually attracted to someone of particular ethnicity or say ghostcrawler should hang himself because he nerfed my class.

I mean that's just me, but i think this is also a lot different than "my gf is living with 4 dudes and i'm annoyed about it". Some people don't have people to turn to to ask their questions.

I mean, I love my mom man. But when you get down to the brass tacks, she was a failure as a parent. She put a roof over my head and kept me fed, but that's about all I can say. I didn't have a male role model in my life being raised by a single parent, I didn't have anyone to answer the important questions and to deliver hard-hitting answers.

I can't recall ever asking my mother or sister for advice about girls that was actually any good. A female will take a juvenile male and treat him like he's a child. A man will be inclined to treat him like a man and foster him into one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
    well some of us have seen the inside of a real vagina and don't just post here and complain about how racist it is to not be sexually attracted to someone of particular ethnicity or say ghostcrawler should hang himself because he nerfed my class.
    Does that somehow make that person special or something or why did you even mention that? <.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Because how many someone have previously had sex with, in the past, before the relationship should totally matter.
    Why shouldn't it? you and some others on the forum wouldn't date a virgin, some wouldn't date a girl or a guy who has sex with a whole village.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Burlap Bandana View Post
    Why shouldn't it? you and some others on the forum wouldn't date a virgin, some wouldn't date a girl or a guy who has sex with a whole village.
    Well, that might've been an overstatement, I prefer someone with experience. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Does that somehow make that person special or something or why did you even mention that? <.<
    it denotes experience and makes fun of the negative stereotype that all people who play wow are raging, morbidly obese, socially awkward virgins who live in their mother's basement and will never see the inside of a real vagina without becoming a sex offender.

i mean call me crazy, but that's basically what i feel the post i replied to is implying

or at least, it's the only way i could imagine my advice to someone else actually being useless
    Last edited by Masochist; 2013-08-21 at 12:18 PM.